HTDAAB Awards

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

namkcuR

ONE love, blood, life
I'm just wondering how many of you would be interested in having some fun with a HTDAAB Awards game....basically the idea is, I(with help from any of you if anyone has ideas) will come up with anywhere between 5 and 10 categories for HTDAAB awards(ex. 'Best Song', 'Most Overrated Song', 'Most Underrated Song', 'Song That Will Improve The Most When Played Live', etc), and then you will vote on them....but NOT by posting, but by e-mailing your votes to one of my e-mail addresses(not my normal one, another one, I'll post it later if there's enough interest in this idea). The reason for voting that way is to make the results a surprise. For this vote, you will name the top 3 songs on the record in your opinion that meet a category's criteria. I'll set a deadline, and then when that's reached, I'll tally the votes, and the top three vote-getters in each category will be our nominees. We'll then have another round of voting in which you e-mail me your votes, just one vote per category this time, and it has to be one of the three nominees decided on in the previous round. When the deadline for that vote is reached, I'll tally all the votes and I'll announce the winners here in WTAHAN.

For example:

Category: Best Song

Round 1 voting, you e-mail me:

COBL
LAPOE
OOTS

And when I tally I'll count that as one vote for each of those three songs. Then top three vote getters for each category are the nominees you will choose from in the second round.

So, anyone interested? Be honest. If you're not, it's ok.

Last edited:
should we suggest topics?

best song
worst song
best song vocal
best Edge song
best lyrics

I wouldnt do any more than 5 or 6 categories, it might get too congested, but you could come up with probably 10 good categories.

Ok, I'll start another thread when I'm ready to start, and in it I'll list a brief recap of the rules, the categories to be voted on, and the e-mail address to send your votes to. I'll start the thread in a little while.

Back
Top Bottom