How Old Does Bono Look?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

How Old Does Bono Look?

Votes: 9 4.4%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 3 1.5%

Votes: 17 8.3%

Votes: 2 1.0%

Votes: 4 2.0%

Votes: 5 2.5%

Votes: 42 20.6%

Votes: 25 12.3%

Votes: 5 2.5%

Votes: 13 6.4%

Votes: 18 8.8%

Votes: 8 3.9%

Votes: 24 11.8%

Votes: 7 3.4%

Votes: 12 5.9%

• Total voters

Miggy D

War Child
I just read in the 'crazy family stories about U2' thread that someone's mom thought Bono looked 57 years old. This brings up an interesting fact: of all the friends and family I've talked to about this subject (I don't introduce the topic, it just comes up in conversation somehow, usually from one of them reading an article that lists Bono's age), ALL of them think Bono looks older than he actually is. I remember when ATYCLB came out, my mom was watching a recent U2 performance and said,

"How old is Bono?"
"40," I say.
"Wow, he looks about my age," she responds. (She was 48 at the time)
"Yeah, he does look a bit older, I guess."
"But the guitarist....The Edge, is he called? He looks really good for his age. He could pass for mid-thirties. In fact, all of the guys look younger than Bono. Edge looks the best, though." (I don't think she could see Larry behind the kit...that's my only guess!)

So here's the poll: Pretending you don't know his real age - If you had to guess Bono's age solely by looking at recent pictures and video of him, how old would you say he is?

-Miggy D

Well that's all subjective. Many women think Sean Connery is the cat's pajamas, but he's in his 70s! I think 'hottie no matter his age' doesn't need to be added because, well...if you think Bono's a hottie, you think he's a hottie, no matter how old he is/looks. So you could think Bono looks 50, or 40, or 20, and still think he's a hottie. You should start your own poll: "Is Bono a hottie?" and have a 'Yes' 'No' and 'Hell Yes!' option. :wink:

-Miggy

I love Bono and have always thought he looked good but I have to be honest he is looking older than his age these days imo. But I am a guy so what I say doesn't mean much to him I'm sure.

Miggy D said:
Well that's all subjective. Many women think Sean Connery is the cat's pajamas, but he's in his 70s! I think 'hottie no matter his age' doesn't need to be added because, well...if you think Bono's a hottie, you think he's a hottie, no matter how old he is/looks. So you could think Bono looks 50, or 40, or 20, and still think he's a hottie. You should start your own poll: "Is Bono a hottie?" and have a 'Yes' 'No' and 'Hell Yes!' option. :wink:

-Miggy

:p

yeah, I agree with what someone said in another thread, he has aged a lot the past few years.....still hot of course though

I don't think Bono looks old for his age, I just think all the other guys don't look their age...Well, except for Adam. He's always looked old to me. But he's looking good these days.

I mean how can you compete with The Edge who looks ten years younger and Larry...well, we all know that Larry is an alien species that lives for a thousand years. He's actually 580.

I just hope I look as good as those guys do when I'm in my early 40s.

Yeah it's kinda funny about Adam - from age 30-40 the guy didn't age a lick, because he always looked older than he actually was. It's paying off for him now because he still looks the same - old! But this in turn, actually makes him appear younger, because his appearance hasn't changed.

Edge looks really good for his age...but I think he dyes his beard a bit.

Bono and Larry definitely dye their hair. Larry looks great for his age....there is no argument there. But I can't believe someone thought Bono looks 39. That is a pity vote. I just can't see how that's possible. I know 39 and 40 year olds. They do not look like Bono at all.

-Miggy D

This may be commonly known, so hopefully someone will know. Has U2 ever been in to drugs? I assume they don't use them now, maybe I'm just being naive, but have they spoken about them in interviews?

indra said:
He'd look better if he didn't smoke. :wink:

lol. Thats what I wanted to write - Bono would look better if he stopped smoking, slowed down on the drinking and partying, and started sleeping.

