How was 2001 for you?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zoomerang II

War Child
For me - highs and lows as always, I travelled, work was tough and consumming, sometimes i felt a little lost, i look older, the world has changed and women still make no sense to me at all, but all up, i'll look back on it as one of my best.

Not forgetting I had the privelege of seeing my band in different countries and in their own back yard, and meeting some remarkable people in the process.

Hope 2002 is a happy time for you all.

It was a great year, indeed.

And it's going to be even better in 2002.

------------------
In the beginning, the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry, and been widely regarded as a bad move.
--Douglas Adams (The Restaurant at the End of the Universe)

It's been the best year of my life, but also the worst in some ways.

Up to sept 2nd it was the best year ever. I discovered U2, got much better exam results than I expected, had 2 great vacations, saw U2 twice(once at Slane). It was great!

But this Autumn/Fall has been pretty rough. There was sept 11, my Grandpa got ill and had to have an operation, my 2nd favorite band broke up, and there's some other stuff I'd rather not say.

But it's getting better again now, and Christmas seems like it's going to be great.

So overall, a mixed year for me. It really has been both the best and the worst.!

definitely mixed. its had its good and its bad.

there is definitely Sept. 11 which has had a deep effect on me but there also was U2 at Madison Square Garden reminding alot of us New Yorkers what it was like to live life and have fun.

Ditto.
It couldnt have been much worse.

The only really good things? Meeting U2 and Dallas, and finding this place. Thats it.
frown.gif

------------------
Look...look what you've done to me...You've made me poor and infamous, and I thank you...

My name is MISS MACPHISTO...I'm tired and i want to go HOME...

"Well you tell...Bonovista,that i said hello and that my codename is Belleview" - Bono before opening night of Anaheim Elevation concert

It was a pretty good year for me. The last few weeks have been very trying, and I've been single all but 3 months this year, but other than all of that it was a pretty good time.

------------------
"I sometimes get the odd twinge that I wouldn't mind playing lead guitar, just like a couple of notes, but that's about as near as I would want to get to the front." -Larry

All in all? Probably the worst year of my life. But it was a growing year. I feel I learned as much in 2001 as I learned in 10 years prior, so I suppose there is something to be said for that.

Well, I turned 19.
I got engaged.
I saw U2.
I got a pet mouse.

Not a bad year.

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

In many ways, it was one of the best years of my life. I turned 21, went overseas, found my first full-time job which I love enormously. It was also the first year I've spent as a full-on U2 addict, and I even got to see my favourite band live when I was in America. But it was also a year in which my parents divorced after 21 years of marriage, and the year in which one of my friends back in Russia died tragically.

2001 is turning out ok for me but there were some pretty tough times......

Never in a million years would I have predicted a year ago I would be where I am now......in a good and bad way
smile.gif

------------------
Live As If You'll Die Tomorrow, Dream As If You'll Live Forever!

It's been the best of times...

It's been the worst of times...

Highs:
Grad school
U2
Writing/recording my music
My fraternity's new chapter house
Made some great new friends
Interference

Lows:
My family
Sept. 11
Being away from my close friends

Overall, the highs were more than the lows I guess. 2002 should be a better year I think...

Without a doubt, the hardest year of my life. Way too many lows to even begin talking about. I hope and pray next year is better for me.

------------------
I hit an iceberg in my life
You know I'm still afloat
You lose your balance, lose your wife
In the queue for the lifeboat

"New York" U2

Circusmstantially, alot of bad things happend this year for me. I have been out of work for four months now and it is the first time that has ever happend to me in my 34 years. The 9/11 thing happend, someone very close to me went through a very bad time and I rode the ride with him.

But the way I determine was it good or bad was by how I feel.

And the weird thing is, I feel fine! Kind of Its the end of the world as we know it and I feel fine but without the irony.

I really do feel a-ok. Even joyous at times.

