HTDAAB Tracklisting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

If you shout...

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
I imagine that people will regard this post as little more than the result of perceived excessive crack-smokery, but here we go anyway...

What would you all think of the new album if the tracklisting were to be in complete reverse? That is, how would you feel if "Vertigo" closed the album after "Yahweh" opened it and so on? I know how terribly easy it would be to write this off as nonsense, but give it a thought for me. I really think that the careening energy brought to the plate by "Vertigo," especially, would do wonders to close the album off with a shout (pun intended, of course).

I'm just so damned tired of U2's albums ALWAYS winding down as they play out to their respective conclusions. I don't necessarily think that they all suffer from this, but it is a bothersome bit of predictability for me. Anyway...what's the verdict? Hit this thread up and we'll see where we all stand, I suppose.

i think Yahweh is actually pretty upbeat, lyrically and somewhat musically, especially for a u2 album. So I think it's a change as it is. :)

"Yahweh" is indeed a bit of a change...and it is indeed welcome. I guess I'd just like something more radical, you know? Really shake it all up...really surprise us. A LOT.

Honestly, I think Yahweh could of been ANY place on the album, even the starter. Right now my favorite 2 songs are the last 2 and this is not a knock on the first tracks. It just shows how rich this album actually is.

Vertigo at the end? Yeah, a lot say 'hello' when they bid others farewell.

Axver said:
Vertigo at the end? Yeah, a lot say 'hello' when they bid others farewell.

I can see where you're coming from, with that. At the same time, though, wouldn't that paradox create a good deal of psychological vertigo...? Eh...?

I don't know; I took that into consideration when this crazy idea hit me, and I genuinely think that the incongruity of ending an album by saying, "Hello," is both vertigo-ey and a great gesture by U2. Instead of closing the door on the past as their albums usually do with their final tracks, OPENING the door to the future. Sonically, too, I think that the crashing, careening, propulsive drive of this song when placed at the end of the album would cause more people to A) Listen to the album the whole way through, and B) Start the album over again and give it a second, third, or forth spin.

I would just love for the album to gradually get more and more intense. There are up-temp songs at the end of the album as it currently stands ("Yahweh" obviously included), but I'd love something CRASHING to close 'er off. End with a bang, you know? A big one.

Back
Top Bottom