HTDAAB (Spaniard Beach Mix)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

adam3000

Acrobat
Recently I made an playlist in iTunes with the songs that hit the net...

1. Vertigo (Spaniard Beach Mix) 1:26
2. Vertigo (Valencia Radio Mix) 3:11
3. Neon Lights (B-Side) 4:07
4. Miracle Drug (Spaniard Beach Mix) 1:11
5. Love And Peace, Or Else (Spaniard Beach Mix) 3:37
6. All Because of You (Spaniard Beach Mix) 0:53

... and it got me thinking, when the HTDAAB is released, what if someone would actually make a "Spaniard Beach Mix" of the entire album? I've grown fond of the waves, slight distortion and brief bits of spanish conversation. I'm probably crazy, but I might take Apple's Garage Band and put some ocean loops in there just for the heck of it. What do you guys think? Are there any good mixers out there that could come up with cool extended mixes of HTDAAB with various distortion, ocean waves and spanish conversation? This could be cool fan project!

I find that pretty funny. I bet these spanish guys never thought they would end up famous.

I was talking to someone earlier about Vertigo and they asked, "But you had already heard part of the song right?" and I answered yeah but it was the Beach Version.

I'm going to be listening to the CD version of Miracle Drug with a sound machine on "waves" -Bono's voice, the guitar, the waves crashing - xanax for the ears

Its funny to say Beach Version...Maybe we can call them the Beach Sessions...heheh or better yet the Beach Outtakes.
:yes:

I'm maintaining that my favorite part is when someone - at the end of the guitar solo - says quite clearly "la edge"
I'm liking the beach outtakes myself

artdirector said:
Its funny to say Beach Version...Maybe we can call them the Beach Sessions...heheh or better yet the Beach Outtakes.
:yes:

I think it would be inappropriate to call them the "Beach Sessions" or even "Beach Outtakes" because none of the actual recordings of the original music was made at the beach. Instead an echo of the original music was recorded outside, stolen, and mixed in with that recording was the waves and spanish dudes ... thus dubbed "Spaniard Beach Mix"

... or maybe we should call them the "Dalkey Beach Mix" ! :wink:

You know, We shouldn't give those spanish dudes any sort of credit. Why in the world were they chatting up a storm while pirating the beach clips????? Their mindless chatter has been the bane of my existence for over 2 weeks. Thank God we have Vertigo now. And the funny thing is....... THERE IS STILL SPANISH IN THE CLIP!!!!!

boosterjuice said:
You know, We shouldn't give those spanish dudes any sort of credit. Why in the world were they chatting up a storm while pirating the beach clips????? Their mindless chatter has been the bane of my existence for over 2 weeks. Thank God we have Vertigo now. And the funny thing is....... THERE IS STILL SPANISH IN THE CLIP!!!!!

I love irony:wink:

Back
Top Bottom