How come Elevation tour only got to Europe and US? How will the next tour look like?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
If i'm not mistaken, JT tour, Zoo tv and Popmart covered Australia, and South America (even some parts of Asia during Zoo tv?).

So...how come so far the guys only travelled to Europe and US?

Also, how long do U2 tours last? I saw Larry in an interview where he said Zoo tv was the longest, 2 and a half years.
What about the rest of the tours-say, a year long usually?

What do you think the next tour will look like? After the spectacle of Zoo tv and Popmart, the intimacy of Elevation?

People always talk about the next album, but isn't the real question: what about the next tour?

------------------
"It's about finding your way into the music." - Edge

"Something inside said this could be everything in your life." - Bono

"U2 as a band does things no one else can do. I think that is a very powerful thing." - Larry

"Adam believed in the band before anyone did." - Bono

The Joshua Tree tour only hit N. America and Europe. Zoo TV played N. America, Europe, Japan and Australia. U2 played S. America for the first time in 1998 on the Popmart tour.

Not to mention the Lovetown tour in 1989 only played Australia, New Zealand, Japan and Europe.

So this is not a new trend for U2. Popmart was really the only tour they have done that covered most of the world. I think U2 are going to be back in Europe next summer in support of a new album. They may play other places not hit on the Elevation tour after that.

I suppose the next tour will reflect the mood of the next album. I can't even start to hypothesize as to what the next step or leap could/will be. ATYCLB was "like oxygen" and the tour reflects the same.

As for Australia, etc not being visited, I have read rumours re: a 4th leg - but it's anyone's guess now. The guys aren't as young as they used to be, and really need some rest.

Originally posted by Blue Room:

Not to mention the Lovetown tour in 1989 only played Australia, New Zealand, Japan and Europe.

That's what i meant when i said JT covered Australia. Wasn't Lovetown tour just a leg of JT tour?

------------------

"U2 as a band does things no one else can do. I think that is a very powerful thing." - Larry

No, the Lovetown tour was not part of the Joshua Tree tour. The Joshua Tree tour ended on 12-20-87 and was in support of the Joshua Tree album. The Lovetown tour started 9-21-89 and was technically in support of the Rattle And Hum album.

Originally the Joshua Tree was suppose to end in Australia but was cancelled to do Rattle And Hum. That is why they hit Australia on the Lovetown tour but it was a completely different and separate tour with new songs to play on that tour.

Thanks for clearing that up for me.

------------------

Back
Top Bottom