But I didn't write that cause I'm polite. :|

I'm not sure if they have ever done drugs. I know Adam had a problem with alcoholism during the Zoo TV era, but he's clean and sober now. If the band did any drugs, they did them between 1990-94. That's my best bet. I'm sure at least one of them has done some sort of drug (and yes, I know alcohol is a drug, I just mean besides that).

-The Spectacular Miggy D

Yeah, he has more visible lines in his face now than my dad who is almost 51. Smoking will do that to you I guess.

I think Bono looks a bit older than his age. I think he would look younger if he dyed his hair back black, shaved and had some rest. I think the new hair color is not doing him any justice. I still find him attractive but the hair new color is making him look older.

Yeah I'm not a fan of the new hair color, or the new hair style. My favorite recent Bono hairstyle? The hair he had in the Beautiful Day video. But then he had to ruin it and grow it out to Elevation Tour shag. It looked really good in the BD video!

I'm not digging the slicked-back reddish thing he has goin on...it emphasizes his already high forehead, and makes him look older. And yes, he needs to shave daily.

-Miggy D

chicagopepper said:
This may be commonly known, so hopefully someone will know. Has U2 ever been in to drugs? I assume they don't use them now, maybe I'm just being naive, but have they spoken about them in interviews?

I know Adam enjoyed the Mexican gold leaf (pot) but I'm not sure if the other guys ever really got into it. Drink and smokes seem to be their vices of choice.

In "At the End of the World," Bono says he has never really been into the drug culture. There is a scene in Tokyo where he is offered heroin and / or sex. He chooses to sleep on the floor. I would like to hope they never got into any hard narcotics but I'm not sure.

I know a few musicians that started to make money with their craft and the drugs just seem to be part of their culture. And these are people with strong religious upbringings. Perhaps that heightens their interest in drugs.

Anybody know anything else about the subject? Sorry to continue the OT thread.

In Bono-looking-old related comments I'm also not digging the hair. I mean, what's with the hair. And I was watching the Staring at the Sun video the other day and that goatee was badass. Bring back the goatee!!!

Last edited:
Bono looks older and more worn out than my father, who is 55. :|

Miggy D said:
Yeah I'm not a fan of the new hair color, or the new hair style. My favorite recent Bono hairstyle? The hair he had in the Beautiful Day video. But then he had to ruin it and grow it out to Elevation Tour shag. It looked really good in the BD video!

I'm not digging the slicked-back reddish thing he has goin on...it emphasizes his already high forehead, and makes him look older. And yes, he needs to shave daily.

-Miggy D

I think he should let his hair flow like in the IPOD commercials. When he slicks it back with gel it doesn't look all that great. My favorite recent Bono haircut is the one he had in Stuck In A Moment (the European version). I don't mind him growing a little scruff but just a little. No matter what I will find him extremely sexy and talented.

Last edited:
beli said:

lol. Thats what I wanted to write - Bono would look better if he stopped smoking, slowed down on the drinking and partying, and started sleeping.

But I didn't write that cause I'm polite. :|

Haha! Not me! I'm not called KIABGOA on another board for nuttin'! :wink:

* [SIZE=1 ] KIABGOA = know it all bitch, goddess of antenna (antenna being a chatroom I frequent) [/SIZE]

Last edited:
I agree with Beli. We all have our days, but it seems we've gotten a lot of pics lately where he just looks tired. I think it's just the unshaven, disheveled, totally unkempt look he's been going with lately ~the 'rock star' look. A little shave and a hair cut could knock a coupla years off.
But he would still rock even if he looked like Gomer Pyle... (wouldn't he?):scratch:

U2dork said:
But he would still rock even if he looked like Gomer Pyle... (wouldn't he?):scratch:

Dear God! Now I'm gonna have weird, horrid dreams about Bono as Gomer Pyle! My eyes!! My eyes!!! :ohmy:

gomer9.jpg

*in best Gomer Pyle voice*
Rock 'n' roll stops the tray-fic.

haha....yeah. Man, I can remember 14 like it was yesterday. And now I'm 22. Where does the time go? Every day goes by faster than the one before it. I feel at this rate, when I'm 80 years old, I'll be having breakfast every 15 minutes.

-Miggy

Back
Top Bottom