HTDAAB Virginity Club

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's right. But when you've heard more than half of the album you might feel bad. just warning you:wink:

What if we don't get another song clip until one week before the release. Will you still resort to whoredom and listen to it?

I actually have been considering not listening to anymore leaks until the album is released. I feel like I've already heard half the album now, and I want to feel that magical feeling when I listen to the album. I love surprises, so I think I'll try to wait.

Shame on the rest of you!:shame:

Nah, I think its cool some you guys don't want to be virgins.:sexywink:

I will take part of this, unfortunatley. I cannot believe I am doing this but...I WANT TO HEAR 8 NEW SONGS ON NOVEMBER 23!! (i already listened to 3) :(

While I've heard every leak and clip that's come out, I've decided to abstain from any future clips...for my own benefit.
I'm with Phalanx on this one, I stopped downloading on Friday right after downloading Vertigo from TOTP. I have avoided COBL and ABOY and will try to keep my hands to myself for the next month. :wink:
It's going to be hard to abstain, but I think it will be worth it. There are too few suprises in life and this is one that seems worth waiting for.
This is a lot like the Honeymoon, sure you can shag beforehand, but wouldn't it be just a little sweeter with the anticipation building up to the big day? :sexywink: :yes:
Besides, the longer I wait, the longer I will have before I get tired of it and beg for new material. It's going to be a long wait between albums. :sad:
It's going to be hard though... U2 seems determined to flash it's garters at me during episodes of CSI and other promotional spots. It's going to be really hard once they start to put 30 second clips on u2.com. :drool:

Do you think there will be any more leaks? I'm disinclined to think so....

It depends on how you categorize a leak... If you're talking about official album leaks, then I would venture to say that we'll start seeing those about 2 weeks prior to the release of the album. All of the copies of the album right now are protected by some sort of digital watermark. I don't think that the final pressing will contain a digital watermark that will be at all traceable, so I think it will leak as soon as the official CD is pressed and distributed to the 2nd tier promotional folks. But I do hope your right :D
Then again, there is going to be self-leaked material by the band. Perhaps in the form of digital postcards (Are you a U2.com member yet?), or tracks that you can listen to on the website, like Vertigo is now.
It's going to be a long month... :sad: But with a happy ending!!! :happy:

Let me add that they will also be playing a series of promotional shows, so you can probably guarantee 4 or 5 songs live before the album. As an illustration, U2 played Elevation, BD, StuckIAM, and New York. We didn't get the rest until much much later.

So I guess COBL, (Cool!!! U2 IPOD add just came on TV!!!), ABOY, Vertigo and SYCMIOYO are the live choices for the next 2 months. :D

Last edited:
Keep in mind that if you join, this next month is going to be hell for you.

If you are caught listening to any new clip (even if you just happen to watch CSI - in which case you must immediately change channels if you have already reached your allotted song limit) the virgin police will be on your tail.

If you are faint-hearted, I recommend that you don't join. If you want to have the day to end all days on November 23, I recommend that you join.:wink:

Celebate U2 listeners, come join the world of the sexed up. We're just like two year olds, who want more and more and more.

Hahaha, Very funny thread FullonEdge2!!!

I really respect the U2 fans that can hold on to their virginity. I, however, am not one of those fans. I will be trying to steal your album virginity by enticing you to download leaked songs. We will post threads singing praises of the wonderous songs. You will succumb to our temptations!!

Hee hee, Elfyx! There's a female equivalent to that....

Definition of Virginity: Not actually going "all the way", but...um.....doing to.....or allowing to have done to you.....um...stroking the ears, and tantalizing, and tasting, but not actually....

A fuzzy MP3 of 5 songs on a French beach and the BBC is not the same as a track, right? :angel:

boosterjuice said:
Hahaha, Very funny thread FullonEdge2!!!

I really respect the U2 fans that can hold on to their virginity. I, however, am not one of those fans. I will be trying to steal your album virginity by enticing you to download leaked songs. We will post threads singing praises of the wonderous songs. You will succumb to our temptations!!

I will NOT. BRING IT ON!!!

Yes, I will come here to read descriptions of any new song clip that comes out, but I have fully prepared myself to be disciplined enough to resist peer pressure.

