HTDAAB Re-evaluation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
doubleU said:

One album doesn't seem like much of a "refusal".

Well, the album was originally supposed to be a loud angry rocking affair with a guitarist sick of seeing Bono with dodgy politicians and punk rock from venus and all that hoopla. But instead we got ATYCLB part two. So I think it's justifiable to use the word refusal. As in they refused to follow through with their original plan and instead gave us the BOMB.

ozeeko said:

Well, the album was originally supposed to be a loud angry rocking affair with a guitarist sick of seeing Bono with dodgy politicians and punk rock from venus and all that hoopla. But instead we got ATYCLB part two. So I think it's justifiable to use the word refusal. As in they refused to follow through with their original plan and instead gave us the BOMB.

We all know not to believe Bono.:wink:

ozeeko said:

They were widely quoted as saying they got totally bored with riffamania as it simply didn't sustain them as a band. I wouldn't call that a refusal.

threads like these make me hate forums who don't ban quoting the post DIRECTLY ABOVE. :wink:

roy said:

They were widely quoted as saying they got totally bored with riffamania as it simply didn't sustain them as a band. I wouldn't call that a refusal.

Maybe my definition of refusal differs from ure definition of refusal, but needless to say I refuse to talk about the word refusal any longer. Okay! Now let us all analyze the word "riffamania."

U2girl said:
I wouldn't call it a third masterpiece (I think War comes closest to that), I rank it at no.4.

I think it's consistent, more than any other post AB U2 album. What I missed this time (and other post AB albums) was the focus, concentration that their best work has (JT, AB, War).

War a masterpiece ????? surely you jest !!!!!!

I love Bomb, I can listen to it all the way through which is not something very common these days, I've listed it as #3 since it came out behind AB and JT obviously, what really keeps it from that plateau is that there is no flow from song to song as those albums had, but the songs themselves are brilliant, it took me a while to get into some of the songs but now I love all of them. Immeadiate favorites were: Miracle Drug, Sometimes, and Yahweh, and have developed a love for each of them since.

Even Bomb's B-sides are good songs, like "Are You Gonna Wait Forever"

That said, I'd like to see an album full of the energy that Fast Cars brings to the table.

Back
Top Bottom