How long have you been a U2 fan?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl91289

War Child
I was just wondering how long people here have been U2 fans, I've been one for 3 years. Has anyone here been a fan since before The Unforgettable Fire came out in 1984? In other words, has anyone here been a fan for 20 years or more?

Since 1993. I really liked Numb when it came out. Then when Lemon came out, I said, I really need that album.

Most casual fans hated that album, it's funny cause I didnt like U2 until that album.

Not long enough, dammit!

I took a class called the history of rock and roll Spring 2000 and we watched a video series called the history of rock and roll. A blonde, bearded Bono was one of the ones interviewed in the videos........I think it's from around 1995, you can rent them if you don't believe the blonde, bearded Bono part............anyways the girl who sat next to me leaned over one day and asked me who that guy is beause he looked familiar. WTF she didn't recognize him as Bono?? I was sooooo pissed that she interupted him and I found myself looking forward to his interviews.....I always hated U2 but I was in the mood to listen to Bono and his band that I hated with a passion my whole life after that class so I went to store and bought the Best Of CD and I've been completely obsessed since that day..............................completely obsessed.

Last edited:
2003 will mark my 20th anniversary. I became a fan with the War album and Red Rocks on TV.

Hey BAW! :wave: Those were the days!

We're not old! There used to be people here who had been fans since 80 or 81!

I want to say it's not that I didn't like October or Boy, but I really hadn't heard of them :uhoh: We didn't have MTV and I never heard them on the radio so War was the first U2 I was ever exposed to and I've been hooked ever since! :happy:

1992. I saw and heard lots of U2 on TV and radio. In my high school journalism class, many of the seniors seemed to be fans(I was a sophomore). They went to see Zoo TV. I was curious, bought a few U2 CDs, and haven't looked back.........

2000. i think...but i tried very hard to make it look like i've been listening to them since before i was born :shifty: yeah.....em...don't ask...

Bono's American Wife said:

same here :wave:

Yep, same here, although I was a kid then. I grew up on MTV, and I always loved them. And before JT, I was even a Bono-girl!
;) I dug those black jeans he wore during the red rocks concert!

1991 - and I've been joyous and peaceful each day since! :heart:

:bow: to U2 for nights of happiness and less sadness. :bow: for kicking darkness til it bleeds daylight.

:hug:

Well, TECHNICALLY speaking, about 6 years now...although I've been hearing U2 around the house since JT came out, thanks to my mom.

IWasBored said:
2000. i think...but i tried very hard to make it look like i've been listening to them since before i was born :shifty: yeah.....em...don't ask...

Yeah same with me....I was born in 1986 but I talk to people about Joshua Tree like I loved it from the day it was released.:p

IWasBored said:

Hey, it's possible...I think I read somewhere that you can hear stuff in the womb...

SamanthaPuff said:
Live Aid, 1985. I was 3 years old but I remember it and I loved Bono! I was exposed to U2 a lot as a kid because my family were fans. I was a little Bono girl and I still am one!

You went to Live Aid? That's awesome! I wish I was even alive to go, but I wasn't even born yet. That concert must have been absolutely amazing

SamanthaPuff said:
No I didn't go to Live Aid *I WISH* I just remember seeing it on TV and liking Bono :love:

I wonder if anyone here was at Live Aid? :hyper:

That would be cool!

I know someone who was at Woodstock!

I've been a fan since The Joshua Tree was released in 1987. I was 19 at the time, but I somehow had never been exposed to them until then.

Hmmmm...that kind of makes it sound like they're a disease! Oh, well, in that case I hope I never get cured!

Since December of 2000. I was one of the people who was made a fan due to ATYCLB, and I'm thankful for it :).

11/15/1987
Oakland JT concert..... well, I actually bought Under a Blood Red Sky about 6 months before this which got me interested, but this night blew my mind and made me into the fan I am today:yes:

Back
Top Bottom