HTDAAB album price

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DPrinceNY

War Child
I was just curious as to why the new album is priced so CHEAP. Its going for 10.99 at Amazon. I am definitely not complaining, the cheaper the better, but compared to all the other new album being released this year HTDAAB is very cheap, just curious at to why.

I hope U2 isnt doing this to prepare us for their expensive tour tickets...

Record industry in general has been trying to cut back on album prices. But this is Amazon, and Amazon tends to cut back prices initially anyway

Plus, I think they expect to make a lot of collector edition sales. It's already sold out on AMazon.

It's not just Amazon...the list price ($13.99) is definitely less than what ATYCLB was (I think it was $18.99 but I might be off a couple of bucks). CD prices are coming down somewhat, especially rock ones. Probably to counteract the effect of internet downloading. :wink:

It seems like sometimes CDs/movies/etc. are cheaper right when they are released, then they go up over time...maybe a deal to get people to buy things right away.

I know I've seen several DVDs at around 16.99 price when they came out and a month or two later they are 22.99 or so.

Back
Top Bottom