How much would you pay to see U2?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oliveu2cm

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
I was reading an article from ZooTV and in LA they reported scalpers were charging up to $1200 for a ticket!

How much would YOU shell out?? :tongue:

or is $$ not an option?? :wink:

Lets seee........

4-20-01: $45 for tix
$10 for 2 posters
$60 for a shirt
TOTAl: $115

11-15-02: $50 for bus tix
$136x2 for tixs
$60 for another shirt
$30 for pint of guiness and dinner
TOTAL: $412

11-20-01: $10 for gas
$45x3 for tixs
$85 for sweat shirt

TOTAL: $230

GRAND TOTAL: $757

Id say since i spent all of this on the last tour that the highest that I would go is about $1000, but any higher id seriously have to think about it

p.s. As u can tell i really got into it!:lol:

I paid $165 but it wasn't golden circle, it was a legalized scalper who calls himself an online broker. That was for GA. U2 is worth that much to me but if it were that much for the regular ticket and then I had to pay scalper prices I couldn't afford it. If I had $1200 I'd pay it but only if I was guanteed backstage passes!

I paid $85 for my GA ticket for the Elevation tour.

For Popmart Detroit I paid $120 for a ticket in the 20th row...but I ended up standing at the end of the catwalk. :happy:

Money isn't really an object for me. I'll pay what I need to pay to see them.

if you know the hotel where they're staying , you can do it for free . or plus ticket and visa to dublin , ireland , patience

Lucky for me, my parents paid my way for PopMart and Elevation. I guess, well, I'd never resort to paying scalper prices...I love the band, but I just couldn't! But I would pay whatever the ticket outlet was charging, as long as I had the money. :slant:

madonna's child said:
no more then $50 for a ticket.

<--broke student

Same here...though I would make sacrifices to see them more than once.... I thought ticket prices were okay for Elevation tour...a little high for my tastes...but they were playing smaller arenas than they usually do...maybe if they go back to stadiums the ticket prices will go down...

In any case, I'll sacrifice to make it to at least one show. :)

I spent possibly close to 2000 dollars for nine shows in the US. It was worth every penny. I ended up paying at least double for almost all but one of my GA tickets and felt that when I got in the heart every time that was the best value in rock. I would easily shell out $200 a ticket for a heart ticket..but not for back of the arena. Springsteen is about to charge over $150 for his bad tickets and Stones are hitting over $300. U2 will have no choice but to raise prices, or tour for 9 years. The rumor is that they won't be touring for a while anyway.

On a positive note, I think they hit on something with the open floor being the cheapest seats. Springsteen is possibly doing the same thing. Not sure a Springsteen GA would be nearly as exciting as a U2 one though.

I don't want to think about it! I'm suffering with those credit card bills right now!

The only tickets I got at face value were my seats in Charlotte and my DC GA which some angelic guy on wire generously sold me for face value when he wasn't able to go. He even paid to have them shipped to me next day UPS. The rest I got from brokers, but I do think ticketsplus.com is the cheapest one. The last leg of the tour, I swear all the GA tickets must have went to brokers. They were sold out as soon as I signed online when they went on sale, and I had several friends, some on other states, trying too, and my kid was trying on the phone while I was online. Nothing. I heard stories of people standing first in line and being told the tickets were already gone, then seeing the clerk hand piles of tickets to a man who walked up. Could it have been an underhanded deal between ticketbastard and the brokers to split the profit? Something happened to those tickets.

In addition to the tickets, I had to travel and stay overnight at all but one of my shows, and one I even had to rent a car. Add the meals and shirts and stuff and I'm sure I spent in excess of two grand for my 7 Elevation experiences.

BUT I LOVE U2 YAY! :happy:

Well to see U2 @ Slane I got my tickets for ?38.50 and that was to see 4 other bands as well so it was well worth it- that was how much they were being sold for from the ticket outlet but someone offered me ?250 for one of my tickets and I had 4 so that would have been ?1000 for me if i sold them all but I wasnt prepared to sell them!!

I don't have a lot of money but if I did I would be willing to pay about ?100 for a ticket I dunno if I could spend anymore than that! I don't even have that much money anyway lol :huh:

No more than $60 for a ticket, maybe a little more when i travel to another country ( i will see it as a vaction )

I almost paid $200 to sit waaaaaaaaay in the back (from a scalper), but when I had gotten money out of the ATM, the ticket had already been sold.

Then I got a ticket in the back for $100 (by fluke)...and THEN, since it was raining that day, and the ACC was leaking, we got moved down a level to the Captain's Bar! It was sooo worth it! (It would have been worth it to sit in the back too. I would have paid the 200 for u2 tickets)

I paid $45 for my GA ticket second show. It was great b/c I got to see the Elevation tour twice, from different perspectives (stands and floor).

ugh

Carrie...my ticket for Providence 2 was $180. Of course original face value was $45. But I had a great time, so it didn't matter. But I still can't believe I spent that much!