Tempt me or anyone else in the club if you will, but it won't change the fact that our first listen to the album will be better than yours!:wink:

Zoocoustic said:
I will not listen to a note of any song other than Vertigo until 11/23/04.

so i guess you wont be watching U2 perform "Vertigo" and the other new song on SNL on 11/20/04 huh.

ive listened to Vertigo and the beach version of ABOY. I will not listen to anything more, it is so nice to have a new cd, hearing the new songs at full volume in crisp quality and not knowing what to expect next. I try not to watch trailers of movies i'm really looking forward to, because they often tend to ruin some of the experience, i'll go with the same philosofy on HTDAAB.

I have downloaded Vertigo, but I heard it on the radio first. I needed it handy so I could listen to it whenever I wanted. :)

I just barely listed to bad recordings of ABOY and COBL and I don't think I am going to d/l any others until the release. If they are on TV, however, I will listen. So I dunno if I'll be considered a HTDAAB virgin or not by the time the album is released...

Hey, all HTDAAB Virgins!!!:

There is a new 10second clip of Original of the Species!! I just thought I'd let you guys know. It sure sounds like it will be great song.

Any of you virgins want a copy, just post your email address.

It sounds like most of you wish you were virgins. If you have listened to anything other than Vertigo, you are no longer pure so just enjoy the debauchery. :wink:

HAHAHAHAH!!!

I will not bend to your will. I'm firmly planted in waiting until Nov.23.

what does it sound like??

I have made an amendment to the rule for the virgin club:

1st amendment: If a clip has been recorded before January 1, 2002, the song shall be esteemed old material, and will be allowed to be listened to by a member of the club in addition to the 5 songs you are already allowed to listen to. However, if you have reached your maximum song allotment, you will still not be allowed to listen to a newer clip of the song, as it is considered new material if it was recorded after January 1, 2002.

So now you get to listen to the old OOTS clip!!

That said, if the real song sounds anything like this, I will be speechless!!:drool:

FullonEdge2 said:
HAHAHAHAH!!!

Have you already heard the 5 clips? If so, you are not a virgin. You are not a full blown slut yet, but pushing it. I wish I could hold out listening to anything else, but I am apparently very weak. :(

bsp77 said:

Have you already heard the 5 clips? If so, you are not a virgin. You are not a full blown slut yet, but pushing it. I wish I could hold out listening to anything else, but I am apparently very weak. :(

See virginity definition at top of thread

FullonEdge2 said:

See virginity definition at top of thread

I know, but in comparison, that means that someone who has slept with 5 people could still be a virgin. I am not knocking people who are trying to not spoil the album, I am just highly amused. They had some REM virgins for the new album over at murmurs. They wouldn't even read articles that described the album. Now they were chaste.

So by your definition, you can still sleep with one person and still be a virgint (vertigo)?

I was just explaining that with all the hype, it is unrealistic to think that anyone would refuse to hear anything off the album before they buy it. Besides, I need motivation to give me those 6 songs of which I haven't heard a note. I'm already feeling guilty for listening to the short clip of OOTS, even though the 1st amendment allows me to listen to it.

Last edited:
FullonEdge2 said:
So by your definition, you can still sleep with one person and still be a virgint (vertigo)?

Good point. But if it comes on the radio, you can't help it. It is like seeing sex on tv. It is just in front of you, you aren't actually doing any work. :wink: Ok, this analogy has gotten really awful. Sorry everybody.

FullonEdge2 said:
HAHAHAHAH!!!

OOTS sounds very beatlesish. We only heard the first coda of the course. Not much to base an opinion on but still, it sounds very catchy.

FullonEdge2 said:
I have made an amendment to the rule for the virgin club:

1st amendment: If a clip has been recorded before January 1, 2002, the song shall be esteemed old material, and will be allowed to be listened to by a member of the club in addition to the 5 songs you are already allowed to listen to. However, if you have reached your maximum song allotment, you will still not be allowed to listen to a newer clip of the song, as it is considered new material if it was recorded after January 1, 2002.

So now you get to listen to the old OOTS clip!!

That said, if the real song sounds anything like this, I will be speechless!!:drool:

Hahahaha, you gave in to my temptations!

Back
Top Bottom