How is the Zoo TV Washington DVD?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shart1780

Rock n' Roll Doggie
I got this coming in the mail and know nothing about it except for the fact that it's pro-shot. Is it good? How's the quality? How is it compared to Zoo TV Sydney?

really? i think its my favorite zoo tv dvd. the band is having so much fun.

pick it up, well worth it. :drool:

good setlist too with SBS, they play ISHF on the b-stage (whatever its called).

the phone call is great, and ultraviolet after it is amazing.

Where did you get this dvd , I had put a post about other zoo concerts filmed , and how can i get this ?

MrBrau1 said:
It's a sterile soundboard recording.

No life in it at all.

Soundboard recordings are awful. The Washington DVD puts me to sleep. I want to hear the crowd going insane when The Edge rips into the beginning of Zoo Station. Or when the Streets lights blind the whole stadium.

For anyone else who's looking into getting this, I'd advise against it.

KUEFC09U2 said:
this once again isnt a thread to start picking on other U2 releases

shame on you

Thats right whats with the whole thing against chicagos concert , the audience may not had been the best ever , but the band was on fire thats what matter .

And about this concert I still wanna put my hands on it , Man I've never really listened or watch in video a full ZooTV outside broadcast concert , and the little snippets I get in like the Best of 90s dvd only make me more curious and wanting.

GibsonGirl said:

Soundboard recordings are awful. The Washington DVD puts me to sleep. I want to hear the crowd going insane when The Edge rips into the beginning of Zoo Station. Or when the Streets lights blind the whole stadium.

For anyone else who's looking into getting this, I'd advise against it.

What if you were at the show?

I was, so I'm very interested in getting my hands on this. I thought it was a fantastic show by the way, one of the best set lists of the shows I saw on the tour. I remember during New Years Day, the other side of the stadium where people were going nuts and either the first level or second level of the stadium was moving up and down!!!

Maoilbheannacht said:

I was, so I'm very interested in getting my hands on this. I thought it was a fantastic show by the way, one of the best set lists of the shows I saw on the tour. I remember during New Years Day, the other side of the stadium where people were going nuts and either the first level or second level of the stadium was moving up and down!!!

Well, if you were at the show, then fine. But if you have no really significant memories attached to the show, there are better Zoo TV DVDs out there.

Maoilbheannacht said:

Yeah, I was there too, second level but right next to the railing with a great view. I want to get this just to relive the experience.

So what are the better Zootv dvds?

I won't discriminate, I'll take any proshot DVD :wink:

I really have no idea where to get any of the other proshot Zoo TV DVDs, but if I did I'd sure be happy!

Sydney is ten times better, Washington is boring, and the crowd is pretty much "DEAD"!

xaviMF22 said:
zoo tv washington has one of the best live versions of "ultraviolet"

thanks for this.
its a great DVD, who cares if the crowd sucked? The performance itself was great, like every ZOO Show.

get as many Zoo DVDS as you can, thats my advice :wink:

RademR said:

thanks for this.
its a great DVD, who cares if the crowd sucked? The performance itself was great, like every ZOO Show.

get as many Zoo DVDS as you can, thats my advice :wink:

BTW isn't this one the infamous Ultraviolet live video , that is very easily found in like kazaa , the screen is very little and the sound isn't very good either , but the band is great , edge is wearing a bandana I think , and bono throws his hat to the audience ?

i dont think so, off my head in know for a fact bono isnt wearing a hat in the beginning of the song.

could be wrong :huh:

Back
Top Bottom