How Long Have You Been Chatting Here - Tell Us Your Interference Story!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I came here in August of 2000. I had been reading the News section of Interfernece for at least a year and then I stubled on the Message Board and then I didnt sign up unti some people started bitching about the Beautiful Day clip and I felt compelled to give my opinion!!!

Miss MacPhisto are you the person I gave a ride to Anaheim #1 to? I think you are but Im not sure, the world seems to be full of MacPhistos these days...

LMFAO! Yes Camilo, tiz me!
tongue.gif

The one who didnt make it out of the venue in time, so fate intervened, you left, and i stayed till 1:30 giving Larry fits!
wink.gif

P.S. Yes we certainly do have an awful lot of MacPhistos around lately. We are multiplying! Scary!
------------------
Look...look what you've done to me...You've made me poor and infamous, and I thank you...

My name is MISS MACPHISTO...I'm tired and i want to go HOME...

"Well you tell...Bonovista,that i said hello and that my codename is Belleview" - Bono before opening night of Anaheim Elevation concert

[This message has been edited by Miss MacPhisto (edited 12-13-2001).]

Mmmm...I tink I've been here since about April or May...shortly after I found out that U2 came to Dallas and I didn't even know it (don't get me started on that one).

I can't remember exactly how I found the site, probably when I was on Wire, but I know I lurked for awhile, checking out the scene...and finally was compelled to dive in! I've met so many great people that I really do call my friends here...it's pretty cool. U2 folks really ARE the best!
wink.gif

Of course I tend to spend most of my time on Pleba... (don't hurt me)

Disco

[This message has been edited by Discoteque (edited 12-13-2001).]

Ive been around since August 2000, minus a couple exam periods and time without a modem hehe

Id like to know how many people started posting instantaneously when they found the site as opposed to how many lurked for a while...

My registration date says APRIL!
tongue.gif

I came across this board like in March but only read the topics! Then I joined in April! It was cool! Although, one of the vets here told me I shouldn't post too much cause I was a "Newbie"
icon28.gif
And I just never left!

Ta Da.. the end!
wink.gif

------------------
Love, slowly stripped away
Love has seen its better day...

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica*.???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

I had been reading the Interference news service in the real early days. I remmeber reading it at uni and I think it had a black background then. AM I right Elvis?

I was a member of Wire, still am, and wanted to find a good message board because mailing lists just dont have the same intimacy as boards do.
One didnt exist. I stumbled across the Million Dollar Hotel board and posted there occasionally as 'poptart'.
There I found 'bicycling fish' and he mentioned there was a cool new message board at intereference.
So I checked it out and signed up, there was skeek, river, rouge, bebe, sula and that was about it! hehe
I then discovered the very boy Id been emailing on Wire was also posting here, Michael G.

I used to go to chat a lot back then. Sula, and beebs, remember our synchronised pop sessions?
We used to have so much fun doing that and its funny cause now we'd get kicked out for flooding/singing
biggrin.gif

I think the first huge thread that i remember cauing a lot of arguments was the bikini one haha
Good ole red drink...

I actually first stumbled across Interference.com way back in the day (I want to say 98/99-let me know if this is wrong, Interference Gods, lol).

When I came across it again in June of this year(after being on WIRE only two weeks and not liking it much at all)I read for about a week then registered. Somebody told me in one of my first posts that my name was too long and I was messing up the layout of the pages. Hmph.
tongue.gif
lol

Anyway, I've made so many cool and really awesome friends here...gotten a ton of cool U2 stuff, hell-if it hadn't been for this place I probably would not have made it to Chicago and definitely not Vegas! You guys all rock, and to prove that well, just look at my abnormally high post count.
biggrin.gif

------------------
"I sometimes get the odd twinge that I wouldn't mind playing lead guitar, just like a couple of notes, but that's about as near as I would want to get to the front." -Larry

Originally posted by ACROB@T:
then those fantastic few nights where this one contact started spreading the album on Napster and staying up all night getting a taste for the release...all great memories

Yeah, that was fun, wasn't it
wink.gif

-U2Giver

I came across interference after I attended the Prov. Oct 30 concert. I had the most awesome experience when Bono saw my 9 year old daughter at our seats behind the stage during "Bad". I haven't shut up about it, but if you haven't heard my story it's under "fan review by Anne"
http://www.u2tours.com/display.src?ID=20011030&R=1

I got online to find photos and the bootleg version of the concert to hear it again (and again...)and ran into interference through a link. I found a discussion from the concert started by Martha

http://forum.interference.com/u2feedback/Forum1/HTML/015036.html

and kept checking in for photos. My first actual post was delayed because I can't read and clicked the box that said I was under 13, but eventually it was resolved so I've only been posting for a few weeks.

Here are some of the photos I've received so far:
http://forum.interference.com/u2feedback/Forum1/HTML/016201.html

and the bootleg is awesome!

