How long have you been a U2 fan? - Page 6 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-22-2003, 10:56 PM   #101
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 04:28 AM
see, THAT is why some of us make it look like we've been fans since before we were born...to avoid being called a dreaded newbie.

Old 02-22-2003, 11:11 PM   #102
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

I've been listening to U2 for so long, I don't really remember the exact time frame when I discovered them! But I know for sure that I really loved the song "Gloria" when it was played on the radio, then when I saw the video. That song just has such a sweeping, BIG sound to it--I still love it to this day.
And while I've been a fan since that time, going to shows, buying all the albums and such--all the good feelings and admiration and fond memories sort of turned into a passion the day after last year's Grammies! That's when I started seeking them out on the Web, and found Interference. Now I love them more than ever.

Old 02-22-2003, 11:22 PM   #103
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 12:28 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Bono's American Wife
Calling people newbies because they became a fan after a certain date or a certain tour is a very un-U2 like attitude. Bono wouldn't approve.
Amen.
Old 02-22-2003, 11:47 PM   #104
War Child

Local Time: 08:28 AM
1982. I saw the Gloria video. I was twenty and it just blew my mind.

~najeena~
Old 02-23-2003, 12:23 AM   #105
Blue Crack Addict

Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.
i remember thinking after i saw the Gloria video for the first time that they were singing about my mother!

lol

thanks to MTV they made me a fan early on. New Years Day, Two Hearts, Pride, Gloria, those videos grabbed my attention early on and so did the Red Rocks concert! Bono in tight black levi's! oh wait sorry, this isn't pleba.
Old 02-23-2003, 01:56 AM   #106
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 03:28 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Bono's American Wife
Calling people newbies because they became a fan after a certain date or a certain tour is a very un-U2 like attitude. Bono wouldn't approve.
Exactly.

Like I said, it's not my fault I was born in 1984!

Angela
Old 02-23-2003, 08:48 AM   #107
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by Moonlit_Angel

Exactly.

Like I said, it's not my fault I was born in 1984!

Angela
and it's not mine that I was born in 1981! If I would have been born 10-15 years earlier I know I would've been into U2 from the earliest days because I love early U2 now!

What difference does it make how long someone has been a fan anyway? Just because someone has been a fan longer, it doesn't make them a "better" fan!
Old 02-23-2003, 05:14 PM   #108
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Quote:
Originally posted by wertsie
and it's not mine that I was born in 1981! If I would have been born 10-15 years earlier I know I would've been into U2 from the earliest days because I love early U2 now!
Yeah!

Had I been born a lot earlier, I would definitely have been a fan from the beginning!

Quote:
Originally posted by wertsie
What difference does it make how long someone has been a fan anyway? Just because someone has been a fan longer, it doesn't make them a "better" fan!
Exactly.

Angela
Old 02-24-2003, 02:23 AM   #109
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 10:28 AM
Hello,

I can still remember many things very well (that are U2-related, that is ). In 1984 I saw the video for Pride a couple of times. I didn't like it (in fact, I often confused it with the video of Prince's Purple Rain, both were performance videos with an audience). In 1987 I did not care for With Or Without You, never bothered that they did not reach #1 in the Dutch charts (they stopped at #2 behind I-can't-remember).
Around 1990 I got a CD-player and started to get more interested in music. My first favourite band was the Dire Straits, so I collected their albums. In September 1991 their latest (and also last) studio album was released, On Every Street. I bought it and a week or so later I bought U2's Rattle & Hum. I wanted to hear some new music, from an artist I didn't have any albums from. I started to like some of U2's songs and R&H was their longest album (quantity value for money). I was hooked and the rest is... So at 15 years of age I finally got some sense in me .

C ya!

Marty