HTDAAB Song Similarities

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kristbg

Acrobat
I guess the first thing we do when we listen to a new U2 song is to try to compare it to older songs... you can figure out what we'll do when we get 11 new ones at the same time.

Well, after listening to HTDAAB a couple times, I found out that some songs sound a lot like older songs...

SYCMIOYO sounds like a slowed down version of Electrical Storm... in some parts I want to start to sing "Elec-tri-cal Stoooorm" in falsetto. The solo also sounds similar.

Love And Peace Or Else reminds me of "Red Light" (can anyone remember this song?)...

One Step Closer has almost the same chords as Miss Sarajevo at the beginning. You can practically sing "Is there a time..." about half a minute into the song.

"Crumbs"'s guitar sounds a lot like "Walk On"'s....

COBL, of course, reminded many of us of WTSHNN...

I bet there's more :)

COBL = WTSHNN + Gone
Man and a Woman = TTTYAATW + IALW + Wild Honey
Miracle Drug.. Walk On and Staring at the Sun
Crumbs - a bolder, louder WILATW

i remember my old thread like this...
oh well, i'l take another shot at it.

1. Vertigo = Elevation
2. Miracle Drug = Walk On
3. Sometimes... = One + Grace
4. LaPoE = Helter Skelter* + Bullet The Blue Sky + Red Light
5. COBL = WTSHNN + If God Will Send His Angels
6. All Because Of You = Desire + Vertigo + ISHFWILF
7. A Man And A Woman = Wild Honey + TTTYAATW
8. Crumbs From Your Table = Electrical Storm + HTBA
9. One Step Closer = I Remember You* + So Cruel
10. Original of The Species = Ultraviolet (Light My Way) + Kite
11. Yaweh = UF + A Sort Of Homecoming

*Covers

Last edited:
HTDAAB is U2's more derivative album to date. Whether they borrowed riffs from their old songs or from other artists (example: Saigon Kick, BeeGees, Beatles, etc.) - it is quite a derivative album. But its probably the best derivative album of all time.

Cheers,

J

Well, since i don't have anything but vertigo and i am desperate for it, i think i am going to leave my address all over the places (no one is replying anymore in the requests thread).

Please drop the bomb (except vertigo) in:

rgirao@mail.telepac.pt

thank you so much

i am sorry to say to you all but you are so imature (even stupids)
i do not care if the album sell a lot or not if people like it or not if critic make good reviews or not. i just care i love it, it's brilliant, it's my album, just mine and less people like it more mine it will be. i hope that just a few people like it, i think that is the mark of a true classic u2, because they are about crossing frontiers and in a world so mainstream, i do not want that who likes madona, britney,and the stupid e weak english scene, likes this masterpiece. you all have to grow as a person and as a true music lover.

joaoricardo said:
i am sorry to say to you all but you are so imature (even stupids)
i do not care if the album sell a lot or not if people like it or not if critic make good reviews or not. i just care i love it, it's brilliant, it's my album, just mine and less people like it more mine it will be. i hope that just a few people like it, i think that is the mark of a true classic u2, because they are about crossing frontiers and in a world so mainstream, i do not want that who likes madona, britney,and the stupid e weak english scene, likes this masterpiece. you all have to grow as a person and as a true music lover.

How do you really feel though? Don't hold back, baby!

Back
Top Bottom