How Long Have You Been Chatting Here - Tell Us Your Interference Story!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

missmacphisto

Refugee
We were talking about it in the room the other day. BV asked if everyone there had been chatting for at least a year now.
So it got me to wondering how long everyone's been coming here to the forum, and to chat. Of course one can easily tell by looking at your posts, but that doesnt account for lurking.
Myself, I havent been interested in the net very long at all. I found WIRE in - i think - March of 2000, posted there a bit. I noticed the chat feature on there, but never bothered to try it as the computers i use dont allow you into chat rooms.
Finally i tried it in early January 2001. I didnt even know about Interference then, found out about it, checked it out in February and joined immediately. I got my current nick a couple weeks later in March.
smile.gif

Odd thing, at first in chat i used the name MacPhisto. Someone said "Interesting name" And i later discovered there was,um, another MacPhisto there!
wink.gif

So i tried this nick. It doesnt fit, but ah well.
I didnt say hardly anything except "Lol" at first and would welcome each person as they entered the room. Too shy to just jump right in... Same with my posts. I didnt do an introduction thread, just posted short, boring replies to other peoples threads. Just sort of wormed my way through, like an insidious parasite.
tongue.gif

And now...I am a Refugee...
Today MacPhisto's Dungeon...Tomorrow, the WORLD!

------------------
Look...look what you've done to me...You've made me poor and infamous, and I thank you...

My name is MISS MACPHISTO...I'm tired and i want to go HOME...

"Well you tell...Bonovista,that i said hello and that my codename is Belleview" - Bono before opening night of Anaheim Elevation concert

[This message has been edited by Miss MacPhisto (edited 12-13-2001).]

Well, as you can see, I've only been here for about a month(though I've been reading here for a while). I love it here so far. It's been great getting to know some people and I can't wait to meet more of you!

------------------
AFLAC!!!!!!

[This message has been edited by Zoo Schabow (edited 12-13-2001).]

BTW, I needed a good site like this one and Wire as none of my friends are into the band, and its very frustrating.
Its a good hobby since it doesnt really interfere with my life much, i can come here even when i'm tired, it gets my mind off of my troubles, and the people tend to be INCREDIBLY diverse and interesting, unlike the "high and mighty" lame-o twits that infest the area i exist in at the moment!
rolleyes.gif

------------------
Look...look what you've done to me...You've made me poor and infamous, and I thank you...

"Well you tell...Bonovista,that i said hello and that my codename is Belleview" - Bono before opening night of Anaheim Elevation concert

My story is cery interesting and exciting .. I came to interference in june 2000 and started posting because it seemed cool.

They should make a movie of it.

It all started in September 2000 (or was it end of August?) on a forum board at MTV Europe.
Paul (Acrob@t) posted there, asking if there were any U2 fans around. I emailed him, we talked for a while and he mentioned this site. I noticed the clips, downloaded them (still only talking to Paul at that time, as far as the forum is concerned), we commented on the clips and discussed the album.
My first post was probably in that "clips" thread a bit later on.
I tried chatting a few times, but i never found any regulars to talk to. (except Babygrace, rougerum, Arun V, lazyboy, Bebe each 1 time only)

[This message has been edited by U2girl (edited 12-13-2001).]

I've been here...since the dawn of time, it seems.
wink.gif
No, actually I got into U2 in about March of 2000. As a new fan, I was clueless as to where to go to find info about the band, and I ended up on Wire. Well, the flame wars and general elitism there scared me off and somehow I stumbled across interference. Joined the forum. Started posting cautiously...found out that people were actually NICE here...and ended up sticking around. There were some exciting days back in the beginning. Things were much smaller, the album was yet to come out and no one had seen a live show in eons. There was the leakage of the clips, the album leak, the ATYCLB virgins and sluts, the "what will they name the album?" debates, Achtung Bubba and rougerum were regulars...oh all that good stuff. I used to be a chat fixture, but these days I'm just a poster.
smile.gif

-sula

------------------
~I want to play the guitar very badly, and I do play the guitar very badly - Bono~

Take a virtual tour of U2's Dublin... Crzy4Bono's U2 page with some of Sula's Dublin pic's

Sula's Europe and U2 Concert Pics

Well I can't remember how I found the forum, but I think it was around December 2000. I didn't register and start posting until January when everyone was bitching about to have GA or not to have. lol. Couldn't keep my mouth shut in support of GA!!
biggrin.gif

I hang out here alot at work 'cause I have a lamo job. But I find it addicting and have made some extraordinary good friends here in the last year.

Yay for Interference!!!
biggrin.gif

------------------
"It's no secret that our world is in darkness tonight..."

Stumbled on to this forum searching for ATYCLB mp3s before the album came out. I lurked for a while and in the last few months or so starting posting.

------------------
~ME THREE

Don't get sentimental
It always ends up drivel

I have been here since.....January I think. One of the first people I met was Rougerum....and Nate. As for the forum, I think only since July or August. But as anyone, you make good friends really quick.

------------------
---my thoughts on THEHEPCAT'S pictures--- hmm Hep's pretty cute......wow Hep's at the united center in Chicago...I was at that show.....hey....that guy next to him is really cute too........*2 minutes later* OH MY GOSH!!!! DUH that's Larry!!!!!!----
yeah.....i'm blonde

Whoa my bad....i've been on the forum since October.

