How many fans ripped off?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gman

New Yorker
Having been ripped off yesterday for two tix which cost £240, I was wondering how many other fans have suffered the same fate or similar? The way these tix go on sale has to be reviewed ASAP. The real fans are missing out and or being ripped off. Now me and my mate are facing having to pay another £200ish
to get tickets on top of the £240 we already paid, only to be conned due to missing out on the farcical ticket sale in which the real benifactors seem to be the scam merchants.
The way these tix are on sale months b4 the gig, yet dont get sent till a matter of weeks b4 the gig opens up the possibilities for this to happen. I dont blame the band or management for this but it would be intresting to hear their feelings on this kind of situations.

Last edited:
How is it being ripped off...you knew the price before hand and were willing to pay it.

edit too add...define "real fans" I've always wondered what that meaned. Hopefully, I'll see the answer before this gets closed.

Ripped off as in paid £240 and the guy has done a runner with the money with no intention of sending tickets. A situatiuon that has arisen due to the way the ticket sales are done. It makes it easier for scammers to make off with peoples money.

The term "real fan" refers to ppl like myself who buy the albums, singles, attends concerts since and who has been a fan since 1981 and not the touts who are the ones who benefit from such situations. Hope that clears that up for you??
Aardvark....do i detect a hint of sarchasm in yer post?

Last edited:
Maybe they wont. And am sure you would be mumping and moaning about it too. I hope not tho. I think am entitled to be pissed off facing the thought of paying possibly £220+ for ONE ticket (inc the one I paid for and didnt get) with a face value of £55.

After hearing of the disasters in Europe, NA, I'm actually quite concerned about any future Australian tours (IF they ever happen). I've never had a problem in the past getting tickets but that's not to say there won't be a fuck up here too. Well, if there is, don't worry I'll be resurrecting this thread! :wink:

gman said:
And wats wrong with the thread? I was curious to see how many other ppl have falllen foul of scams?

I think it is because there have been like a million other threads like this!!

You should read the ones about Tickets touts, now there is a good old laugh!!

:sad: I am sorry to hear u are being ripped like this!! This is the first time since becoming a fan in 1981 i have ever just been completely shut out of a tour!!:mad: They really suck-those out there that have all the tickets for way too much then we can pay, or there's the scum, i call them that are ripping the fans the other way! HOW can WE see them?? It really sucks!:|

I really feel for ya. That stinks and is exactly wat I was trying to highlight. Hope ya do stumble across tix somewhere to see them. GOOD LUCK!

gman said:

The term "real fan" refers to ppl like myself who buy the albums, singles, attends concerts since and who has been a fan since 1981 and not the touts who are the ones who benefit from such situations. Hope that clears that up for you??

I must not be a real fan, I was born in 1983. :sad:
I guess I should give up my tickets that I wanted in line for hours for after being unsuccesful to get them on presale. I'll return all the U2 cds, books and posters I have. I'll delete the U2 digital box set from my computer and all the bootlegs, unreleased material, demos and outtakes that I have as well except for Beautiful Day and Vertigo because I'm allowed to like those since I'm not a "real fan". I hope U2.com will take my shirts and membership back.

TheRooster said:

I guess I should give up my tickets that I wanted in line for hours for after being unsuccesful to get them on presale. I'll return all the U2 cds, books and posters I have. I'll delete the U2 digital box set from my computer and all the bootlegs, unreleased material, demos and outtakes that I have as well except for Beautiful Day and Vertigo because I'm allowed to like those since I'm not a "real fan". I hope U2.com will take my shirts and membership back.

Yeah I was born in 1989!!! :sad: :( :tsk: :sigh:

Looks like I am one of the worst fans ever. I guess I should be listening to G-Unit right now because your age automatically has to determine what bands you like, and how much you like them.

to the above two posters.... i think you´re focusing on one part of gmans post and overreacting a little. it seems to me that he´s trying to make the point that a fan is someone who genuinely likes the band, not someone who buys the tickets to make money. i think he says 1981 just to show how long he personally has been a fan, not to say you have to be a fan that long. i think you´re being a bit over sensitive to take it that way. i´m sure he´s smarter than to think that!

TheRooster said:

:lol:

I had 2 computers, and 4 phones going the moment tickets came out for the vancouver date.. and got nothing.

So I had to pay 3 times + the face value of the tickets to see them. It was worth it, but it's frustrating, considering there are like 10,000 tickets online bbeing sold per show.. meaning that really none of the tickets go to people who are actually planning on going to the show.. hardcore fans who wait for the phone lines to open. Gah, don't get me started.

Back
Top Bottom