HTDAAB Booklet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Leda

Babyface
i'm just wondering does anyone know who did what in the book that came with the dvd and cd??? Like the artwork the writings etc... i can hardly even read the writing especially when it goes around in circles...:huh:

Umm... the writing is Bono's own hand & I believe the artwork is Larry's. Our boy B never has been known for his exceptional penmanship -- and now you see why. :wink:

It says in the front of the book (or maybe the back...it's hard to tell) who did what. From memory, Edge did all the technical stuff. Larry did the paintings of the doors. Adam did the collage of photographs. Bono did the drawings and handwritten material.

Not only have I still not gone through that whole book...but I still haven't watched the DVD. :reject: It's been so long now that I think I'm gonna save it as a treat for the next time I'm really sick or depressed or something.

Edge did the word mazes, that I remember.

It says somewhere on U2.com about who did what... can't think exactly where it was, somewhere about the new album (obviously).

ive only just realised that the lyrics to 'mercy', appear in the book.
strange to put them in, as the song is not on the album.

I hadn't noticed that either... I'll have to check it out when I'm next home. I guess it's because Mercy was pulled from the record at quite a late stage. Perhaps the booklet had already been completed and sent to the printers at that stage?

:heart:

book13.JPG

Ok I do remember that page now. I haven't seen the booklet for a couple of months and I only heard Mercy less than a week ago :reject:

When I read it I just thought "Isn't that a nice bit of poetry", but now, it makes sense :)

Thinking about it, isn't that a great little book? What a brilliant idea!

Books are cool.

They tricked me into buying an extra copy of HTDAAB. :wink:

Well, if you remember the cover to Zooropa, words from the title of Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me, If You Wear That Velvet Dress, Wake Up Dead Man (and one other I can't remember right now) appear.

So that means maybe Mercy will be on the next album in 2006. *crosses fingers*

the tourist said:
So that means maybe Mercy will be on the next album in 2006. *crosses fingers*

Are you crossing fingers about the new album in 2006, or about Mercy being on the album?

I don't think either are very likely scenarios. Mercy will probably remain a "lost" classic for U2 fans, and there won't be a new album until at least 2007.

Back
Top Bottom