HTDAAB Questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not really, no. It doesn't sound anything like those.
Surely you know songs like Mysterious Ways, Even Better Than The Real Thing & One though? No two songs on Achtung Baby really sound the same, but it has an amazing flow, and tells a complete story of the dishonest heart. Make sure you give you Best of 80-90 album a listen through from start to finish first, before you listen to a note from Achtung Baby. Then straight after the end of All I Want Is You, slip in Achtung and you'll get the full effect of the opening of Zoo Station and get some idea of what a punch in the face that album was following on after U2's 80's. Make sure you listen to it through headphones in the dark. Make sure you give us your track by track review the next day.

p.s If you are of age, make sure you've polished off a bottle of red wine by the time Love Is Blindness comes around.

Earnie Shavers said:
Not really, no. It doesn't sound anything like those.
Surely you know songs like Mysterious Ways, Even Better Than The Real Thing & One though? No two songs on Achtung Baby really sound the same, but it has an amazing flow, and tells a complete story of the dishonest heart. Make sure you give you Best of 80-90 album a listen through from start to finish first, before you listen to a note from Achtung Baby. Then straight after the end of All I Want Is You, slip in Achtung and you'll get the full effect of the opening of Zoo Station and get some idea of what a punch in the face that album was following on after U2's 80's. Make sure you listen to it through headphones in the dark. Make sure you give us your track by track review the next day.

p.s If you are of age, make sure you've polished off a bottle of red wine by the time Love Is Blindness comes around.

Nah, I'm only 15. Maybe I should hold off buying Achtung Baby till I'm 18! :wink: Then again, I think i will be banned from the forum I if do that! :D

Don't worry, check the EYKIW forum within the next three days and I promise you there will be a FULL review of Achtung Baby.

Back
Top Bottom