How to dismantle an atomic bomb 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So Boy "Stupid" Boy I guess you must be a Euro sceptic?

Maybe you need to learn to appreciate other languages and cultures.

Er erkennt nicht, dass ein Hamster wesentlich zu diesem Faden war.

:wink:

ZeroDude said:

Er erkennt nicht, dass ein Hamster wesentlich zu diesem Faden war.

Er wird merken in was für einen Irrtum er hineingeht.....................alles nur eine Frage der Zeit, aber dann kann es leider zu spät sein.................

Last edited:
Auch aber selbstverständlich nicht denken Sie, den die Anzahl des Nickens Sie führt, haben aufgestellt ist ein wenig übermäßiges?

Der Wink smilie ist über benutzt.

I'm loving all the german in this thread!!! :love:

You see, Ich verstehe ein bisschen Deutsch :wink: and I've picked it up again to continue the lessons.

Ihr Betrügen, das ist schändlich Zoot Sie haben verraten unser Vertrauen, das Sie gefüllten Bastard hassen!

It's all good though.

ZeroDude said:
Ihr Betrügen, das ist schändlich Zoot Sie haben verraten unser Vertrauen, das Sie gefüllten Bastard hassen!

This is what I got as the translation...

You would amount to, that are infamously Zoot you have betray our confidence, which you hate filled hybrid

WTF! :lmao:

btw, I wasn't lying about the 'learning german' part. It's just that if I really really wanna know what something means and don't have the patience to wait till I learn it fully, then I look up the translation site. :wink:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Well now you know how inaccurate those sites are. :wink:

I did call you a bastard and a cheat though.

All in jest.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: How to dismantle an atomic bomb 2

roy said:

You originally asked "Why do you want people to be chased away? "

I think your questions were adequately answered by both MrBrau1 and myself. Why are you deliberately changing the subject?

Brilliant reply roy - and furthermore, the argument that Radiohead "continues to experiment" is horrendously false, IMO. Like Mr. Brau, I too have disliked Radiohead for a long time (a LOT longer than "Kid A") and yet gave them more chances buying more of their work. Sadly, I saw no "improvement" nor any real "experimentation". If there's any band that sounds the same, it's Radiohead.

I can understand how a person might not like the new U2. There are fans who don't really care for early U2, the UF-R&H era U2, the ZOO/Pop era of U2, so it makes sense that not everyone will care for the recent U2. But to come here and complain about it for 5 years is defintely obsessive. If this were any other situation, therapy would be recommended. For example, if you hated watching a certain TV show, would you still watch it for 5 years? If you hated a certain food, would you still eat it for 5 years? So if you dislike a band's sound, why are you still writing on their top fan-based website for 5 years?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: How to dismantle an atomic bomb 2

doctorwho said:

Brilliant reply roy - and furthermore, the argument that Radiohead "continues to experiment" is horrendously false, IMO. Like Mr. Brau, I too have disliked Radiohead for a long time (a LOT longer than "Kid A") and yet gave them more chances buying more of their work. Sadly, I saw no "improvement" nor any real "experimentation". If there's any band that sounds the same, it's Radiohead.

:down:

This only tells me that you haven't really 'listened' to Radiohead or given them a chance! They're changing with every album.

1. OK Computer had the progressive epics, Paranoid Android, Exit Music, Tourist etc.

2. Kid A had the beautiful chaos of National Anthem and In Limbo, not forgetting the other-worldly nature of How To Disappear and Motion Picture Soundtrack!

3. Amnesiac had the strings of Pyramid Song and You And Whose Army, not forgetting the rhythmic genius of I Might Be Wrong!

4. Hail had the rock n roll build-up of 2+2=5, the crazy zipping sound of Myxamatosis, the Beatlesque I Will and the tribal sounding There There.

So Radiohead is not just bleeps and bloops! :mad:

doctorwho said:

So if you dislike a band's sound, why are you still writing on their top fan-based website for 5 years?

Maybe cos those people like comparing it to their past work that they DO like! :shrug:

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: How to dismantle an atomic bomb 2

doctorwho said:

I can understand how a person might not like the new U2. There are fans who don't really care for early U2, the UF-R&H era U2, the ZOO/Pop era of U2, so it makes sense that not everyone will care for the recent U2. But to come here and complain about it for 5 years is defintely obsessive. If this were any other situation, therapy would be recommended. For example, if you hated watching a certain TV show, would you still watch it for 5 years? If you hated a certain food, would you still eat it for 5 years? So if you dislike a band's sound, why are you still writing on their top fan-based website for 5 years?

If you think The Bends sounds the same as OK Computer sounds the same as Kid A, you must not have ears. The only two albums that sound really similiar really (I don't have Pablo Honey or Hail yet) are Kid A and Amnesiac, but those came out of the same sessions and are only a year apart, and they still sound different. Amnesaic's a little more guitar (and piano!) driven, a little less...well...weird. And a little less brilliant :wink:

As for the second part, what Zoot said, basically. Though I think it depends. If all you're doing is complaining (like certain people here), I think that's pretty stupid. But if you're actually contributing intelligent discussion and talking positively about past work, that's perfectly fine. Even if you absolutely abhor the new U2 (which, hey, too bad for you), there's still 20 years of music to love and discuss.

Beide von Ihnen aus jetzt!!

Tanzen Sie mit mir Zoot und U2Man Tanz, wie Sie nie vor getanzt haben.

According to that website you said...

Both from you now!!

Dance with me to Zoot and U2Man dance, as you never danced forwards.

:hmm:

I said;

"Get out now both of you!"

"Dance with me Zoot and U2Man like you've never danced before."

Back
Top Bottom