I am doing a presentation on U2 and I need your help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Miggy D

War Child
Hey guys and gals,

I'm doing a presentation on U2 for my Communication class. My premise is that although U2 is a popular band that has been around for nearly 3 decades, not a lot of people know very much about them. I plan to give a 7 minute speech detailing the highlights of U2's career, using images, sound, and video.

I should be able to find suitable images fairly easily, and I have all the music I need. What I need from you guys is video!

Clips must be in a format that Quicktime can read

I am looking for video clips of:

Red Rocks (Sunday Bloody Sunday)

Live Aid (Bad - preferably a segment featuring 'The Leap')

The Joshua Tree Tour (preferably Where The Streets Have No Name, but any good clip will do)

Zoo TV (one clip of Bono in full Fly mode, and another of Bono hamming it up as Mr. Macphisto)

Pop (any clip will do, but preferably one showcasing all of the technology that was put to use).

A clip from the Beautiful Day video and/or a clip from the Elevation tour would be nice, but is not necessary. Same goes for any early performances from 1979-1982.

The main point I'm trying to get across in my presentation is how diverse a career U2 has had. I think most people my age (late teens - early twenties) don't know about the incredible diversity of U2's musical catalog and performances. I know many of them will be shocked when I play clips from Achtung Baby and Zooropa. I want people to come away from my presentation with a new appreciation for U2 which will hopefully turn them into a fan like us!

Thanks in advance for any and all of your help!

- A grateful Miggy D

Unfortunately I am not a U2.com member, and music videos are nice but I am especially interested in live performances because, as Bono said, 'Live is where we live.'

-Miggy

Back
Top Bottom