'How do you live with a huge U2 fan??'

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My parents use it as a good opportunity to wind me up.

My Dad finds it hilarious to tell everyone he introduces me to how obsessed I am with U2 *almost* to the point of embarassing me, he does it to wind me up because I can't let on it annoys me cos I can't be seen to be ashamed of it, I'm proud of my obsession dammit!:wink:

{paintedroses} said:
My parents use it as a good opportunity to wind me up.

My Dad finds it hilarious to tell everyone he introduces me to how obsessed I am with U2

:yes: My mom does that to people we meet or even my own friends. My parents and my sis all find my U2 obsession really amusing but they do share a liking for several songs esp. from the 90s like Hole Me Thrill Me, Even Better, Stay and Numb.

My mom always cuts out/earmarks any article about Bono or U2 that she sees in any newspaper or magazine she reads, for me.

But she also makes comments about me wanting to look like Edge whenever I put any kind of dark-colored stocking cap on my head in the winter. Sometimes it's true, sometimes it's not.

My parents and sister make some good-natured jokes about the guys from time to time, Bono in particular, but they all like U2. My dad in particular is a big fan, has liked them pretty much since the beginning (heard "Bad" last night on the radio and was going on about how great the song was :D). My mom always sends me U2-related things she gets in her e-mail via a music group she's a part of, and my sister's borrowed a couple of my CDs from time to time to listen to them (namely HTDAAB and their 1990-2000 best of), as well as put some of their songs on mix CDs and stuff. So naturally they'll all be cool with my love for the band :). Besides, this isn't the first time I've gotten obsessive over something, so they're used to that kind of thing from me anyway :p.

My friends have been pretty cool with it, too, even those who don't listen to U2 on a regular basis.

Angela

Back
Top Bottom