HTDAAB Vs. Hail to the Thief - Page 5 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 12-19-2004, 09:24 AM   #81
Refugee

Local Time: 06:44 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Lancemc

1. The Beatles were technically some of the greatest musicians of their time. All of their albums from Rubber Soul on until Abbey Road are some of the most complex and finely-crafted (excluding maybe the White Album) albums of the past 40 years. And people call Radiohead experimental? The Beatles were the first to do almost everything! Listen to Srgt. Pepper's and try to tell me how on Earth they made that in 1967, it's really remarkable.
Seargent Peppers is boring crap, if you listen to it now it sounds sooooooooo dated. If you really want to hear great 60's music that still sounds fresh and exciting today then Hendrix's Are You Experienced/Axis Bold As Love/Electric Ladyland albums are what you should listen to.

Also, although I respect Lennon/McCartney for being great song writers, I will never ever respect a prat like George Harrison who in 1997 said that no one will be listening to U2 songs in 20 years time and what have they ever done. Can anyone on here remember this? Certainly sticks in my mind and it comes from a guy that was verrrrrrrrrrry lucky to know Lennon and McCartney and take a free ride in the biggest band ever. What did George Harrison ever achieve on his own. Oh hang on he sang that religious shite "My Sweet Lord", yeah fuc#ing ground breaking that was!

Old 12-19-2004, 09:34 AM   #82
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 06:44 AM
Sgt. Peppers boring eh? It seems to me you have have a lack of respect for a good tune coupled with good lyrics which what draws people to most music anyway to a certain extent in nearly every genre .

Old 12-19-2004, 10:17 AM   #83
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:44 AM
You know what rjh, I try to be civil and have calm balanced discussions in here, but you are really pissing me off. I know this is going to sound opinionated and rude, and I apoligize to the mods in advance, but you are one of the most ignorant, bigoted, stupid son of a bitch I've ever seen on here. You call us blind worshippers, but you are really the one that has his head lodged up his own ass. You just cannot allow yourself to agree with anyone, no matter how right they are. What did George Harrison ever accomplish? How fucking ignorant are you? He contributed some of the best songs The Beatles ever produced (While My Guitar Gently Weeps, Taxman, Here Comes the Sun, Sometimes), not to mention his first solo album "All Things Must Pass" that to this day stands as one of the defining albums of the 70's. I'm sorry that you are so in the dark about truely good music, that you can't appreciate a band as important as Srgt. Pepper, or Abbey Road. How glad I am I'm not like you.

P.S. I am truely sorry to all those who were still involved in this thread in a more civil way than I just was, because now it will be closed, and I can't say I'll be upset it is.
Old 12-19-2004, 10:49 AM   #84
genius of compression
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 01:44 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Sleep Over Jack
Thanks for the personal attack.

Quote:
What constitutes a post or thread worthy of being closed, deleted, or edited by the forum moderators?
Anything that is a personal attack (by personal attack, we also include yawns, rolleyes, etc. that are directly intended to annoy, and are used excessively).

You know, replying to someone's post with "ahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!! " really isn't very nice and could also be viewed as a borderline personal attack.

neutral @ interference.com
Old 12-19-2004, 10:56 AM   #85
genius of compression
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 01:44 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Lancemc

P.S. I am truely sorry to all those who were still involved in this thread in a more civil way than I just was, because now it will be closed

You're right. If you have to "apologize to to the mods in advance" in your post, it would probably be better to just not post it.

That being said, some of you need to learn to discuss your opinions in a more civil manner or further action will be taken.

neutral @ interference.com