HTDAAB - the part that gives you goosebumps

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

purpleblackeye

War Child
for me, it is bridge in Sometimes You Can't Make it on Your Own, when it soars with "can you hear me siiiiiiiing....you're the reason the operas are in me......" etc. please excuse me if the lyrics are not entirely accurate. anyway, you know which part i am talking about.

i also love the part in Love and Peace or Else where the guitar sounds like it is rising up from the ground all muffled sounding and than it just breaks free.

the part that gives me goosebumps is during Edge's solo in Miracle Drug, where you hear Bono just wailing in the background. . . amazing! I love all the backing vocals on the album, especiall in Miracle Drug, COBL, AmAAW ("brown eyed girl across the street. . . "), and Yaweh

Miralce Drug....Bonos "god i need your help tonight" followed by Edges guitar and then Edges verse. WOW it just dosnt get better for me:hyper:

Right on theedge111... I was just going to say the exact same part. It's so good it gives me chills. Definitely one of the God-walking-through-the-studio moments.

So true hey? i cant believe that they can still make me feel this way 25 years later.

Time… time
Won’t leave me as I am
But time won’t take the boy out of this man

Oh you look so beautiful tonight
In the city of blinding lights

And

And you feel like no-one before
You steal right under my door
I kneel ‘cos I want you some more
I want you some more, I want you some more…

are my biggest goosebump moments on the album.

Edge's solo in MD, then the verse following "I was a stranger, you took me in"...then the chorus after that :drool:

Bono saying "God I need your help tonight", then Edge's solo, then the "Beneath the noise..." part. I couldn't contain my excitement when I first heard it.

probabley From the Begining of Veritgo through end of Yahweh (note i'm only just listening to Fast Cars As we speak....no that should be as we type)

As soon as Edge kicks in with the slide in Miracle Drug - absolutely the perfect sound at the perfect time

Edge's guitar in OOTS during the "Everywhere you go you shout it..." lines - again, the perfect sound at the perfect time.

first 2 lines of MD....
"I wanna trip inside your head,
spend the day there..."
simple as cowmilk but so amazing

the beginning of and the strings between the verse and bridge in 'Original Of The Species'

Last edited:
As some referred, the part from the "god i need your help tonight" until the end of the song in miracle drug feels like a trip to heaven.

An then, the "browned eye girl across the street..." from amaaw is the perfect melodic moment of the album.

Miracle Drug: Edge's solo and his lines right after.

Crumbs From You Table: "Where you live should not decide ..."

Yahweh: Intro

last verse of MD:

beneath the noise
below the din
i hear a voice, it's whispering
in science and in medicine
i was a stranger, you took me in

don't know if that is exact - but THAT gives me chills

Edge solo in miracle drug.....

And also the last part of original of the spieces... when bono sounds happy (3.32..)

the guitar rising through the mix before the solo in Lapoe pure class

I don't know what the hell you guys are talking about (I'm a virgin), but just by readin' all this - I GET GOOSEBUMPS! :yes: :lol:

Still waiting for the dawn
The sun is coming up
The sun is coming up on the ocean
This love is like a drop in the ocean
This love is like a drop in the ocean

Does this part give anyone else goosebumps?

Okay, there are a few of them... :wink:

1. The guitar bridge of Vertigo just before 'all of this could be yours'.

2. The guitar part and Edge's accompanying verse 'beneath the noise, below the din...'

3. The ending of LAPOE when the guitar rises higher and higher in a muffled sound until it totally explodes! :rockon:

4. I'm getting ready to leave the ground from COBL. The song literally takes off at that point!

5. I'm alive, I'm being born... part of ABOY.

6. The soul needs beauty for a soul mate... part of AMAAW.

7. The guitar echoes of Crumbs and the fog horn sounds! :heart:

8. The chiming interlude before I'm hanging out to dry with my old clothes... from OSC.

9. The guitar during the chorus of OOTS: everywhere you go....shy about it. And the ending... I want you some more..

10. Yahweh: 'the sun is coming up on the ocean' part... great feeling of hope!

I'm not so sure about Sometimes here. The SING part does nothing for me in an otherwise average song.

Back
Top Bottom