I admit... I am the one.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

marik

Refugee
here you go. i admit it. it is me. i am the ONE person that likes the song "Miami". And i am not too pleased that I will never hear it played live again, thanks to all you haters out there.:sad:

uh, i like it. and do you really think U2 would decide not to play a song live because a handful of people on an internet forum don't like it? get real......

I really like that song, Miami. It's fucking A.

How can you go wrong with these lines?

Big girl with a sweet tooth watches skinny girl in the photo shoot. Freshman squeaky clean. She tastes of Chlorine.

Some places are like your aunt
But there's no place like MMMMIIIIIIIIAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMIIII

TURN IT ON , TURN IT ON , TURN IT ON , TURN IT ON AGAIN

plain and simple : miami is a terrific song , and pop is a terrific album

:dance: :macdevil: :dance:

I am the premier Miami hater, but to give it credit, it DID work well with Bullet The Blue Sky. However, I'd be happier if it was simply shot into the sun and forgotten about. I still can't believe Bono allowed a song to be released on which he sings "Miami, my mammy." Um ... what the?

I actually liked that song, it had this nice groove to it and buildup.

I think I am going to listen to it now.

I dunno, it was such a cool song, it was very un-U2.

pop's the best album and i love every song on it... even playboy mansion, which i really like...

miamis awesome too

I like Miami, but more for the sound than the lyrics. And because I like to listen to it in the car and yell "MIAMI!!!" and amuse the other people on the road.

If it wasn't for the lyrics, i would have liked it.... the sound is great.... POP actually ranks quite high in my book.... it's just that sometimes it's amazing what lyrics Bono gets away with!

The_acrobat said:

How can you go wrong with these lines?

Big girl with a sweet tooth watches skinny girl in the photo shoot. Freshman squeaky clean. She tastes of Chlorine.

These are the lines I was going to mention! I love the way Bono sings them, with such a smart-ass tone.

The rest of the song I can take or leave, though. :shrug:

:applaud: Yep, LOVE MIAMI and the whole POP album is GREAT!!!!

Playboy mansion is a good song too, but you need to be in the right mood for it!!

Miami sucks!!!!

But it's certainly not the horrid waste of a track that The Playboy Mansion is. But don't hate on me, I'm am pro-Pop!

I have a sweet spot for the song because I was born in south Miami and raised in South Florida shuttling to Miami all the time on weekends.

one of the better tracks on POP

at least they achieved their musical intentions on that one

Back
Top Bottom