I absolutely LOVE the song "October"..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

diamondbruno9

Mr. MacPhisto's Tub Scrubber
..so much so when I sing it from the top of my lungs(THE ENDING PART..'And On and on..') my two little girls remarked the other day-"Oh Daddy you sound just like Bono!"
It has gotten so bad when I was at a red light stuck in traffic and friend/co-worker had pulled up along side of my Grand Cherokee and was amusingly watching my display of 'diamondantics' laughing his way back to the dealership.

OK that's all for right now.
Has that ever happened to anybody else-getting caught 'bellowing' out a U2 song in traffic?

Good bye-
Late..
Diamond

------------------
"..it's about breaking barriers, transcending boundries and conquering great divides"-Bono 1987

---------
An open letter to Bono from myself www.arizonaautoweb.com/bono/

[This message has been edited by diamondbruno9 (edited 10-05-2001).]

Originally posted by diamondbruno9:

Has that ever happened to anybody else-getting caught 'bellowing' out a U2 song in traffic?

I haven't, actually. I do love October, though. I must say that is a very interesting choice for bellowing out at the top of your lungs.

Yesterday when I went to the dentist the radio in the office started playing I Still Haven't Found...and then I went to the music store and they were playing Achtung Baby to test one of the stereos. Zoo Station when I came in, One when I went out. So I was kind of singing One under my breath when I left, but I don't usually get any louder than that, unless I'm all alone
biggrin.gif

------------------
"I am so amazingly cool you could keep a side of meat in me for a month. I am so hip I have difficulty seeing over my pelvis." -Zaphod Beeblebrox

Scatter-
Just the ending part-
You knowthe part that goes-

"You go On..
and on...
..and on..
You go on!"

That part.

Get it?
DB9

------------------
"..it's about breaking barriers, transcending boundries and conquering great divides"-Bono 1987

---------

Great song!
smile.gif

My roommate came home yesterday and I was rocking out to Zoo Station. She thinks I'm a weirdo--but I already know that.

------------------
-The Shitty Beatles? Are they any good?

-They suck!

-So it's not just a clever name...

Last week when I got out of the shower I was singing "Bad"..If I could, ya know I would, if I could, I would...very loudly, when I opened the bathroom door, to my shock, my wife was on the phone...it was my boss from work...oh well...

Being wierd is so much fun.
smile.gif

------------------

-They suck!

Thanks Ivan, more lemons!!!

I hope my kids don't hate me, if/when I do have them. Son number one will be named James Dean, son number 2 will be named after Neil Young. They will probably hate me.

------------------

-They suck!

I don't know how to drive, but I do listen to my walkman on the way to work, and I tend to get kind of carried away, madly gesticulating, grinning and mouthing all the words (I'd never subject ANYONE to my voice, unless someone were to ply me with alcohol and coerce me in a Karaoke room).

The other day I got caught in the act by a guy with 3 Rottweillers who were growling at me!
eek.gif

------------------
"So...you write smut." Mrs. Edge's father-in-law

I love the song October too...in fact I just love October.
I kind of backtracked to the Boy album and October is THE one IMHO. How to you manage to bellow it db, it seems such a gentle song?lol. The stuck in traffic jazzed up remix version hey? good one.

Originally posted by cass:
I love the song October too...in fact I just love October.
I kind of backtracked to the Boy album and October is THE one IMHO. How to you manage to bellow it db, it seems such a gentle song?lol. The stuck in traffic jazzed up remix version hey? good one.

Cass-
The ENDING PART of the song when Bono BELLOWS-"AND ON -you go on you go on.."
Get it?
Diamond

------------------

---------

Cute story, db9! It's sweet that your daughters think you sound like Bono. And yes, October is a great song.
smile.gif

------------------
Got the swing got the sway got my straw in lemonade

"We miss our lemon, I'd just like to say that." - Bono 5/9/01

Thans Bam Bam
Lemon-

Yes Lemon I think I have the 'little-dimondettes' buffolaoed for the time being...

Diamond
bruno

------------------

---------

i love this song too, but then again i love just about every song writen/performed by them.

later!

see ya in vegas

Yesterday I was driving down the road belting out Streets, all my windows were down, and everybody that was walking/jogging down the road turned their head and looked at me like I was some sort of an idiot. It was kinda funny.

DB9, I love October, and that's a great story

Originally posted by blood red edge:
Yesterday I was driving down the road belting out Streets, all my windows were down, and everybody that was walking/jogging down the road turned their head and looked at me like I was some sort of an idiot. It was kinda funny.

If I'd seen you, I would have cheered!!
biggrin.gif

------------------
"I am so amazingly cool you could keep a side of meat in me for a month. I am so hip I have difficulty seeing over my pelvis." -Zaphod Beeblebrox

Originally posted by diamondbruno9:

LOL diamond, yes, yesterday morning precisely
biggrin.gif
Same situation, at a red light in traffic, a co-worker in his car right beside me, and this crazy woman here singing from the top of her lungs, he kept pulling my leg the whole day, damn it
biggrin.gif
. Two differences though...the song was Walk On...and the car was a little GM Corsa
wink.gif

I forgot to say what I feel about October
biggrin.gif

Absolutely love it! A song like October, written by 18, 20 years-old boys...Can you believe that? Amazing

Thank You -
Follower
Jesse U2
Ivan The Wonderful -for the nice pics.
Blood red edge-Keep singing to those 'saints' up there.
True Colors-Yes Ivan is great to have around.
D
B

------------------

---------

Back
Top Bottom