HTDAAB favorite tracks, then and now

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DPrinceNY

War Child
When I first hear HTDAAB my favorite track was All Because of You. I had previously heard Bono talking how the new album was gonna be a lot of rock (which turned out to be untrue) but when I heard that guitar riff at then end of ABOY i was hooked.

A couple of weeks later I had a new favorite track, it was COBL. This track didnt catch my interest at first but all of a sudden became the best track on the album for me after 2 weeks of listening to the album

As of now I regard Sometimes as being the best track on the album. It is truly suporb and a real balled. Mircale Drug has also become a favorite, all though not the best, after hating it on my first listen.

Do everyone go through these drastic ups and downs of favorite tracks or is it just me? U2 has a thing for creating music that grows on you. ...maybe thats their secret for sucess...

At first my favorite track was Vertigo (of course), then it was Love and Peace or Else, then COBL, and now it has settled onto OOTS.

COBL at first. Rocking out.

Now, it's A Man and A Woman. It took me a while to understand the song. Recent life circumstances have helped with that.

At first it was Crumbs, and now it's Crumbs.

As for songs that grew on me, City of Blinding Lights, which I liked then but now love. One Step Closer is another song that, for some reason, has really grown on me. It's subtle.

Originally, it was Miracle Drug and Original of the Species.
These days, it's One Step Closer and City of Blinding Lights.

Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own was my first favourite. Now it's a tie between COBL and A Man and A Woman.

at first it was oots, now it's oots and maybe also yahweh, followed closely by sycmioyo and amaaw definitely the four best tracks

Miracle Drug was my favorite when i first heard the songs.
It is still my favorite......

I regarded LAPOE and SYCMIOYO as the best songs then and now..although Vertigo was mid-placed on my list back then, now its in 3rd place..City Of Blinding Lights is still the most overrated track to me.

Vertigo was, Vertigo is. Was feeling vertigo, now feeling vertigo! I think I am now feeling sick! lol! :huh: ;)

At first, my favourite tracks were:
Vertigo
City of blinding lights
All because of you

Now, they are:
Sometimes you can't make it on your own
Love and peace or else
Original of the species
A man and a woman (!!!) - hated it at first, but its really grown on me now and I love it.

Although Im starting to like "Crumbs from your table" and "Fast Cars" a lot more than I did at first too (I liked them at first anyway, but I enjoy them much more now).

Still enjoy the tracks on HTDAAB that I liked instantly though, in fact I love the entire album apart from "One Step Closer" (which is by no means bad, but doesn't compare with the rest of the songs on the album for me).

My favorite track now is Crumbs From Your Table. Not sure what my favorite was when it first came out (probably either Vertigo or City of Blinding Lights), but Crumbs took quite a long time to grow on me.

I must have been on the bad crack - it's an amazing song!

Then
I didn't really LOVE any of the songs at first - After my first listening, I just thought ":shrug: Well, that was alright."
In the following weeks though I liked
Vertigo
OOTS -- I ruined this song for myself for a long time when I found out it was about Edge's daughter. It just lost all meaning for me. I'm slowly getting back on it now.

Now
Crumbs
One Step Closer

Sometimes, Original and One step closer at first.

Now City of blinding lights grew on me and is tied with One step closer in my top 3 of this album.

Fell in love with OOTS when the album first came out.

After about a week of not getting Sometimes, it grew on me and became my favourite.

Considered COBL to be over rated pish.

Thought Vertigo was going in direction that the band shouldn't, too much pop.

Love and Peace sounded awesome took me back to Achtung

Man and Woman was one of the worst singles I heard

Miracle drug was good but not as good as lot of people thought.

The rest was all just somewhere in between.

Now I think COBL is probably the best track on the album.

Vertigo just rocks so much live that I can't help but love it every time I hear it now. It takes me back to dublin and just jumping up and down with my mates.

Still think Miracle drug is only ok. Still think Man and Woman is dire.

And just think I over rated Love and Peace, it's ok, but not that great.

Sometimes was my favourite track both from the album and by U2 for a long time, but it's gone to overkill for me now, and the live version just doesn't get near the album version.

And funilly enough I haven't listened to OOTS in a long long time.

Oh and fast cars is fupping brilliant.

at first i didnt like city of blinding lights and i thought it was pretty overrated.

now its one of my favorite songs by them ever.

Then: COBL, Fast Cars

Now: Crumbs, A Man and A Women and still Fast Cars

Im also starting to like Vertigo a lot more now, than I did when I first heard it, HOLA

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom