I am having serious urges to run out and buy a guitar...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clarityat3am

I Serve Larry's Stick
I don't even know how to play a guitar! I've gone mad! lol I do know, however that if I get something that I want an acoustic guitar or a nice electric bass. (not that I've thought about it or anything lol) *tries to save herself from her urge to spend money* *ties self to chair*

------------------
From Telly Time at PLEBA Mansion by our very own Mullen-Girl:

Foadzilla:*stomps and says nonstop* FOAD! FOAAAAAAAAAAAAD! FOOOOOOAAAAAAADDD! *grabs Clarity and lifts her up*

Clarity: Ohhhh, well hello there mr Foadzilla, you look mighty snarly today.

Foadzilla:*lifts eyebrow* Foad?

Clarity: Oh yeah definitely.

Alright, hun (can i call you hun?
wink.gif
)...relax! First decide whether or not you want an acoustic guitar or a bass...then I will see what I can do from there.

------------------
Rock 'N Roll is the sound of revenge.

Bass!!! I wanna bass! (Yeah you all know I love Larry, but I don't have room for drooms in my lil apartment! lol)

Yes you can call me hun...lol. *dances around like a goof*

[This message has been edited by clarityat3am (edited 02-22-2002).]

Ok, give me a few minutes and I'll see what I can come up with.

What's your $$$ limit?

------------------

[This message has been edited by Se7en (edited 02-22-2002).]

I understand about the price. No point in shelling out the cash as a beginner. But don't forget you need an amp...otherwise you're not going to hear much.

Here's what I would suggest...

Bass Guitar: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/sid=020222101324192077143253997890/search/g=home/detail/base_id/48503

It's a Dean bass, VERY basic...they are decent imports and I'd trust them over Squire anyday. I know it's black, sorry
frown.gif

Amp: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/sid=020222101324192077143253997890/search/g=home/detail/base_id/43447

It's a small Vox practice amp. You don't need anything huge. This will get the job done for a beginner. Besides, it's Edge's favorite brand.

Hope this helps. If you have any more Q's, let me know.

------------------

I can recommend the Gibson SG...identical to the one Edge uses for Elevation. It has a lightning fast neck, it's thin, lightweight, just beautiful up close......the only draw back would be the price, of course. Mine is a '61 Reissue with the '57 hummers. It's was basically an investment item too.......they appreciate with age!

good luck with whatever you get......
I went through music123.com ......

Go for it!! Guitars are fun!! I have one, and I can't play it all, but it's fun to look at.

I really, really want to buy a bass, but I know nothing about them.
frown.gif

------------------
"I don't particularly like myth, but to me mystery is everything." --The Edge

Clarity, I feel the same way! I have an urge to buy an acoustic guitar but I don't know which guitar is good for a beginner like me. Since we are in this topic, could anyone help me out also? The max I'm willing to spend is $200. Any suggestions?

------------------
~*~Keep your head up cause today's gonna come...Midnight...she can't sleep she's afraid to dream...my spanish rose~*~

an acoustic/electric has a pre-amp built in so that you could plug in to an amplifier or pa systerm if you were to perform.

------------------

Have you given into that urge yet clarity?
I sure hope so
smile.gif

If I could go back and do it again, I'd learn keyboards. Get yourself one of those too...imho.

Oh I got one last Monday
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
It's GREAT. The next couple of nights I heard the geetar SOUNDS in my dreams....it's so cool
biggrin.gif

------------------
~*Mona*~
ani_bono.gif

LOVE me, give me SOUL

Kick start my rock 'n rollin? heart. ~J.E.W.

"I think I just said I was smart there - I'm sorry about that." ~Bono

"I...I had a one night stand with the Discoteque video" ~Mona
The Man Corral

You might want to think about a good ash-bodied, maple-neck Stratocaster (or Strat clone). It's the Edge's primary guitar, and you can find a used one on eBay for around $350.

Back
Top Bottom