How is this possible??????????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rob33

Rock n' Roll Doggie
alright this performance is downright HAUNTING...

id go so far as to say this performance goes down as...one of the best EVER...

you can really see how phenomenal Bono is when he sings "oooh hard to know what it is if you never had one....." it's hard not to sit back and say to yourself "how is it possible for a band to produce this sound?"

does anyone else feel similarly? THIS IS ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE!!!!

by the way, this is like my 100th time listening to it, but i just had to post this to forget about my anticipation and anxiousness for the new album and U2 3D...and to see what you all think of course :) :wink:

there's a way to rip the sound from youtube , but I haven't had much luck ... I only get a snippet .

vixy.net

The Grammy performance is my favorite version of Walk On.

I'm a sucker for a gospel choir. :wink:

That is indeed an amazing performance. it's as if they're at a U2 show, not an awards show. Bono especially really seems to be in another place.

I kind of miss Elevation era...I felt like everyone loved the band back then. Now everyone seems to hate them :shrug:

well that performance really wasn't THAT long ago haha...

I just think that as U2's fan base grows, there will be more people that just seem unable to appreciate what the band produces...in other words, don't "hate" the band just because it isn't what you wanted...if you don't like it, FINE! but just learn to appreciate it for what it is...

I also believe U2 has made, and continues to make such an impact in the world of music, that as they continue to sell out stadiums, people's expectations grow and grow, sometimes too high.

All i can say is this: lets appreciate U2 while we can, because in 30 years we will be wishing they were still making music for us. Besides, good music is hard to come by these days unfortunately :sad:

Moving to the performance...yes it does give you that feeling of a U2 concert...they show other people's almost shocked faces in the crowd after the performance, it's comical. Also check out Larry's drumming during that entire performance, IT SOUNDS SOO DAMN BEAUTIFUL HAHA..ehh..all 4 of them are unbelievable.....:drool:

E-mail me at marine22@sbcglobal.net if you want it. I was able to download it from youtube and convert to an mp3. There is the announcer and 2 second sound drop off in the beginning but's pretty good audio.

to be fair though, there was great energy in that performance. i don't like the song at all, but the band was definitely tight.

well I'm sure the crowd didn't grimace...It sure adds some other energy and emotion to the performance and probably gave some of the audience chills...just a guess :wink:

And likely struck some of the audience as needless pandering.

I know it's supposed to be more of a "let's lift the spirits of post-9/11 America" thing, I just think the song alone was good enough for that. Didn't need the "here, let me spell it out for you" at all.

Last edited:
At that time, people from other places showing affection for Americans was a pleasant thing for me, being American and all.

I wish all that good will would have lasted but looks like we blew it. A story for another time I guess! heheh

Back
Top Bottom