HTDAAB - the part that gives you goosebumps

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
"can you hear me sing, you're the reason I sing, you're the reason why the opera is in me" in Sometimes.

in Love and peace, at about 4:05 when that bass starts humming louder and louder and the guitar breaks out

in All because of you, the "waaaaaah!" Bono scream right before the solo.

in Yahweh "the sun is coming up in the ocean, this love is like a drop in the ocean, this love is like a drop in the ocean, oooooooh" and that guitar rush that follows it.

Miracle Drug - from Edge's solo to the end.

City of Blinding Lights - the last three 'Oh You Look So Beautiful Tonight!'

Original of the Species - I love the do-do-do-do do bit.

edge_2125 said:
Original of the Species - I love the do-do-do-do do bit.

Oh God... that's the part I cannot stand with the 'sugar cmon' thrown in. :madspit:

Sorry, didn't mean to rain on your parade there. :wink:

Last edited:
Vertigo - actually the whole song gives me chills now - It has seriously grown on me
Miracle Drug - Edge's guitar solo to his vocal solo - oh how I love tat part
SYCMOYO - \how the guitar and bono's vocals seem to blend together for the can you hear me when I sing
Love and Peace - Edge solo - the beginning "lay down...."
City of Blinding Lights - goose bump city - everything about the song is perfection
All Because of You - Bono scream :)
A man and a woman - Adam Clayton the whole way through:drool:
Crumbs "where you live should not decided..."
One Step Closer - "can you hear the drummer slowing" complete with, well, larry slowing down and stopping
Original of the Species - 3:30 - where Bono actually captures the emotion of joy on an album
Yahweh -"sun is coming up on the ocean..." part that they've left out of the live show :grumpy:

fast cars: "don't you worry about your mind..."
Are You Gonna Wait Forever: "won't be long 'till the summer comes"
Mercy - the whole damn song in its nummy goodness but I just love the line "we're binary code/ a one and a zero/you wanted violins/and you got Nero"and the rest of the song
:drool:

It seems to be the most common response, but the MD part with the slide and Bono's "yyyeaaaahhh ohhhh", the solo, and the almighty Edge verse, all that together is one of the finest U2 moments I'll ever have.

In the final chorus, one of the fills Larry uses where it's just like "ba-da-bum, ba-da-bum, ba-da-bum, ba-da-bum" (3:29, 3:37)

This part of the second verse is pretty damn sweet too:

Reeeeaaason is on our side
Looo-oooo-oooo-oove

I guess basically the entire song does it for me.

Vertigo: Larry's clicking!!

SYCMIOYO: Bono pleading "Don't leave me here alone...."

City: OH! YOU! LOOK! SO! BEAU-TI-FUL! TONIGHT!

One Step Closer: But a heart that hurts, is a heart that beats -- Can you hear the drummer slowing?
IMO one of the best lines ever written by anyone.

Crumbs: Whole freaking thing!

Original: The chorus mainly, but the whole song's cool.

How can people say that U2 is losing (or loosing for Bun fans) their magic?

This is one of the most magical albums I've heard in a long time.

pretty much miracle drug. start to finish, all the words.

love makes no sense of space and time....

"And you feeeeeeeeeeel like no one before..." from OOTS.

I can't believe they haven't figured out how to make this work live, with electric guitar... this was the one song I was most looking forward to hearing live, and the acoustic version is too mellow for me. :(

LyricalDrug said:
"And you feeeeeeeeeeel like no one before..." from OOTS.

I can't believe they haven't figured out how to make this work live, with electric guitar... this was the one song I was most looking forward to hearing live, and the acoustic version is too mellow for me. :(

I agree....would love to hear Edge's guitar FLY on a live version of this...but any way, this song is pure magic.

Back
Top Bottom