I've really enjoyed getting news quickly and reading everyone's opinions in surveys, etc. The only thing I'm not sure about is where the Newbie handbook is? I hope I didn't break any rules!

Also, do most of the posters here chat?

[This message has been edited by BostonAnne (edited 12-13-2001).]

I think I found interference shortly after the summer 2000 issue of Prop came out. Was that the one that had fan sites in it? I can't even remember now, but it either mentioned this site, or I found it as a link from another site. I read threads for about a month before I started posting. Even now I don't post that often -- maybe one or two posts every few days. But I check the forums often, so I always know what's going on.

I was an ATYCLB virgin back in the day, BTW. Ahhhhh, memories. Sniff.
wink.gif

------------------
"The minute anybody starts telling you what God thinks, or exactly why he does such and such, beware. People should never try to make God in man's image, and that's what they're constantly doing." - Madeleine L'Engle, 1963

"True to form, Edge's promise of 'just the one' turns out to mean just the one bottle of vodka." - Q Mag interview

"don't give up, you've got the music in you..."

Originally posted by zooropamanda:
So I checked it out and signed up, there was skeek, river, rouge, bebe, sula and that was about it! hehe
you forgot Bubba
smile.gif

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

how could i forget bubba?!!!
he was a mad posting machine back then!

however there was one member whom wasnt very vocal back then at all. He would pop in here and there with these one liners.After a couple of months i started to notice and i recall commenting on his witty remarks.
Eventually something bizarre happened and he soon became a MAJOR poster who couldnt shut his mouth
biggrin.gif

Wonder who Im talking about?.....

I didn't find interference until about Thanksgiving this year--Sula told me about it at the Vegas show.

I'd joined Wire waaaay back when it was still hosted at the University of KY--1996 or so? It was cool for a while, but after Pop came out, it got ... unreadable, to be nice. A group of us Wirelings got together and spent some time in Dublin around the Popmart shows (see http://www.geocities.com/cindit8/dublin.html if you're interested in seeing what we did, ho hum).

I ran into one person in LA this year that I had met in Dublin. It was great seeing her again. There were many people in the GA line from LA who told me about the U2LA yahoo group. I joined that, but have found a better home here.

HUGE thanks to sula and spanisheyes for showing me the way. *sniff* *group hug*

--
Baby baby baby, light my way...

I got into U2 in May 2000 I think. I came to interference for its frequently update news back then. I didn't discover feedback until September and I started to read the posts here. I finally signed up for a screen name in October and posted something which a newbie would post. I only started to post frequently in May or June 2001.
biggrin.gif

I went to the chat twice... but that's all. That's mainly because of the time zone difference....
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

[This message has been edited by christiana (edited 12-14-2001).]

I first heard of interference in May, after I went to Chicago 4 when my U2 fandom went from normal to obsessive in two short hours. I lurked for the first month or so, and I still don't post all that often, but I read almost everything, especially stuff in EYKIW and PLEBA (the MacPhisto Society has become a part of my daily routine
wink.gif
) Thank you all for feeding my obsession
biggrin.gif

I lurked for a long time until I started posting. I had to wait because there were a few "fake edges" around when I first went to post, so i didn't want to get caught up in that.

The first person I really started talking to on here was The Wanderer, and I wonder where he has wandered off to.

I have met a few folks at the Dallas and Austin shows, and that was great because U2 people are so nice. I met a couple at the Atlanta show, but i don't think they post here anymore
frown.gif

Its been great fun, and if i ever get my computer fixed I'll be able to post a lot more!
smile.gif

------------------
B Y S
L O O
E U U
S R L
S

gottaGO gottaGO
gottaGO
gottaGO
gottaGO
gottaGO
gottaGO

Originally posted by zooropamanda:
I used to go to chat a lot back then. Sula, and beebs, remember our synchronised pop sessions?
We used to have so much fun doing that and its funny cause now we'd get kicked out for flooding/singing
biggrin.gif

I think the first huge thread that i remember cauing a lot of arguments was the bikini one haha
Good ole red drink...

Yeah, manda. "Everyone put on POP....3....2....1... Boom cha!" haha. That was good fun. And who can forget the bikini debate? I miss good ol rouge.

Speaking of people from Wire and Interf...I think we'd met on Wire and then ran into each other here, manda. I recall you being the one person that was actually NICE to me on Wire. lol.

