How much U2 do you listen to?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AtomicBono

ONE love, blood, life
Okay, so we all obviously love U2... but how much U2 do you listen to on any given day? Is U2 basically the only band you listen to or do you listen to a lot of different music?

Personally I listen to a lot of different bands and such, but I listen to U2 more than any other band, easily. My day doesn't feel complete unless I listen to some U2. I do go through phases though...sometimes I'll be in a phase where all I want to listen to is U2 but if I get a new album from another band or whatever I'll listen to that a lot...but it won't take me long to return to U2. For example, I recently obtained Radiohead's OK Computer, found it to be quite brilliant...and then a few days later decided it would be MORE brilliant if I made a playlist combining it with Achtung Baby :p

If there was a way to track all the music I'd ever listened to in my entire life U2 may be as high as 50%... if I'm ever feeling down, U2 is the band. I will never get tired of them.

i never listen to Radiohead and listen to quite a lot of U2. there's some great new music around at the moment though so i find myself listening to a lot of these up and coming bands.

U2 always comes first though :wink:

AtomicBono said:
Okay, so we all obviously love U2... but how much U2 do you listen to on any given day? Is U2 basically the only band you listen to or do you listen to a lot of different music?

Personally I listen to a lot of different bands and such, but I listen to U2 more than any other band, easily. My day doesn't feel complete unless I listen to some U2. I do go through phases though...sometimes I'll be in a phase where all I want to listen to is U2 but if I get a new album from another band or whatever I'll listen to that a lot...but it won't take me long to return to U2. For example, I recently obtained Radiohead's OK Computer, found it to be quite brilliant...and then a few days later decided it would be MORE brilliant if I made a playlist combining it with Achtung Baby :p

If there was a way to track all the music I'd ever listened to in my entire life U2 may be as high as 50%... if I'm ever feeling down, U2 is the band. I will never get tired of them.

I made one too!

I would love to compare them!

60% u2 40% other

Last edited:
well, since i listen to the radio at work...i prob listen to U2 only about 25% of the time now. However, when I listen to a CD or music on my computer, its U2 about 75% :wink:

I'm like you AtomicBono... I listen to many bands but U2 are the only one that, at the end of the day, I need to hear. I listen all U2 albund and my bootlegs on a regular basis. They are my favourite band, what can I do? :wink:

But I also listen to many other bands like Pearl Jam, Mettalica, Foo Fighters, Nirvana... these 4 make the 2nd place after U2...

and then... Chili peppers, coldplay, oasis, beatles, bruce springsteen, iron maiden, pink floyd, xutos e pontapés (portuguese 25-year-carrer-like-U2 rock band), even r.e.m.

Out of 1 entire month (4 weeks) ...

:hmm:

I'd say 3 weeks are totally U2 and the other week is a mixture of 70's and 80's rock n roll bands.

As long as U2 is the majority, I can live with that other assortment ... :wink:

Fuck U2. All their songs sound the same, and that Bono guy's a jerk.

Re: Re: How much U2 do you listen to?

Tarvark said:

I made one too!

I would love to compare them!

really, you did an Achtung Computer playlist?? :hmm: not to derail my own thread but...

1//Zoo Station
2//Airbag
3//Even Better Than The Real Thing
4//Paranoid Android
5//The Fly
6//Exit Music (For A Film)
7//Ultraviolet (Light My Way)
8//Let Down
9//Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
10//Electioneering
11//Mysterious Ways
12//Subterranean Homesick Alien
13//Acrobat
14//Lucky
15//One
16//Karma Police
17//Until The End Of The World
18//Climbing Up The Walls
19//Love Is Blindness

I did choose to omit some tracks so it would not drag on too much, 19 is rather long already...but overall I'm very pleased with it...

anyway, back to discussing listening to U2 :wink:

I listen to all of the Achtung Baby album at least once a day. Then the best songs on All that You Can't Leave Behind, and various other's here and there. According to my iTunes, U2 is by far the artist that is most played, along with the most songs.

A lot of U2 everyday. :wink:

I get into phases

I've had two in the past year where I spent an entire month listening to nothing but U2

but I haven't really gotten into them since july

so maybe 10 percent of what I listen to U2

very little. they're #10 on my last.fm top artists list, and i've listened to them 73 times, compared with the play count of 1019 times of my #1 artist. of course this is just since july 10th, but the data hasn't really changed in the past couple years.

*puts on raincoat to dodge the tomatoes*

I've burned myself out on listening to U2, so lately I don't listen to them at all. But once I see the Vertigo Tour, I'll probably be reinvigorated again.

Back
Top Bottom