How much money for U2 tickets?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

discothequeLP

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Ok, getting ready for the new tour hopefully towards the summer/fall of 2004, I need to start saving up some Christmas money.

Based on the past 2 tours (Popmart and Elevation), if I lay down $250 dollars, or 141.756 GBP, how close could I get with one ticket? With two?

Thanks for the help guys!

Well, last time around GA were $45. I was able to spend that for a few shows, however for Larry's b-day show in Providence, I ended up getting my GA from ebay and spending a ridiculous amount for it. But yes, with that $45 comes hard work. I usually spent an average of 17 hours in line.

:|

But it was worth every penny and every minute to be in the second row for so many shows....:wink:

Depends if its a Stadium or Arena tour. Also if they have Cheap GA up front or not. Top price on POPMART in the USA was $52.50.
Top price in the USA for Elevation was $130.00, but those with the $45.00 dollar GA tickets had the best seat in the house.

Either way expect the top ticket price for an Arena show to exceed 130 and the top ticket price for a stadium show to exceed 52.50.

If your buying tickets for a soldout show from a scalper, watch out! Top seats will be several hundred dollars.

For the seats in the heart, I heard you had to get to the stadium mega-early with floor tickets to get into the heart. How early did you have to get there?

Yea, I dropped $130 for Elevation in Anaheim and like $90 for the Los Angeles show.
I know it's a lot of but its not money wasted because you know you get you're money's worth :wink:

For Popmart it was between 50-60 (You have to add on atleast 10 bucks for service charges, I always forget about that), and my seats were in nosebleed.

Way in nosebleed.. :(

Zoo TV- demand was so high we had to get tix from a scalper $75 (not SO bad)

PopMart-we got 5 seats at the $52.50 but if I had tried for less seats I think it would have been better we were not as far alway as some b ut not as close as I wanted.

Elevation: for 3 shows I had $45 dollar seats that were behind the stage this was not as bad as it may seem (I mean hello getting to state at Larry)

ANother show we were on the other side of teh arena for $85

I'm glad I did not have to pay $130 although getting in the h eart would have been cool.

If this next toutr is stadiums I am going to have a WHOLE different strategy...

For Elevation my tickets were ?38

But if thery were playing in Phoenix PArk which I highly doubt would happen in 2004 because RHCP are palying there this year and I duno I couldnt see U2 playing just after them - ill prob be wrong though

My tickets for the RHCP in June 2004 were ?59 (inc service charge) for one person (Thank Goodness I didnt buy them!!! :shocked: )

So I would maybe save ?200 and that would be you sorted for 2 tickets no problem :up: And you would have money left over :yes:

Last tour:

For Detroit I had decent lower-bowl seats, paid about $90. I got my Chicago GA ticket from Prop for $45, Vegas GA on a SUPER lucky break for $45 as well. Those were the 2 best shows I saw that year. :hyper:

I paid $150 for Gold Circle the second night in Chicago. Don't get me wrong, the show was awesome, but paying less than half of that to be in the second row a night earlier was kind of a bummer. :|

Bunbury said:
Yea, I dropped $130 for Elevation in Anaheim and like $90 for the Los Angeles show.
I know it's a lot of but its not money wasted because you know you get you're money's worth :wink:

BAW's were at those shows and then Nov. 18 in Las Vegas...and we didn't know anyone....we were shy IF YOU CAN BELIEVE THAT!!! :lmao:

Where are you from Bunbury??

TiaraGurl said:

If this next toutr is stadiums I am going to have a WHOLE different strategy...

Let me in on that strategy :)

If they play Shea Stadium....I have a connection...got awesome seats for Bruce in October...

$40 some bucks...eh, that's not bad at all. I could manage to scrape that together. :).

I've never been to an arena or stadium concert before, so if I get lucky enough to see them this next tour, I'll have to learn the ins and outs of getting to these places and being as close as I could to the stage and stuff.

Angela

Back
Top Bottom