How long have you been a fan??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

one4u2

ONE love, blood, life
So how longs it been? Me, since the late 80s I think around 87-88. My highschool yearbook pic even had a U2 quote :wink:

I became a fan when "Beautiful day" was released.

I had never listened to U2 before that, but now
i looooove pop and achtung baby and all those
older albums

My cousin introduced me formally to U2 when Achtung Baby came out, in 1991. I was going on 13 then. That ended up being the first U2 CD I bought myself. :)

somewhere between seeing the video for 'sunday bloody sunday' in 1983 and hearing 'bad' on my brother's copy of UF in 1984. i was pretty young, but not too young to recognize truly great music.

:up:

I first became a fan when I was 11...I'll be 29 in April...sooooo (counts on fingers and toes) almost 18 years!

I was a so-so fan until Beautiful Day came out

My next-door neighbor lent me Rattle and Hum in '92. Then a French exchange student turned me on to War in '93. I was 14, and I became bait to this day.

I guess Joshua Tree era, around 87, maybe 88. I would have been about 12/13, I became a oretty big fan, but it wasn't until I was about 16/17, about 1992 when I became a ridiculously big fan.

I am one of those fans who loves U2's whole catalogue and prettu much all of their 'eras' but I would be lying if I didn't say I lean HEAVILY towards the Zoo era (91-93)

Since 1998... Took me a few years to finally hear all their great songs and realize how much fun I was missing out on. Plus, The Best Of 1980-1990 played a huge role in becoming a fan, as well as Popmart Mexico City and Achtung Baby.

Not long, I've only been a fan since June this yr. I heard Pride on the radio while driving home from my Grandma's house - now one of my favourite U2 songs, I didn't know who sang the Pride @ the time, even though I had heard it before. The moment I got home I downloaded the song + more. Have since bought 4 U2 DVDs + their new album. The more U2 I listen to, the more I love their music. :)

blue eyes123 said:
Not long, I've only been a fan since June this yr. I heard Pride on the radio while driving home from my Grandma's house - now one of my favourite U2 songs, I didn't know who sang the Pride @ the time, even though I had heard it before. The moment I got home I downloaded the song + more. Have since bought 4 U2 DVDs + their new album. The more U2 I listen to, the more I love their music. :)

:yes: it's a happy little addiction :wink:

My dad worked nights when I was little, and he would come home and eat TV dinners at 8 am and watch MTV. I knew all the words to Sunday Bloody Sunday and New Year's Day when I was 4. Through the years their singles became some of my all-time favorite songs, but I didn't realize they were by the same band until Beautiful Day was released and my hardcore U2 fan roommate went crazy. I've been addicted ever since! It's true, the more you listen, the more you love the music.

since this May :D I was hanging out with my aunt who has been totally obsessed for her whole life..I always knew she loved U2 but I never really knew who they were, even though I had heard the music. I never cared for it but for some reason this time I was with her it just clicked. Haven't stopped listening since, and I love it!

I started listening to them in about 1983...probably late '83. Was a HUGE fan for several years -- through JT and into R+H, but my obsession with them has faded in the past 15 years (didn't help that I absolutely loathed AB). Kind of a casual fan now.

19 years. I remember I was in the sixth grade in 1985 and I didn't have MTV. The only way I could watch videos is by watching this show on a local station. And they would play the video for the Unforgettable Fire. I fell in love with the video and the song. Then Live Aid happened, and I noticed these people waving these huge U2 signs.
Then 1986 came and I was totally into Bon Jovi. Hey, I'm from Jersey, cut me some slack.
And then WOWY came out in early 1987 and I have been a die-hard fan ever since.

Back
Top Bottom