I am ashamed of myself

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Murray

Acrobat
I thought better of me. Now on November 23, I will only get 8 new songs. Who is with me not to hear ANY more new U2 songs until that day (if you live in the UK, you can hear it a day early).

There is no way known that I could abstain from listening to any U2 that leaks. I'll be listening to anything and everything. I admire the strength of those who can last.

my current playlist:

Love And Peace Or Else (Temple Beach Mix)
Miracle Drug (Loudmouth Spanyards Mix)
All Because of You (Where the Streets are Windy Mix)
Vertigo (TOTP Performance)
All Because of You (TOTP version, GO EDGE!)
City of Blinding Lights (TOTP version, Digicam mix)

I think that says enough about my guilt :wink:

bcrt2000 said:
my current playlist:

haha Loudmouth Spanyards mix I love it!

I cracked after a couple of hours. Though I don't feel to bad cos the recordings are horrendous. I still feel like I am no better /worse off than after listening to the Spanish recordings.

bcrt2000 said:
my current playlist:

Oh...:shame:

Remember hearing the Spanish beachboys recording of Vertigo - it was so much better when we heard the real thing. On that basis I'm happy to hear crappy recordings as a small taster of the masterpiece to follow!

I'm downloading 3rd song from the album (shame on me) but I can't wait to get the real CD on November 23rd!

Last edited:
No more for me, all these poor recordings are taking the edge off my hype for the new album (but thank you too that spent time to put them up for us).

I'm looking froward patiently for the full studio album now. I'm gonna try and stay away from the hype as I know if I get caught up in it I'll be disappointed.

i'm with you all the way, im not listening to ANYTHING before the album comes out, apart from Vertigo that is... I want that feeling i had with AB and Pop, days i can still vividly remember...

bcrt2000 said:
my current playlist:

I think you got 2 names wrong:

All Because of You (UKTAN HARD WORK MIX)
City of Blinding Lights (ARTDIRECTOR GREAT SKILLS MIX)

rafmed said:

I think you got 2 names wrong:

All Because of You (UKTAN HARD WORK MIX)
City of Blinding Lights (ARTDIRECTOR GREAT SKILLS MIX)

YES! 100% correct. All my appreciation in the world to those who put the stuff out there for us lap dogs!:heart: :love: :heart:

I don't see anything particularly virtuous about waiting until you get a hard copy to listen. Music is music and it exists in itself. Seeing pictures of the band doesn't make the music better for me. And my God, they keep us waiting 4 yrs between albums. That's long anough. I'm listening now and I feel great about it.

back in '97 I listened to the 30sec clip of Discoteque so many times before it was released that now I'm always waiting for it to cut out after I hear that part of the song (very annoying).

I listened to the TOTP clips once each, then deleted them. It was good to hear them but that was enough for now.

chocky said:
back in '97 I listened to the 30sec clip of Discoteque so many times before it was released that now I'm always waiting for it to cut out after I hear that part of the song (very annoying).

SOOOO know what you mean!
I did this with REM's new CD (Around The Sun), ATYCLB, The White Stripes last CD (Elephant)..

But don't those parts always seem out of place then? Like the clip for SIAMYCGOO began with "...aaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllll, baby, you've got to..." and I thought Bono would yell "oooooooohhhh" before every chorus on the CD. Also, Vertigo, when I first heard the "Spaniard mix," I thought that the 'whoah oh oh oh oh's' would become the song's trademark, as they did in Elevation. But I was wrong.

Yeh i wanna hold out, but cmon, we u2 fans have had a rough time of it. 4 years. I think i first heard Beautiful before the Sydney Olympics. That is ages ago. And lets not forget we were talking about the new u2 songs as early as early 2003. Some of us less strong ones cannot resist the idea that new u2 material exists out there....

Ive listened to COBL, ABOY, MD and of course Vertigo. I don't wanna listen to anymore. Might have to get the internet disconnected until Nov 22

This obviously a personal preference, but I have listened to all the crappy leaks and the poor MP3s from the TOTP, but I will not be downloading any album tracks and listening to them (leaked tracks that is).

Here's to you who have held out, and here's to you who want U2 at all costs!!!

Back
Top Bottom