How much money are you going to spend on the 3rd leg?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Too damn much.

tongue.gif

------------------
"Enough of this video bullshit, I'm going to give you some culture. Know what I mean?" -Larry

~April

Yeah and $7 for parking? Are you parking 2 miles from the arena? The parking at the United Center was $15 on the first leg. The lowest I saw was a considerable distance away and it was $10.

How much will I spend? Too much as pointed out above. I plan to go to 3 shows. $52 ea. for gen. adm. tickets with service charges, $15 for ea show parking, $50 for a hotel room (overnight stay between Chicago show, splitting the room with a friend) Gas, $20 for my 1/3 of it. For a grand total of:

$241 cha ching and that doesnt even include any merchandise, food or beverages consumed.

Well, that's true, I probably will pay more for parking. I've never been to Staples Center. In Anaheim I paid like $7 and there is even free street parking near the arena if you know where to look. True, though, I'll probably spend more like $10 on parking.

Hopefully 3-4 shows: @ least $180
Gas: $2.5 million
Cost of a mother's love: Priceless
I don't feel like doing the math.

[This message has been edited by mocool12 (edited 09-17-2001).]

Whoops, double post.

[This message has been edited by mocool12 (edited 09-17-2001).]

More than I should be spending. I'm an English major...I avoid doing any math at all possible.
tongue.gif

------------------
Keep on Rockin' in the Free World

Well...

$90 for two tickets
~$100 for a round trip train ride to L.A. and back
~$50 for dinner and/or a bar w/ my friend after the show
~$15 in postal charges for all the U2 mixes I'm sending my friend to make sure she can sing along to all the songs
biggrin.gif

So maybe $255 if I'm lucky. Probably more.

hmmm...well, i already booked my hotel for the whole weekend in las vegas. including ticket, gas, food, and parking it'll end up being about 210. then (hopefully) 2 LA shows at 45 each...so thats a total of 300...plus parking at LA..320 total. huh, WELL worth it i would say, and perfectly fine on my wallet considering ive saved up for it all summer and have it all paid for now despite my poor college student status. im getting so excited!

------------------

It doesn't matter what songs we sing. I'm a drummer. Chicks dig me. - Larry

I don't even want to think about it. The closest show is about 8 hours away from me. Thankfully I have a good friend that lives in Denver so that helps cut costs.

Too much...

I should save it for the wedding but I'll eat Ramen and pot pies for the next year so that I can do both...
biggrin.gif

------------------
"you know we got a stormy kind of love..."

$0...I'm not going. I have to/want to save my money.

------------------
Trust In God...But Lock Your Doors

Originally posted by raincloud:

Too much...

I should save it for the wedding but I'll eat Ramen and pot pies for the next year so that I can do both...
biggrin.gif

*lol* I'm saving for my wedding too.
smile.gif

------------------

Originally posted by mrsmullen:
hmmm...well, i already booked my hotel for the whole weekend in las vegas. including ticket, gas, food, and parking it'll end up being about 210. then (hopefully) 2 LA shows at 45 each...so thats a total of 300...plus parking at LA..320 total. huh, WELL worth it i would say, and perfectly fine on my wallet considering ive saved up for it all summer and have it all paid for now despite my poor college student status. im getting so excited!

Hey mrsmullen, those are my exact plans. Would you be interested in getting together so we could split the costs? If so e-mail me mbi16@yahoo.com

Originally posted by NicaMom:
Not as much as I wanted to.
frown.gif

My husband and I were planning on going to Las Vegas but we couldn't arrange leaving the kids with any family members.
frown.gif

We'll be going to the LA one, hoping for Propaganda to come thru.

Most Vegas hotels have baby sitting or play rooms for kids.

------------------
Imagine
//oo\\

http://eliv8.fws1.com/

Originally posted by raincloud:
Really? When is it? Congrats!!
smile.gif

My only question is: Does he love U2?
biggrin.gif

Thanks! We don't even have a date yet. Unfortunately, it will not be for quite awhile. We are already saving though...we want it to be great!
smile.gif

And of course he loves U2, now that I have opened his eyes and shown him the way.
biggrin.gif

------------------

not a dime, there's not a show in the southeast. I work mon-fri so there's really no way to travel to any of the other shows (i'm sure as hell not flying).

Way too much. Hopefully I will go to the Vegas show, and I have to fly out of Pittsburgh. Flights will be going up in price, 3 nights for a hotel room plus GC seats. I get to be with my U2 buddy so it will be worth it!!
biggrin.gif

hmmm let's break this down:

3 GA tix at $52 each = $156
2 nights in a hotel at $100/night = $200
gas from Louisiana to Austin, TX & back = $60-70 (?)
food/pre-party activities for 3 = $150
U2 merchandise = approx. $35

Total = $601

whoa... that's a lot of $$$... I'm glad good ol' dad is picking up the bill I guess hehe--I'll pay for my ticket though ofcourse, that'll set me back a pretty penny
wink.gif

------------------
"If I am close to the music, and you are close to the music, we are close to each other." -Bono

tickets= 0.00
gas= 0.00
parking= 0.00
photos= 0.00
t-shirts= 0.00
tylenol pm= 0.00

I'm not going.
frown.gif
I could afford to go if they were coming to Arizona, but I probably wouldn't buy any shirts or anything.

-------------------
"The costs associated with thermoregulatory behavior and the metabolic costs resulting from elevated body temperature may exceed the energy obtained from feeding."

Richard A. Seigel
Joseph T. Collins

Back
Top Bottom