How To Dismantle The Ridiculous Length Of An Album Title

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

How long will the next album title be?

• One sweet-ass word

Votes: 38 30.2%
  • Two to three poignant words

Votes: 47 37.3%
  • Four to five words

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • We're getting a friggin' book!

Votes: 31 24.6%

• Total voters
I have a feeling it will be short and sweet--I remember Bono acknowledged the ridiculously long album titles in a Grammy interview that was posted a while back--perhaps he's realized the value of brevity? :hmm: I went with "one sweet-ass word."

since Pop was so cool, maybe it should be Pop... spelled backwards!!

:happy:

I just hope it isn't "Freedom" or "Peace" or something equally lame.

LAMB822c.gif

After the last two long ones, they'll keep the next one to 2-3 words.

clifedge said:
After the last two long ones, they'll keep the next one to 2-3 words.

I agree. This is the third installment in the 2000's trillogy so it should be 6 words long or there about.

A few draft titles for the next album:

U2: Two Eggs And A Cup Of Flower : How To Bake A Cake
U2: Why Do We Still Have this Guy making our album titles?
U2: In The Begining God Created The Heavens and The Earth....
U2: With Your Face Pushed Up Against The Glass
U2: Dublin Idiot
U2: Lets See Coldplay Try To Sound Like Us Now
U2: The Reason Why It Took Us So Long To Release This New Album Is Because Bono Couldnt Think Of A Title.

Seriously though, The last album should be called "Man" (Starting with Boy ending with Man), or "The End Of The World" or something....

One sweet-ass word. And that word should be...

Honorificabilitudinitatibus

(Which appears in Shakespeare's Love's Labour's Lost, and which has been cited as [dubious] evidence that Francis Bacon wrote Shakespeare's plays)

For a better explanation, go to shakespeare.about.com/blhonorif.htm

Last edited:
bono_man2002 said:
A few draft titles for the next album:

U2: In The Begining God Created The Heavens and The Earth....
U2: Dublin Idiot
U2: Lets See Coldplay Try To Sound Like Us Now
U2: The Reason Why It Took Us So Long To Release This New Album Is Because Bono Couldnt Think Of A Title.

Seriously though, The last album should be called "Man" (Starting with Boy ending with Man), or "The End Of The World" or something....

I had a thread discussing it being called Man, and most people thought the idea was cheesy. I reckon it's great.

Ps I left my fav titles in.

I like the last one about Bono not thinking of a title.

Wouldn't you think it's about time the band came up with a title?

How about the original title of ACHTUNG BABY coming back around, and they call the new one ADAM? That wouldn't be to bad. It would be better than LARRY, anyway.

COBL_04 said:

I had a thread discussing it being called Man, and most people thought the idea was cheesy. I reckon it's great.

Ps I left my fav titles in.

I think its both a cheesy and a great Idea.

But in the end its just a title, and its the contents that is more important than the cover.

A better record would be "Longest title for an album to reach the Top 10"

I think the last album should be the obligatory self titled "U2".

I also think that the album title is more a function of the number of syllables in the title, rather than the number of words.

Eg.
The Unfogettable Fire = 7
The Joshua Tree = 5

A good balance between the two would be good. 3 sharp words would do it for me.

U2 - The New Album

Or a bunch of random numbers:

U2:09754039853!

And then we'd spend countless hours trying to find a secret message of some sort or figuring out if it's a Bible verse or Bono's cell phone number...I can see the new threads now...something along the lines of "Hey I figured it out!" or "OMG I talked to The Edge on the phone!!!!"

Bono'sTyee said:
Or a bunch of random numbers:

U2:09754039853!

And then we'd spend countless hours trying to find a secret message of some sort or figuring out if it's a Bible verse or Bono's cell phone number...I can see the new threads now...something along the lines of "Hey I figured it out!" or "OMG I talked to The Edge on the phone!!!!"

:lmao: yes, the new U2 album should just be Edge's cell phone number, no one would EVER figure that one out... :wink:

Back
Top Bottom