how tall is bono

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

artinis1

The Fly
from nick,
i was in the heart for the chicago show
last night, simply amazing, does anyone
know how tall bono is, from that close
he seems to be a small man,
thanks and peace

His height seems to be a big mystery

I've heard everything from 5'6" to 5'8"

From my experience of the one and only time I was close to him and shook his hand-I'm 5'9 1/2" tall, and he seemed about 2 inches shorter than me-and he was wearing boots that had a lil' heel. So who knows for sure-I don't!

he seems about 5 ft 7in....pretty short guy but who cares right?
smile.gif

He was 3'11". You know the midget from the "All I want is you" video....that's Bono. Three straight years of hanging upside down produced the 5'6" Bono that we see today.

CK

------------------
MSG: I will give you 2 NJ1 GA's for 2 NY1 GCs or 2 NY1 $85!! Email or IM me. Help a desparate man out!!
Email:U2_Kennedy@yahoo.com
AIM: ckennedy77

Originally posted by nellie:
he seems about 5 ft 7in....pretty short guy but who cares right?
smile.gif

I think Nellie is right-bout 5'7"
Click on my photos beneath..Iam 6-4"and standing next to our friend.Its hard bcuz here wears those boots.

Diamond

------------------
"...The big guy is made of STEEL." - Bono as we stood together on stage at Boston #4, June 9th, 2001.

---
Click on the following
links for story and
pics re Boston 4:

http://www.arizonaautoweb.com/bono/

http://members.aol.com/diamondbruno9/

from nick,
thanks for the info
i never got a chance to meet him last
night, but being on 5'8" myself
i was curious if i could look mr. bono
in the eye
thanks and peace

Originally posted by artinis1:
being on 5'8" myself
i was curious if i could look mr. bono
in the eye

I'd say Bono is about 5'6" without shoes and 5'7" with shoes (he wears the big heels!) artinis I'm 5'8" exactly and from my experience on stage I can say that you'd have to look down on the guy.. which was surprising.. looking down on someone you look up to so much
smile.gif

Well, Im 16, and about 6ft. Bono, on stage, didnt really look to be small persay, but Ive had this discussion with skeek before, and I believe we agreed on something in the 5'6 to 5'8 range. What kinda caught me off guard, is his voice seemed a bit higher than the usual album versions and lives Ive got on my computer, but then again, this was my first show and Im not a great judge of what the norm is.

Originally posted by TheU2:
He was 3'11". You know the midget from the "All I want is you" video....that's Bono. Three straight years of hanging upside down produced the 5'6" Bono that we see today.

CK

LMAO!
biggrin.gif

Larry, Edge and Bono are all 5"6.

Originally posted by Arun V:
5'5...I stood next to him...I know.

Yep he's my same height, I remember noticing it Miami 2nd night I was standing right next to him as he made his way through the crowd after the Fly (oh the Fly, what good memories).

------------------
Tha Prickly Comedian

Originally posted by u2zed:
Just thought I should point out the "official" height that Bono has always insisted on is 5'8", but that seems like wishful thinking, or Bono with his biggest boots on.
wink.gif

You just have to know the conversion rate.
biggrin.gif
When trying to figure out a man's height you always need to subtract 2 inches from his "reported height". Bono reports his height as 5'8", that would convert to 5'6"
wink.gif

However, the conversion is a little more complicated with a reported height of 5'8", because all men under 5'8" report their height as "around 5'8" unless they are REALLY short, like under 5'. With the testimonies above I think the conversion rate is probably correct in this case and 5'5" or 5'6" is a safe bet
biggrin.gif

Same tall (small) as me. He is no small, it's okay. The whole band is on the same size.

------------------
"I'm the BIGGEST U2 fan in the WORLD!" - LeMon
"I know..." - Bono

Just thought I should point out the "official" height that Bono has always insisted on is 5'8", but that seems like wishful thinking, or Bono with his biggest boots on.
wink.gif

------------------
you've got the right shoes to get you through the night

Don't know what makes this question so fascinating, but -- here we are.

"snoggable" --
biggrin.gif

But when I calculate that height walking through my door, first thing I think is how easily

huggable

that great man is. *awwwwwww*

And one last thought: if it's true Edge and Larry are really the same height as Bono... how come he's the one who always gets called "short"??
(However, the long and lanky one, now THERE'S snoggable! So, how tall is Adam, exactly...? oh sorry, wrong forum...)

------------------
***Grace makes beauty out of ugly things***

the greatest frontman in the world -- by truecoloursfly: http://www.atu2.com/news/article.src?ID=1575

Back
Top Bottom