The most I spent this tour was 150 for a my providence 2 GA. I had GC originally - but It was my last show and I couldnt go back to the seats after being in the heart :)

I dont regret all my shows and traveling last year, but now I am paying for things a little bit with airfare, hotels, etc...lol

Well... I spent a fortune this last tour between plane tix, concert tix and accomodation. My ticket for Vancouver was $115 and that was GA. I couldn't risk being left out in the cold so bought through ETS. The rest of my tickets were face value, but I nearly spent close to $200 for my Slane ticket... before I was able to score some for the regular price.

But.... as for how much I would be willing to pay? I guess it really depends on the circumstance. I don't have a lot of money, but would probably pay up to $500 for a ticket if the conditions called for it.

I paid $110 for my Popmart ticket from Ticketek (Aust.$$ double it!!:)) and kazillions on accomodation and travel.
I would dearly love to see them twice when/if they come to Australia. So....to dream the impossible dream...:D
**cass keeps stashing away those 10c pieces, I had to spend some of them on the weekend...a set back!!!**

I have this awful feeling when they do come to Oz, something weird wil happen with ticketing, they'll all be sold out and scalped and I won't get to see them...ewwNightmare stuff!!!

There is an absolute limit to what i CAN pay...unfortunately.

Well, for all but 1 of the 4 shows I've been to I've got lucky and got the ticket up front for face value, around ?40.

But there was that ticketbastardfest that happened to be called Slane1. Me and a mate ended up laying down ?320 for a weekend package from ETS just cos we couldn't get the tickets anywhere else. I guess I'd go with whatever I could possibly afford up to say ?200 for ticket alone. Afterall if you have it it's only money, the experience can be priceless:)

lazyboy said:
Afterall if you have it it's only money, the experience can be priceless:)

So true, so true. How many times have you spent too much on something and it made you absolutely sick? Now... does it even matter? Do you have any residual feelings of angst? Nope, I didn't think so.

U2 is priceless... and cass--> if it turned out U2 went to Australia and all you could get your hands on were scalped tickets, I will personally start a fund-raiser for your benefit. :D Everyone must see U2!

I paid for the Golden Circle on the last leg (thank you, Propaganda!) and that's pretty much where I draw my limit..I almost didn't even pay that much. it's not that I don't love U2 (they're probably the only band I'd pay that much to see) it's just that I have a real problem paying that much for a rock concert when there's people out there who really need the money.

and quite frankly I need the money for more important things than a concert! but U2 has a way of winning me over...

I spent well over $1,000 US dollars on this tour, most of that on Boston 4 alone (that's what happens when you decide to go two days before the show and have to suck up shitty airfare). But the most I've paid for an actual ticket is $200 for my Boston 4 GAs and let me tell you...that experience was worth about a million dollars. :heart: I don't regret it for a moment.

Angel said:

So true, so true. How many times have you spent too much on something and it made you absolutely sick? Now... does it even matter? Do you have any residual feelings of angst? Nope, I didn't think so.

Hehe, exactly, zero regret! I had to be talked into it bigtime though to land out so much money, but it was another U2 nut who did the talking into, and I am very grateful she convinced me!:D Much better than say 5 average nights out, instead I got 1 good night out and 1 day I'll never forget:)

As long as ya didn't rob the money, or are leaving your kids or other half starve, feck it, be greedy!! It's the memories that count, and gladly they tend to be classics with U2

lets see. if U2 played in Belfast....Id go, but then Id have to go alone, cause I know noone else whos into them, so then I wouldnt go, but then if I were to go and they were outdoors, Id go for free, like I did Popmart, but no, I wouldnt go and pay no more than ?40 for a ticket......

I paid $125 to an online broker for a GA tkt (last Miami show), but I probably would be willing to pay $500 if desperate. :D It's only money...Lazyboy is right. You can earn it, but the experience is definitely priceless. :wink:

lessee....for just a ticket I'd pay probably about $100, but my trip(s) last November during the tour, all told, probably added up to about $1,000 with all the travel, hotels, food, U2 goodies, etc.

I swear, I'm still paying for that! :) :heart: the boys!

I'd have paid more when I was younger. Now that I'm older, a U2 show is far less important to me than, say, the cost of an airline ticket to see my neice and nephew or my ageing mother. I also discovered I actually enjoyed each show on this last tour a little bit less than the one before it, so the GC ticket cost is pretty much my limit now. More than that feels icky and like misdirected adoration. But when I was in my 20's, hell, I'd have cleaned out my bank account (I think I did during ZooTV, actually).

Back
Top Bottom