Originally posted by alreadygone:
I didn't find interference until about Thanksgiving this year--Sula told me about it at the Vegas show.
HUGE thanks to sula and spanisheyes for showing me the way. *sniff* *group hug*

hehe. I was so glad to find that you actually took my advice and came here!
biggrin.gif
And now I'm afraid yer gonna hate me because once you come here...there is no turning back. It's an addiction.
tongue.gif

I found the news section of interference thru a link posted at the now defunct u2dublin.com in early 1999. Next thing I discovered in the site was the lyrics section, something really important for me, because of the language, I still need to read the lyrics. Then one day in May 2000 I saw and annoucement that a brand new message board had been opened at interference and decided to check it out. I lurked around for a month, reading all the messages, it was not so difficult because the place was not that crowded, LOL. I remember of Bubba, Bebe, Vorsprung, ishkash, SkeeK, Zoomerang96, Mermaid (a new-zealand girl, whatever happened to her?), sula, whiteflag (another one I miss), rougerum and NicaMom. I really got courage to register and post after reading a post from NicaMom where she explained to Bubba, I think, the origin of her name. Then I thought, "So many great U2 fans here, they are all nice but this girl...she's latin and so am I...she's a mom and so am I...she's not a native english speaker and so am I..." then everything started and I couldn't leave this place anymore.

So if you can't stand my presence here you should blame our good friend NicaMom.
biggrin.gif

Btw, where is she? I haven't heard of her lately.

PS.: Salome, I forgot to mention Salome, always so funny and soooooo nice with me
biggrin.gif
. Wouldn't be him you're talking about Amanda?
wink.gif

------------------
"To me a rock and roll concert is 3-D, it?s a physical thing - it?s rhythm for the body. It?s a mental thing in that it should be intellectually challenging. But it?s also a spiritual thing, because it?s a community, it?s people agreeing on something, even if it?s only for an hour and a half." (Bono, as quoted in the book U2 The Road to Pop)

[This message has been edited by follower (edited 12-14-2001).]

i became a poster about a month before the release of atyclb and had been reading since about a week prior to that. got banned over nothing a couple of times. somehow got back each time. ive been here on an average of 3 or 4 times a week i think.

------------------
~stadtmueller

i started coming here after becoming disgruntled with wire, which i had been on and off of since probably '98.
i first joined under the nick' Dave May(my name) but soon realized that wasn't very original and bowed out of after about 50 posts.
i then rejoined with the kobayashi moniker and a bit of a new attitude-somewhat more antagonistic.
i gained notoriety first with my mention of certain individuals entering my 'bad book'(which i just made up), and then made the 'no smiley' and dragon stands that continue on.
i recently pissed a lot of people off by posting a 'post your password' thread, which didn't go over so well. i almost went through a breif stretch where every thread i posted got deleted-that sucked.

...All I wanted was some ticket info back in April of this year... and I havent been able to find the damned exit!!!

BOSTON ANNE... I love your storyabout your daughter and Bono!!!! Thanks for sharing it with us.

Joined on November 30, 2001 cause I was going to my first U2 concert Dec 2, 2001 and wanted some people to talk to. And it has been such a blessing! All youse guys are getting to be great friends. *warm fuzzies*

------------------
One love, one life...
Give peace a chance!
Don't let the bastards grind you down!

Bono: I don't walk, I swagger! I sashayed once, but just once. It wasn't for me.

It seems like it has been forever... I mean I don't remember what I did with my time without you guys haha. Seriously I've met a multitude of great people through this website. Unfortunately I don't have it in me to tell the tale in the detail it deserves (I just got in... I'm tired) but, I will say, it has been a while! I remember wandering into the chat before it became what it is today, thinking "hmmm... they aren't responding..." to later find out that I was attempting to hold a conversation with a chat bot. my how things have changed.

Hmmm... I started posting over a year ago... and did so quite frequently at the start... now it's been about 6 months since my last post. I see a lot of names that I don't recognize, all with thousands of posts. Guess I've been gone for a while.

my first memory of interference (i think) was voting in a Pop poll and gone won best song, back around 98 i think.

For the amount of time ive spent here i don't seem to have many posts. Oh well, quality not quantity eh?

Originally posted by sulawesigirl4:
hehe. I was so glad to find that you actually took my advice and came here!
biggrin.gif
And now I'm afraid yer gonna hate me because once you come here...there is no turning back. It's an addiction.
tongue.gif

Hate you? NEVER!
biggrin.gif
(unless you turn into a websnot like those found on other unmentionable web sites, hee hee)

The man himself said it best:

I know it's tough
And you can never get enough
Of what you don't really need now
My, oh my

I love being stuck in this particular moment.
biggrin.gif
I have actually struck a balance, I think. Just a little bit a day, between work and packing up to move to our new house.

Though since my husband is back from his business trips, I've had to scale back my PLEBA visits.
frown.gif

You can blame the man himself...elVis!!
first thing i did when we connected to the net at home was type U2 into a search engine(looking for tablature) that lead me to u2station and then to grantham's chat room. Someone came a calling there saying he had a site and it was going to become THE best U2 fan site. I fell for it...big time. That was a long time ago now. Funny thing was someone called lara_croft was a regular back then and U2watcher...who just watched,lol.
"I've been to chat rooms that never close down,
NY, Paris and old London town...
but no matter how far or how wide I roammmmmmm
I still call Interference.com home..."
Thanks joel and co.

Back
Top Bottom