How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb singles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ValKnight007

The Fly
OK I've been so confused. I'm a big U2 fan, but I am losing track of what songs have been released as singles. Being in the USA, I know it is different than in the UK. I'M GOING CRAZY!!! This is what I am under the impression of:

Singles from HTDAAB in UK:

1. Vertigo
2. Sometimes You Can't Make it On Your Own
3. All Because of You
4. City of Blinding Lights
5. Original of the Species

Singles from HTDAAB in USA:

1. Vertigo
2. All Because of You
3. Sometimes You Can't Make it On Your Own

I have not heard All Because of You, City of Blinding Lights or Original of the Species on the radio at all....someone please clear this situation up for me. Tell me what their release dates are/were and if you can, where they were on the billboard. thanks.

OOTS wasn't released in the UK, and your order's slightly off. ABOY was after COBL.

this u.s only and u.k only is just messing and confusing everybody
DOnt know why doesnt U2 release worldwide singles and put the heavy promotion into it, a la vertigo for instance
for example, i think Original of the Species should be released worldwide, its such a wonderful song and with its amazing and touching video it should be a big hit
The same for Miracle Drug
There has been some mistakes being made after the first single in my impression:confused:

They seriously need to stop this different-singles-in-different-regions-at-different-times shit.

I don't listen to the radio much anyway, so I kind of like the many official (international) releases that I get to hear when they surface online.

radio is dead in America anyway.
and they are being paid off by huge labels like sony.
everything is moving to satellite radio and mp3.

i read an article that said "if you want to listen to music, buy an ipod"

but i do agree that they should promote their singles more. I still don't understand why COBL was the only song they didn't get behind (i.e. play on any tv appearances in the US)

not to mention that vertigo is the only one of all those singles available in the US iTunes Music store.

that's a huge mistake. I for one would have bought all these singles had they been released officially on iTunes, but instead i downloaded them for free.

typhoon said:
They seriously need to stop this different-singles-in-different-regions-at-different-times shit.

Along with the putting-extra-songs-on-different-regions'-albums deal, a la Fast Cars. What's the point of that?

Utoo said:

Along with the putting-extra-songs-on-different-regions'-albums deal, a la Fast Cars. What's the point of that?

Some country's cds are more expensive than others I think, so they add another song for more value

ValKnight007 said:

Singles from HTDAAB in UK:

1. Vertigo
2. Sometimes You Can't Make it On Your Own
3. All Because of You

Singles from HTDAAB in USA:

1. Vertigo
2. All Because of You
3. Sometimes You Can't Make it On Your Own