How many shows did you attend?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Total # of shows

Votes: 17 6.6%

Votes: 41 16.0%
  • 2-3

Votes: 66 25.8%
  • 4-5

Votes: 41 16.0%
  • 6-7

Votes: 25 9.8%
  • 8-9

Votes: 23 9.0%
  • 10-12

Votes: 18 7.0%
  • 13-15

Votes: 9 3.5%
  • 16-19

Votes: 3 1.2%
  • 20+

Votes: 8 3.1%
  • 30+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 40+

Votes: 5 2.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just 1 for me... 12/19/2005.

Holy crap @ the people who have attended 20+ shows... How on earth do you get the money for that?

Twickenham and Manchester!

Can't wait for next tour as we are doing at least 1 European gig (apart from UK!) and coming to the States to see them as well

Lisa

1 for me:Montreal 2...Great show!Great night! and we had Arcade Fire for the opening act plus the 2 band doing "Love will tears us apart" at the end of the second encore.Fantastic!!

:)

not including setlist parties... 6.

Toronto 9/16
MSG 10/7
MSG 10/8
Pittsburgh 10/22
Buffalo 12/9
Honolulu 12/9

23 shows. Next tour if it starts at the beginning of 2008, I'll be devoted to law school and Metallica's next tour.:drool: Hoping for Lars and Bono to get together and arrange a co-headlining Stadium tour.:drool: :drool: :drool:

15. 13 in Europe, 8 of which were in Britain and Ireland, and two in the US. 11/10 in NY and 17/10 in Philly when the Boss joined them on stage. The ones in Italy, Dublin and the NY were the best. Milan crowds are defo the best I've seen though. London, Cardiff and Rome fans weren't so enthusiastic from what I saw.

FitzChivalry said:

LA 2 was one of, if not THE, best show out of the 70 plus concerts I've seen in my life!

U2 closing the show with "Bad" = :combust:
:combust: :drool:

I'll have to agree with ya there Fitz. And I was standing with BonosLil'Pal94 :wink:

First Leg:
Boston 28/5: Side view ticket, high up, great concert

Second Leg
Cardiff - front view seat on the first tier. A little too distant and a speaker obstructing Larry

Third leg
Boston 4/12 - GA! And What a show to have GA. Outside Ellipse, front row, Edges Side.
Boston 5/12
Waited for the last minute when the scalper prices started to fall. Got behind the stage seats (what I wanted), and this also was great!

4 shows, two stages, and 4 different perspectives. What more do you want?

SpaceOddity said:
Just 1 for me... 12/19/2005.

Holy crap @ the people who have attended 20+ shows... How on earth do you get the money for that?
wondering the same thing...the money or the time...altho if i was independently wealthy it would be a blast to follow them on tour...hey, Powerball is $205M...get your tickets for the Sat nite drawing....

if an I-peep wins, you need to throw us one hell of a partay...send the first 20 peeps who respond to the NYC St Patty's gathering... :leprechaun:

not kidding...news story on a leprechaun in Alabama last year...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nda_OSWeyn8

53 shows in NAmerica!!

I attended 53 (maybe 54) shows in North America on leg 1 and leg 2 including the rehersal in LA. I also recorded (high quality) about 40 shows from the floor. I had a plane ticket to Oz and Nz, and planned to record those shows. However, after the cancellation in spring of 2006 I couldn't get excited to go back. Of course, that might of had something to do with how much better the entire Radiohead NA tour (19 shows) was in comparison.

At times the tour was a great struggle financially and mentally. I wanted to do this tour becuase it was supposed to be the biggest grossing tour in rock history. I have a renewed respect for U2 as a band. Only once or twice did i feel Bono was going through the motions (miami was one of those). However, Bono's repetitiveness was annoying. Especially how he claimed "today is pavarotti's birthday" for about 15 straight shows. That's just wrong.

The best show was the Vegas show w/ Brandon Flowers. Also, the Texas show where the fan played excellent guitar. I attended every MSG show, and they all rocked. Patti Smith!! I was able to spend a lot of time at my fav NY bar, the Molly Wee.

The best part was making a new good friend. Mark from the Jackson Hole Air Force. We went to about 40 shows together, and tore shit up.

oh yeah, Arcade Fire in canada rocked!!

Re: 53 shows in NAmerica!!

Ecarocks said:
However, Bono's repetitiveness was annoying. Especially how he claimed "today is pavarotti's birthday" for about 15 straight shows. That's just wrong.

No it isn't. Most people only heard him say it once, twice at the most. People who attend that many shows really can't complain about repetitiveness.

Re: Re: 53 shows in NAmerica!!

martha said:

No it isn't. Most people only heard him say it once, twice at the most. People who attend that many shows really can't complain about repetitiveness.

But it wasn't pavarotti's birthday. You can't claim it someone's birthday a month after it's past. People might equate that show with his birthday, etc, etc. it's just disinformation. he could have referenced pavarotti some other way. why not just say, "i recorded this song with pavarotti."

Re: Re: Re: 53 shows in NAmerica!!

Ecarocks said:

But it wasn't pavarotti's birthday. You can't claim it someone's birthday a month after it's past. People might equate that show with his birthday, etc, etc. it's just disinformation. he could have referenced pavarotti some other way. why not just say, "i recorded this song with pavarotti."

Ok. That's a good point. That would be annoying. :yes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom