How Will I Survive

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lancemc

Blue Crack Addict
I, being in the minority here in Interference, am not going to listen to the leak, and am also not going to listne when it streams on NME. So there is a problem. How am I going to survive the next two weeks! The more I read about the album here in Interference the faster my blood pumps. I think if I am going to make it all the way I am going to have to stay away from Interference until Nov 23. If anyone else has tips for me and others here who are tryign to abstain from the leaks leave them here. I feel I need some support to make it through.:sad:

Man, I lasted about an hour. No one could give me a good enough argument to wait. It was worth it to me. :yes:

Since 3 months ago I did to myself a promise: not listen to it before the release date, promise that I forgot totally yesterday :lol:

Listen to it, isn't the end of the world...

I've decided not to listen it. But I'm also on dial-up so it would probably take some two weeks to get all the songs anyway :lol:

Listen to the live stuff at U2exit.com, that's what I've been doing. Or go on a U2 ban and listen to some other bands! They do exist! I've been listening to the Killers and Franz Ferdinand and even some old Modest Mouse, great stuff there. I've even pulled out some old Beatles stuff, believe it or not! It's really not that hard to wait a few more weeks, if you think about it. Wasn't it only yesterday that we were saying "65 Days to Go!"? (U2exit really is cool, I'm listening to the Elevation concert in my hometown of Atlanta that I unfortunately missed right now!)

Just a hint, though---if you want to read the posts, try to read and take into consideration some of the negative posts, not just all the overwhelming initial ass-kissing. It's better to have realistic expectations and be pleasantly surprised than to have unrealistically high expectations and feel let down.

:)

Lancemc - I'm with you on this one.:yes:

I guess my concern is that we don't know the origin of the leak and whether U2 agreed to it or not.

For me to do something that I think might be against U2's wishes for their music, would really bother me.

So until I hear that they think that the leak is OK, then I will not listen to the half of the album that I haven't heard yet.:up:

It will give me something new to look forward to.

ALL BECAUSE OF YOU....:adam: :larry: :edge: :bono: :hug:

I wasn't going to download any songs.

For about a minute anyway, then I got MD and thought one won't do any harm. Then I thought I'll download half of the songs. After that I just downloaded the lot.

My point is I've pre ordered the album from Amazon so I'm paying for the music. No harm done.

I actually think the band is probably sleeping better now that the album leaked and the response of U2 fans has been overwhelmingly positive.

The 22/23 release date was probably more of a magical date set by the record company than by the the band. 14 less days of worry for them of what the reaction would be.

In the end I don't think album sales will somehow be destroyed by this.

I don't see why anyone would willingly subject themselves to the pain of waiting. There's nothing in a date anyway, as pointed out above by ramblin rose.

actually it is something with that date, because i have set my mind on getting the album and listening to it for the first time then. i like the anticipation... it's not killing me to wait a little longer.

yeah, i must say it's not really KILLING me to wait. It's just that it is still overwhelmingly exciting. I'm still going to hold out though. I'm gonna check out u2exit.com some more I think thanks to VertigoGal's reccomendation and listen to alot of other artists the next couple weeks. I just picked up the new Nick Cave and Elvis Costello cd's today, So still get to check them out for a while. :)

What is so wonderful about being the LAST person on planet earth to hear the new U2 album? Somebody please explain the virtue of this to me...

What's makes waiting so worth it...having a CD booklet with pictures of the band?? If you need pictures of the band, print some out from online...hold a another CD case in your hand and pretend it's U2's and LISTEN. I guarantee the music is good enough to not have to be accompanied by a CD booklet for maximum enjoyment.

VertigoGal said:
Just a hint, though---if you want to read the posts, try to read and take into consideration some of the negative posts, not just all the overwhelming initial ass-kissing. It's better to have realistic expectations and be pleasantly surprised than to have unrealistically high expectations and feel let down.

Yeah, I've been reading the posts and am afraid the greatness of the new album is being overblown. Trying to keep expectations within reason.

Probably by the time of the official release, everyone here will have come back to earth.

Back
Top Bottom