How far have you/would you go to see U2?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

achtung y'all

The Fly
Either in the past or in the upcoming tour of 2005/06, how far have you/will you travel to see the boys play rock and roll?
Personally, I live just outside London, and for the Popmart tour I got as far as Paris (200+ miles) and for the Elevation tour, I saw them in New York at Madison Square Gardens (a slightly more impressive 3500 miles).
For the new tour I may go to Europe (like Germany or Spain) if possible but what plans is everyone making? I'm sure you have much more impressive figures than mine. Just curious. :wink:

I haven´t seen them in concert yet.

But i would do pretty much anything!!! :hyper: :hyper:

I have to go to "fear factor" to win the money so that i could buy the tickets and pay for the travel.......:|

shy said:
I'm thinking to visit Ireland or another country in Europe, next tour.:scratch:

thats in one of my "Realistic Plans" for next year.
It all comes down to how much money i've got saved in the kitty come ticket sales time, and if it does not clash with my school exams...which the Ireland gigs (if they go as those "confrimed dates") will.

i'm in london and going to ireland next year fora concert ther (dream come true!)
and then, depending on dates, imight try coincide a trip to America with a concert there
thats a bit of a distance

I live just outside Glasgow and I travelled to London to see 'em, but if money was no object I'd pretty much go anywhere to see 'em.

:sexywink: I have traveled from Los Angeles, CA. to Milton Keyes, London, Ireland to LIve-Aid,London to see them, as well as Arizona(4xs!)and Los Vegas(Pop!)for opening night!:up: But, if money was no object-I would Love to see them in Japan or australia!!:wink:

I have and will travel by car anywhere I can drive to that only requires a one night stay in a motel. I can't afford 2 and the ticket too, and I don't fly :uhoh:

America is a huge country, and many times bands don't come within hundreds of miles of fans, even in our own states. It's not uncommon to travel. During the Elevation tour I used to read complaints from Europeans that U2 wasn't coming to their city or country. I say, well, hit the road, European countries are about the size of our states, and that's what we do. We have to if we want our U2!

I am in New York and trying to get to Ireland to see them this summer. I must see U2 in Ireland before I die!

I live in the Philippines. Went all the way to Giants Stadium in New Jersey back in `97 just to see U2 live. It was the experience of a lifetime.

Cheers,

J

I'm going to be eyeing the Australia/NZ dates with great interest, have enough frequent flyer miles to burn for the occasion...

for the begining of elevation tour i drove:
atlanta to miami (and back) 1330 miles +
Altanta to charlotte (and back) 500 miles +
Atanta to houston 811 miles +
Houston to dallas (and back) 480 miles.
So in the span of 11 days, 6 shows, and 3,121 miles driven.

and is was worth all 45 hours of driving.

Forgot to say that for Popmart I hit shows from Las Vegas to the UK/Ireland. Elevation I didn't go quite as far afield as there so many shows spread out in the Northeast, although I did get to Fort Lauderdale and Chicago.

I saw them in Denver twice during the Elevation tour, where I had to drive about 20 minutes down to the Pepsi Center. :wink: I think I may be venturing a bit more this time around and check them out in their backyard.

Ambitious, I know.

I'd travel thousands of miles, and I plan on doing so. I live in Salt Lake City, Utah, and I plan on seeing a concert in Boston, Massachusetts. Part of that is I want to do some possible home-shopping.

The only two times I've traveled by plane is to see U2. I'll even enter and win contests to see them.:wink:

Well most of the shows I've seen have been in the Los Angeles area( 7 shows) and then I've seen them in Las Vegas. But the farthest I've been to see them was during the Elevation tour. I went to see them at Slane 1 in Ireland and it was freaking AWESOME!!! Great memories of the country, places, people and especially the show!!! Planning on seing them back there in Ireland or England next year! ( I hope:) )

jphelmet said:
for the begining of elevation tour i drove:
atlanta to miami (and back) 1330 miles +
Altanta to charlotte (and back) 500 miles +
Atanta to houston 811 miles +
Houston to dallas (and back) 480 miles.
So in the span of 11 days, 6 shows, and 3,121 miles driven.

and is was worth all 45 hours of driving.

That must have been AMAZING... I am very jealous :D

If I could I would go anywhere to see U2. Japan, Australia, Ireland, New York, where ever... but y'know, I'm a 16-year-old girl in the heart of America (quite literally, Indianapolis is in the center of Indiana which is considered by many the central state, it's probably not geographically but eh) and I don't even have my license yet (permit! :p). Basically I'll go to the closest available show, which will hopefully be in town... I'd love to go up to Minnesota for a show though because I love it up there and I've got relatives there.

I may be going to England this summer...if by chance they play there when dad and I are there... :drool: I'd LOVE to see them in England. Or any foreign country. Or...period :p

I live in RI and I drove to Philly to see them in 2001. Well worth it.

I would LOVE to see them in Ireland this time around...that's part of the plan for 2005!

Texas Panhandle to Brisbane Australia - Lovetown Tour

I've also traveled to California, Utah, Arizona, Nevada and Boston.

This time around, I am thinking about trying to get tickets somewhere that there will be multiple dates, to cut down on the air miles and save money, it always takes me until the next tour to pay off the U2 debt that accumulates. :uhoh:

I'm coming to America to see them this spring! This will be several thousand miles, but I'm sure will be worth it:wink:

Travelled to Saratoga Springs, NY from middle of nowhere Pennsylvania in '92 to see them when I was working on a kids summer camp. No idea how far that was but we got lost and a little drunk in Albany on the way and it was 6am by the time we got back.

Orange County, CA to Las Vegas (PopOpener)
Orange County, CA to Phoenix (JT Shows)
Orange County, CA to Boston (Elevation)

two definite travel plans for the next tour 2005:

New York City (Madison Square Garden) and Holland

But I plan to see them in Chicago too. Those are definetly 3 but I want to go to a couple more, depending on the $$$ situation.

i'd go all the way. oh, wait, you mean... uh oh! in that case, i'd go to a place called, vertigo.... :drool:

Back
Top Bottom