How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ZigZag

Acrobat
As reported by atu2.com

Domain name registrations are once again offering a possible clue about the name of U2's next studio album.

Following up on our recent report about three domains -- U2vertigo.com, .net, and .org -- that were registered by James Cooke of Dublin web firm Digital:CC, @U2 has discovered three additional domains that were registered back in February by the same James Cooke:

howtodismantleanatomicbomb.com
howtodismantleanatomicbomb.net
howtodismantleanatomicbomb.org

Only the .org domain specifically lists Cooke's name; the others have fake address information (Times Square, NY, 00000), but use the same dvibe.com domain in the contact information and are sourced from Joker.com, the same registration source on the U2vertigo domains.

The rest of the article being found here.

Last edited:
also from that article..........

"It may also be worth nothing that the three "atomic bomb" domains were registered on February 6th of this year, just days before Billboard reported that Steve Lillywhite had been asked to take over album production duties.

The three "U2vertigo" domains were registered June 22nd, as U2 was in the final two weeks of recording.

It's easy to speculate that "How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb" was one of the early names being considered, and that "Vertigo" may have replaced it as the recording sessions came to an end. But until the album name is announced, that remains nothing more than speculation."

Yes, but I remember the report when a British artist was asked about titles for the songs and one of the things he said was "how to dismantle an atomic bomb."

It would be a weird title for the album IMO, and too long. (apart from ATYCLB, U2 doesn't really use long album titles)

Maybe it will be "bomb", as in....it will blow everyone away? ;)

Hopefully it's what they've decided to rename Miracle Drug ...

Hrmm...
"Full Metal Jacket"..."How To Dismantle..." - all stir up images of war. In times like these, even though U2 are political, I have serious doubts on whether they'd have the word "bomb" in an album title. A song title, perhaps. :shrug:

"How to dismantle an atomic bomb" sounds like a great lead song for the album & Vertigo sounds like a good name for the coresponding tour.

Could the song "Seconds" make an appearance on the next tour?

How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb

what a fuckin' kick-ass album name!!! YEAH!

and I agree with HelloAngel about the images of war, though i never noticed it until now

Love and peace or else...perhaps also something related to war?

Skyhawk - reference to a war plane?

Last edited:
I like How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb way better than Vertigo, I love that for an album title, Vertigo is a good tour title though.

Yeesh.

I will bet you all $50 that neither Vertigo nor How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb will be the title of the album.

All 19,738 of you. So that equals a profit of $986,900 for me. :)

I don't think it's the real name either, but it does sound cool!

From the atu2.com article:
As Smith tells the story, Bono asked if he (Smith) knew how to dismantle an atomic bomb. Smith said "no," and Bono answered his own question: "Love. With love."

Hee!

U2girl said:
?

Skyhawk - reference to a war plane?

Naw - "Skyhawk..." is the name of a new Jude Law movie that U2 was rumored to be providing a song for the movie's soundtrack. This proved to be false.

How to...

I personally think it's a bad-assed title, but only for a single track, not an album or a tour!

I like vertigo for the tour, the album on the other hand I hope has a title that will blow us away, not make the listener think they are embarking on a self-help recording.

it would be much better if the album was called "How to make an Atomic Bomb".in the sleeve you would get pictures of the making procedure,as well with plutonium and uranium.so actually the accent would be on the wonderful A-bomb,and not on the songs.
that would be quite nice:|

You know, thinking back, U2's album cover art usually reflects the album title. Judging from the pool photos Corbijn took in Portugal, I don't see how "How to..." would fit as an album title (definitely a possibility for a single). "Vertigo" sounds more appropriate.

Hopefully someone will make some kind of official statement soon enough. :shrug:

Catman I like those pics of them in the pool and the blue color, I just hope they don't go with black and white like the rumours say. Enuff black and white, WE WANT COLOURS, lot's of 'em. :drool:

Just because they shot pictures in a pool doesn't mean its going to be pool-themed. I shoot pictures in a school and in my room and even in the bathroom. Many of them certainly aren't representations of where I shot them at. This should be the case for this particular photo shoot.

I prefer How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb big time

If they name Vertigo to this album, I'll not buy it (well... is lie, I will buy it anyway)

You need to flip the bomb upside down and the proceed to take off screws 1,2,3 and 6. Once you have done that open the tiny lid which will expose the wires. Take off wire 6 and 3 and switch them and do the same with wires 1 and 2. Once you do this cross your fingers and with one hand cover your face and then while peeking out from your hand push the big blue button labeled OFF and the hope to hell that it works.

p.s. i could be wrong about wires 3 and 6. :(

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom