HTDAAB's Biggest Downfall.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
^
They aren't at all, theres alot going on in them without being obvious, Achtung is a dense record and people confuse the album with the materialist nature of the Zootv tour

I believe pax already asked in here that people "fight nicely" so I'm not sure why the childish name-calling and bickering has continued. We do have rules here that all members are expected to follow, and calling other members moronic, dimwitted, whining child, etc is not welcome here. This goes for everyone who is doing these things.

This thread may be closed without further warning if it gets nasty again.

ybird3k said:

I thought there is a ZOO TV DVD/Video available?

Zoo TV Sydney was released on VHS only. But you can get it on DVD from folks on eBay, which is how I got mine.

Actually, I think Bono and William Blake have a lot in common.
The AB and POP period that some on this list fetishize is indeed a Marriage of Heaven and Hell.
When this thread began, we were critiquing the shortcomings of the *Bomb,* in lyrics or production. I think the Tortoise and Bunny Train part of ABOY is rather goofy and all, and agree with some of you about other minor gripes, but frankly, it's the record's irreducible *U2-ness* that makes it so intoxicating.
love, Anu

I agree with the Crumbs one, but not so much the other 2.

Original of the Species, (took me a few seconds to figure out, curs-ed acronyms), well, nothing wrong with Larry overpowering, since some feel the volume of his playing was mixed too low. :shrug:

I suppose I've focused too much on the bass to notice what is wrong with City.

Hehe, you know how Bono said Adam's bass has mysterious powers over womenfolk ;) ...well it's true with this woman.

Seriously though, just wait for the live version, all 4 will soar with this one!

Last edited:
As to the original point of this thread:

Yes, I agree the production is aweful. Everything is too loud. I was just listening to ATYCLB the other day and I was suprised and the detail I could hear in the songs, something totally absent in HTDAAB. For me personally, it rips the heart and soul out of the new album and brings what could have been a masterpiece down a bit.

As for the sidetracked debate:

How can someone criticize "baby baby baby light my way" for being "boybandish," and turn around and worship One Tree Hill, which has one of the most cliched choruses in U2's entire catalogue "You run like a river runs to the sea." Good song, but that line is very unoriginal and could have also been written by any boyband (in fact, that lyrical idea has been used in countless songs, poems and other pieces of literature)

Last edited:
ImOuttaControl said:
How can someone criticize "baby baby baby light my way" for being "boybandish," and turn around and worship One Tree Hill, which has one of the most cliched choruses in U2's entire catalogue "You run like a river runs to the sea." Good song, but that line is very unoriginal and could have also been written by any boyband (in fact, that lyrical idea has been used in countless songs, poems and other pieces of literature)

Good point. You have to look at the context of the particular lyric, always!!! For eg: The chorus of As Long As You Love Me by the Backstreet Boys is clearly cliche but it's not just that line, it's the whole song.

ImOuttaControl said:
As for the sidetracked debate:

Do you know anything about Maori mythology, or are you as ignorant as you appear to be?

miss becky said:

WTF? Why on earth is it all right for you to express your love for Lovetown, but not all right for some of us to express our love for Achtung Baby/Zoo TV? This board is made up of people expressing OPINIONS. Just because a group of people doesn't think the way you do does not make their OPINION moronic.

Usually I try to give you the benefit of the doubt, Axver. But please grow up.

To quote from my LiveJournal, "I don't mean people whose favourite U2 album is Achtung Baby or whose favourite tour is ZooTV, I mean the types who think the Zoochtung era was perfect." And this board is full of people so blindly devoted to Zoochtung that they can't even think rationally about eighties or modern U2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom