How highly do you rate U2?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

How highly do you rate U2?

• A mediocre band on the world stage

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A top ten band on the world stage

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • In the top three best bands of the world

Votes: 18 18.8%
  • The best band in the world currently

Votes: 6 6.3%
  • The best band in the world for the last ten years

Votes: 13 13.5%
  • Simply the best band ever to have existed

Votes: 54 56.3%

• Total voters
i voted for top ten. i don't really agree with this, as i'd put them more in the top five, but i thought top three would be a bit high since there have been so many other great bands.

KhanadaRhodes said:
i voted for top ten. i don't really agree with this, as i'd put them more in the top five, but i thought top three would be a bit high since there have been so many other great bands.

But that's Top Ten currently. So bands like Queen, Beatles etc. wouldn't count.

tough Q.

I would say my fave band but its not there so....In the top three best bands of the world

I love lots of other bands - at the moment I am enjoying REM, Coldplay. Kinks and Dire Straits, but when i play U2 its like being knocked out - sometimes I leave the planet with the Edge, swoon with Bono, air drum with Larry and marvel at the sublties of Adams glories bass lines - there is no other band like U2 - ALL TIME BEST BAND IN THE WORLD - they offer so much and its not just the music!!

Pamela

I think the top three bands EVER to have existed are...
1. U2
2. Radiohead (simply amazing band)
3. REM

I never really liked the Beatles at all. Sure they had talent but I think U2, Radiohead, and REM have much, much more talent than the Beatles. I knoe people say "If it wasn't for the Beatles there would be no U2..." or whatever.
But thats just my biased opinion.

they are still #1, there are other bands I suppose one could say are better artistically or have more fans or hits or whatever, but I never gave a shit about that, Achtung Baby pushed them to my #1 all-time and they still are, though they are not my favorite band at present, but that will change if their next album is bad-ass (though even with another mediocre album they will still rank #1 for me all-time)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom