HTDAAB live: which will soar, which will sink?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

karl

The Fly
three questions:

1. Which songs will end up as among the best live U2 songs, songs that will be considered staples (i.e. WTSHNN) for tours to come?

2. Which songs will get dropped early and never be heard from again (i.e. IGWSHA)?

3. Which song(s) will grow the most from the studio to the live setting (i.e. Please)?

karl

vertigo, definitely a staple.

as much as i hate this, i feel one step closer may disappear.

cobl will be awesome live

Last edited:
COBL will be a staple. they just know it's a great song!

i'd love to see Yahweh get dropped as i hate it but that won't happen. i can't see AMAAW lasting too long.

i think a big raw live version of LAPOE will blow us away

City of Blinding Lights already soars. But live, this song will be utterly amazing. I have no doubt of that. We already know Miracle Drug and Sometimes... sound great live too.

As for which songs will sink? Probably Yahweh, and A Man and a Woman. I can see those getting played live, but not for long.

Already I think Sometimes... is a live classic. City of blinding lights could be up there too.

Vertigo, All because of you, Miracle Drug are very good.

As for others, Original... if they can Edge to play that ringing guitar in the chorus, could be beautiful live.

Love and peace or else and Crumbs could benefit the most live IMO.

As for sinking, possibly A man and a woman and Yahweh. I'm not sure One step closer will be played.

love and peace or else and yahweh will be monsters live.

a man and a woman, despite being a great song, will probably not be played live.

1. Which songs will end up as among the best live U2 songs, songs that will be considered staples (i.e. WTSHNN) for tours to come?

Yahweh, City of bilinding lights, Vertigo, Sometimes,

2. Which songs will get dropped early and never be heard from again (i.e. IGWSHA)?
I hope...
All because of you

hope not:
One step closer
A Man and a Woman

3. Which song(s) will grow the most from the studio to the live setting (i.e. Please)?

Yahweh, Love and peace, Sometimes, Crumbs, maybe even Original of species...

karl said:
three questions:

Sometimes..., Miracle Drug, COBL, ABOY

Crumbs...(this is one of U2's weakest ever songs), A Man and a Woman

Love and Peace or else, Original of the species

karl

Swim
Vertigo
Miracle Drug
Sometimes
Love And Peace
City
All Because Of You
Yahweh

Sink
A Man And A Woman
Crumbs
One Step Closer

Too close to call
Original Of The Species

-----------------------------------------

Songs that will eventually be added into medleys
One Step Closer
Yahweh

Staples:
City Of Blinding Lights
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
Miracle Drug
Vertigo - At least for this tour.
All Because Of You

Droped Early:
Umm...all I could really place here is A Man And A Women......I dont think it will be droped early....I just think it won't be played as much as the other stuff.

Songs To Grow:
Crumbs
Love And Peace Or Else - I can't wait to hear that solo live
Orginal Of The Species

Unsure On:
Yahweh
One Step Closer

Love And Peace Or Else will become the noughties Bullet The Blue Sky. It has so much room to grow live beyond the constraints of the album.

Last edited:
I believe Yahweh will close everyshow much like a 'walk on' song. Yahweh is the perfect ending song. It just leaves you so warm inside.

Best Live:
Vertigo
Miracle Drug
Sometimes
ABOY

Dropped:
One Step....good song once in a while, but gets boring.
AMAAW...I like the song...but live?

Grow:
Crumbs
Yaweh
LAPOE

Others i'm iffy on

karl said:
three questions:

karl

1. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own... the "sinnnnnnnng" part is as goosebump worthy as any moment in any other u2 song.

Vertigo & All Because of You have a raw power that translates very well to a live setting. They rocked @ Brooklyn.

City of Blinding Lights... we'll come back to this one.

2. Love & Peace or Else... will sink like the Titanic. Tough arangement... NOT anything like Bullet The Blue Sky and I'm still trying to figure out how people see that those two songs are anything alike. Bullet is as dark a song as U2 have ever done. That's why it plays so well in a live setting. How anyone can say the same about Love & Peace or Else... which I admit has grown on me (I hated it at first)... is beyond me.

3. The song that absolutely... 100%... will grow the most from the CD to the tour is City of Blinding Lights. When I heard them play it at the Brooklyn Bridge show, it was simply amazing. The emphasis on the CD in the opening parts of the song seem to be on the xylophone with Edge's guitar backing it up. When they played it live, all the emphasis was on the Edge's guitar... and it was very :drool: It's a great transition piece... a song to plug in between a slower song... i.e. all i want is you... and the apex of all things live U2... Where The Streets Have No Name. I can't wait to hear it again.

One Step Closer = Sink.

All it deserves in my opinion unless they change it DRASTICALLY.

I hope CFYT will sink, because I don't link the studio version (but maybe I'll change my opinion after opening night :wink: )
COBL will become one of the highlights of the shows (like Streets) and Vertigo will be a fine opener (like Elevation) followed by ABOY.
I would like to see AMAAW survive the tour in acoustic set :drool:

karl said:
three questions:

Sometimes
CoBL
Miracle Drug
All Because of You

I think "Vertigo" will be excellent live, but will be retired after this tour.

Man & Woman
One Step Closer

Only because a couple of the 11 songs have to fit in this category.

Miracle Drug
CoBL
Crumbs
Original of the Species
Yahweh

I'm not sure about Love & Peace. It will either follow Headache's prediction - or totally surprise us and become a new staple. I can see both senerios happening.

1. Vertigo, City Of Blinding Lights

2. Miracle Drug, Love And Peace Or Else

3. City Of Blinding Lights, Original Of The Species, Crumbs From Your Table

Canadiens1160 said:
Swim
Vertigo
Miracle Drug
Sometimes
Love And Peace
City
All Because Of You
Yahweh

Sink
A Man And A Woman
Crumbs
One Step Closer

Too close to call
Original Of The Species

-----------------------------------------

Songs that will eventually be added into medleys
One Step Closer
Yahweh

You're wright!!!!
A man and a woman will not sink as much as Crumbs and OOS, still there will be few live versions of it

miss becky said:

As for which songs will sink? Probably Yahweh, and A Man and a Woman. I can see those getting played live, but not for long.

Depends if they use Yahweh as their final song or not, if so, then like Walk on, it will appear throughout the tour.

Back
Top Bottom