How far have you/would you go to see U2?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm planning on doing the West Coast. SF, Portland, Seattle, Vancouver. Maybe Las Vegas. Depends on how many tickets I can get. During Zoo TV I planned my European trip so that I got to see them in Carlsbad, Cork and Dublin. Of course I also saw that show in SF, LA, and San Diego...Hope this show is as much fun as those travels and trips were!

One can only hope to see U2 in space.

U2, in their frenzy to acquire more corporate tie-ins, will team up with Richard Branson and offer the first rock concert in space aboard a Virgin Galactic spacecraft. William Shatner will do a spoken word version of The Wanderer.

Perhaps not for the upcoming tour, but for their as-yet-untitled future Irish folk music release. Keep your fingers crossed.

aahh, :sigh:, sometimes when you get older you have more responsibilites , and somestimes hard times get you & leave you with lots less money, than you once had {not that i was rich by any means}.

I Always have had a lot of interests, which often compete for time & money. But when I had more money I could see several of my Super fav bands sometimes within a month of each other.

SO I'll tell you how I traveled for the whO in 75/76, and just imagine substituting U2 {as if I had the money to go for it}. We called it our Bi-centennial East Coast Who Fan Trek :D!

In late 75 I traveled down to Philly with a friend in the mid-Nov cold to stand over night to get wristbands to then get tix. Then we returned to philly to see the show later on.

We got tix of ?march 76 to see The Who in our hometown NYC at MSG.

Then we were so psyched-- me & my sis went up to Boston by to find scalper's tix around in late April. We did get in, but seperate sections..I was recovering from a nasty ankle sprain, but manged to climb over some partition to get on of the 'mini-cymbals' that had broken off of Roger's tamborine {used for Baba O & ?sparks?} after the show was over. :D

ANd finally while my sis & I were attending a interview {a rock & roll class} with Patti {dancing Barefoot} Smith {waaayy coool}, I had just read in Billboard that tix were going on sale later that week or so for the Who in Maryland.

So we asked our Mom for "the Concert 50" she always had saved up so we could borrow & could get money orders, or go stand on line ASAP for the 2 to 4 of of us who'd go to which ever show. Oh, this is wehmn Rock Tix were 7.50 - 10.00$ USA currency. :lol: :sigh:

So we drove {sis's ex-boyfriend} down to Wash DC to hang out for the day on the Nat''l Mall :love:, then drove to LAndover MD for the show.

Our seats - about row 20- were taKEN, tho by the sound board. So ww were given exchange seats.....in the 8th row!!!

SO if I could do something like THATnow [up & downthe mid-atlanctic to dc east coast} for U2-- i'd try for one show in several cities. I'd go and visit Boston, Philly & dc for instance :wink: . cities I've visited before and really enjoy.

We had such a fabulous time [except wehn we were anxious about getting the tix].

I've taken to standing out side MSG in NYC 2001 nov onward to get a closer glimpse at the guys, and anytime I can when Bono makes a public apparence, because we've never ever gotten anywhere near U2 as we have for the WHo in concert!- like 'sneaking' even up to the first row with a professional camera in '71 Who's Next tour! Oh I got such coool photos of the Who that time. [and other times, but i think that was the best]

Last edited:
Judging by reaction of the people who heard the new songs on the new album, this tour will be F**** amazing.

There is no musical artist better in concert than U2. There is no argument or debate, apologies to Springsteen. (And I'm from New Jersey).

My ultimate fantasy is to quit both my jobs and travel around the world to see U2. That is my nirvana, my heaven.

During the Elevation tour I went to three concerts. I live in Utah...we went to Salt Lake City, Denver, and Las Vegas (drove). For the next tour I'm really hoping they will go to Salt Lake City again, then I can guarantee I can get there lol. If they don't I'm just hoping my brother will want to drive to see them again, as my car is a piece of shit and I'm not old enough to rent a car...nor am I brave enough to drive alone.

The tour is starting off in Florida, right? I have an online friend who lives there and she wants me to come see her so I would consider flying there. I would love to see the very first show on the tour. :D

IF I had lots of money hell I'd follow them all over the place and see as many concerts that I could get tickets for!

Seen ZooTV and Popmart in Vancouver. Travelled earlier this January to have dinner with Bono in Atlanta. As for the upcoming tour, hoping to see at least 5 shows (pretty much wherever I can get the best seats). Hopefully, Miami, New York, Chicago, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Portland, Seattle, Vancouver. And if the stars align, then perhaps Ireland.

How far have I gone? Well, to see Bono once I spent Thanksgiving weekend driving from Michigan to Nebraska (about 16 hrs total each way) and slept out on the cement while it was 22 F/-6 C. I got rather sick, but got to shake his hand!

I also tried to take out an extra $1000 on a student loan to cover some traveling expenses for this tour, but was denied (for reasons not having to do with the extra $1000).

I'd be willing to camp out (2-3 days or whatever) for tickets or a good spot at the concert.

I don't and won't ever have enough $$$ to fly anywhere, but if any of the southern US dates coinside with my pre-planned spring break road trip, I'll do my best!

Elevation Tour

Lawrence, KS to:

Minneapolis, MN
Albany, NY
Hartford, CT
Boston 3
Boston 4
(followed them for a week)

Denver, CO
Chicago 2
St. Louis, MO

Needless to say, the transmission on my truck went out about a year after the tour was over. Elevation was the first tour, I really went out of my way to travel. It was the best money I've ever spent on a band.

Went from Amsterdam to London a couple of weeks ago for the Top of the Pops performance. Went to Cologne and Dusseldorf for concerts, but that's not really that far I guess....

I haven't been to a concert yet!, but I've waited around the whole day to meet them! Luckily it was totally worth it.

This tour I'll be travelling a fair bit! I can't wait. :hyper:

Back
Top Bottom