I think seeing U2 six times this year and Exit twice has helped. That was the best thing, and getting Bono to sign a picture of me and him was the highlight of the year.

Speaking of Exit, I need to hit the road to Santa Monica now to see them again. They really are the next best thing after U2!!!

Mine has been very mixed.
I think any year after the one I had last year can always be better.
The beginning was great, I felt happy after some time of feeling very low.
The middle became very exciting because I got to travel to Europe to see my fave band and saw the 3 times, including Slane Castle. That part was brilliant.
In the last few months things havent been the best but I have a lot.
Ive learnt a lot about myself in the past year, Ive made some wonderful new friends, Ive known love, and Ive spent precious moments.
Precious moments I wont ever forget.
Thanks CWS

This year has been very trying at times, but also very rewarding. On the trying side, I worked my ass off towards the end of my college days, graduated, tried my luck at a very long distance relationship (Oklahoma to Canada) and had to suffer the pain of breaking it off myself (a first), moved away from my parents to California, and then struggled for about 3 months with a job hunt.

On the rewarding side, I graduated college and gave a senior piano recital that is one of my proudest achievements in my relatively brief life. I decided that my life needed a change and I actually followed up on that decision by moving out here. I finally got to see my best friend of 10 years after 4 years of occasional emails and even rarer phone calls, and in the last couple months I've seen our friendship strengthen and grow in incredible ways, and as we both realized that something more was going on and went with it, I found myself happier and more truly content than I've ever been before. That in itself makes up for any bad times I've had this year.
smile.gif

2001 has been the year I have grown the most and that is always a good thing. So much stuff happened this year, I can't believe it. I feel about 10 times older than I actually am. And I've gotten much of my life in order. Been able to figure out where I want to go in the coming months and also been able to accept the fact that I can change my mind. I'm not locked into anything cause everything can change in a split second.

It's been a good year.

------------------
One love, one life...
Give peace a chance!
Don't let the bastards grind you down!

Bono: I don't walk, I swagger! I sashayed once, but just once. It wasn't for me.

lots of ups and downs for me this year:

Highs:
Becoming reaquainted with, and falling in love with U2 again after 14 years!! Yay!

Seeing U2 live, bar none. The best time I've had in years, seeing them in Vegas, LA3 and Dallas, and meeting so many wonderful people in the process!

Our family acquired a new neice, adopted by my brother and SIL. Will finally get to see her next week over the holidays.

Lows:
Was laid off from my job after 10 years at the same company.

One of my great aunts passed away.

Didn't lose the weight/improve myself as much as I'd planned to at the beginning of the year!
mad.gif
Only have myself to blame for that one....

of course, there's always 2002 to start again!!
biggrin.gif

This year has been incredible for me. I turned 18, saw U2 4 times, got the chance to dance with Bono, met lots of great people, switched schools and am very happy with the switch, got a job that I really am loving, got a new 2 door Honda Civic in red which I am also loving... it really has been a great year and I wouldn't change much about it. I would dare say the greatest year of my life so far.

Its been like going to boring classes 4 days a week then going out and getting really drunk on the weekends...

Now the classes have stopped, so its like going out and mid week as well...

Personally it was a difficult year but I'm glad to read others I great ones. That gives me hope.

Here's to everyone having their best times in '02!

------------------
~ME THREE

Don't get sentimental
It always ends up drivel

2001 was unimaginably difficult for me due to bereavement, and earlier in the year someone who I used to consider a friend making my life hell when I needed my friends the most. But there is absolutely no way next year (or any year) can be worse - I've had my lifetime's bad luck already!
smile.gif

I was VERY lucky to have Bono sing to me and kiss my hand though, and I'm lucky to have friends who had stuck by me no matter what.(I'd thank them but they wouldn't be seen dead here
wink.gif
)

Just looking forward to a new start in 2002! Even if it's a very hungover one...

this year I've learned how easy it can be to love and care

it made this a great year

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

Back
Top Bottom