I am an idiot (question re: Fast Cars/Xanax and Wine)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lauren430

Refugee
IO: I am an idiot

So I can't figure this out....I have a song that I think is fast cars and a song that is supposedly xanax and wine. Are they the same song with 2 different names? Or does one of the songs just have the wrong title? They sound the same I think.....What's the deal, apologies in advance that I am an idiot about this!!!!!!!!! :huh:

Xanax and Wine is an earlier version of what ended up becoming Fast Cars...

They are a lil' different in the lyrics and some of the musical arrangements. Listening back to back now to see what the major difference is...

Last edited:
Xanax And Wine starts with a great guitar riff and I think it has the same lyrics and it's defenitly the same melody but with a diferent and much bigger chorus than Fast Cars. So Fast Cars has the same lyrics and melodies on the verses but a diferent chorus and very diferent arrangment. Very good songs, I prefer Xanax And Wine.... :drool:

Xanax has an extra chorus (which I think is a highlight):

Take me
Save me from myself
I know that you've been good to me
Now I need you not to be
Wake me
I feel like I've been asleep
I'm buying things I can't afford
etc.

Thanks all; I have now listened multiple times and very clearly hear the difference. Guess I should've listened a little more than 1 time each before posting....:huh:

Reggie Thee Dog said:
Xanax is a bit more Rock 'n Roll, while Fast Cars kind of grooves in a latin sort of way.

I think that perfectly sums it up....

Back
Top Bottom