------------------
---my thoughts on THEHEPCAT'S pictures--- hmm Hep's pretty cute......wow Hep's at the united center in Chicago...I was at that show.....hey....that guy next to him is really cute too........*2 minutes later* OH MY GOSH!!!! DUH that's Larry!!!!!!----
yeah.....i'm blonde

Originally posted by SkeeK:
My story is cery interesting and exciting .. I came to interference in june 2000 and started posting because it seemed cool.

can I play you?

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

Originally posted by Salome:

can I play you?

Only if you look appropriately Skeekish.

[This message has been edited by sulawesigirl4 (edited 12-13-2001).]

Hmmmmmmm well I started looking on the net for U2 info when Beautiful Day came out, though I've been a fan before that, Joshua Tree/R&H era... and I think I was trying to get tickets and stumbled upon the U2 tours or U2 tour whatever.. and found like a bit of the forum.. and only posted in Now Departing because I didnt know the rest of the forums existed BWAHAHAA! But I'm really glad I found it and everyone because you are all wonderful and I've made many friends and have obtained a lot of U2 stuff and just have had an all around great time here.

Cant believe its almost been a year!!

eek.gif

------------------
It's cold in the ground
But there's peace in the sound
Of the white and the black
Spilling over

Sicy's Website

Photo Albums

I was a member of Wire--for about a year and a half--somewhere around there. But I found it kinda annoying.

I was out of the country when the tickets for Elevation Leg 1 went onsale, so I went to the U2 database and e-mailed everyone in Toronto asking for an extra ticket (sad, aint it?) Skeek responded....
Didn't end up finding a ticket through that so I spent most of my time on the net looking at U2 sites trying to find tickets. Found this site, joined...(after the concert though, which i DID end up seeing)

[This message has been edited by The_Sweetest_Thing (edited 12-13-2001).]

Originally posted by sulawesigirl4:
Only if you look appropriately Skeekish.

You mean like this?
tongue.gif

skeek1.jpg

[This message has been edited by SkeeK (edited 12-13-2001).]

You mean like this?
tongue.gif

That's it! Salome, unless you fit that physical description, I'm afraid the part of Skeek in the upcoming film will go to...errr...my cat?
tongue.gif

here goes: i started looking for some u2 sites to look up some lyrics to some u2 songs, since most of the time i have a hard time understanding some songs because i am partially deaf; i guess thats why i have so much love for music. and i came across this one here, found the lyrics section. i was pretty emotional when i finally read them, and i was really happy that i finally found this u2 site because not only did i find the lyrics section, i found the forum and the chat too. i have been in chat since october 2000 and registered with the forum since november 2000.

------------------
touch me, take me to that other place, teach me, i know i'm not a hopeless case

Originally posted by Arun V:
that's why I became a gigolo...I couldnt spell worth a damn

Well, I certainly hope you're better at your *ahem* job than you are at your spelling.
wink.gif

11doh.gif

Actually, Arun is quite the pimp... just check out the "Uh Arun is Elevated" thread in PLEBA.

wink.gif

[This message has been edited by SicilianGoddess (edited 12-13-2001).]

He has 3 PLEBA threads!
eek.gif

Hey Arun...You couldnt spell that? Wow, and you said I had no education!
Nyah Nyah!
tongue.gif

*Chomps on a Snickers bar and looks smug *

------------------

I started chatting since october 2000, and posting more or less since may I think
smile.gif

------------------
Please...don't make me say please, champagne and ice cream, it's not what I want, it's what I need.

I was attending school away from home at the time...was very bored and lonely...was sitting in the campus library, surfin' the Net for U2...then I came across Interference. I read the forum for about a week before I actually registered.
smile.gif

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

I think Raffie was one of the early people there. I started close to that time ( I think).

It seems at times, that I have been chatting with some of you for many years. Maybe that's one of the reasons I was made an Op..I use to spend lots of time in there.

MissMac...It's a wonder why we haven't been killed my some of the guys in there...
smile.gif

Originally posted by Miss MacPhisto:
He has 3 PLEBA threads!
eek.gif

Hey Arun...You couldnt spell that? Wow, and you said I had no education!
Nyah Nyah!
tongue.gif

*Chomps on a Snickers bar and looks smug *

sorry miss...I haven't watched as many richard gere flicks as you.

It all started in September 2000 (or was it end of August?) on a forum board at MTV Europe.
Paul (Acrob@t) posted there, asking if there were any U2 fans around

geez, that was over a year ago..this last year has really flown by
biggrin.gif
I think I was trying to educate the pop/early nu-metal crowd on the text boards with U2 wisdom back then..if I remember trying to get some of the Limp Biskit fans into The Unforgettable Fire...
redface.gif
.....I was a lurker since July 2000 with a few alias changes between then and February 01, really got into this place around Sept/Oct 00 when those clips started pouring in...never have I been so excited regarding U2 logging in each day to see what River had found the link to next...then those fantastic few nights where this one contact started spreading the album on Napster and staying up all night getting a taste for the release...all great memories..I truly hope this next album has a similar tease with clips, discussions..would love to experience that again
smile.gif

Sicy wrote:

and only posted in Now Departing because I didnt know the rest of the forums existed BWAHAHAA!

...sicy was a newbie...sicy was a newbie...
tongue.gif

------------------
As I wander through a valley of sleepers, sky torn open with stars bleeding from its veins, pouring out onto nights black soaked curtain, and spread over mother natures scorched earth

[This message has been edited by ACROB@T (edited 12-13-2001).]

Back
Top Bottom