How can Italians enjoy U2's music?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Johnny Swallow

Bad Daddy Johnny
I mean come on, that band of dirty micks is so full of irish pride it's disgusting. All of the celtic mood in their early albums is obvious. That 'New York' song is all about how the Irish have taken over New York and plan keeping it that way. I bet the cover of U2's next album will have them in Green robes with pointy hoods standing around a flaming pint of Guiness.

And most Irish people are probably in the IRA, I heard that once on the internet. The IRA likes to bomb innocent people. And they even bomb there own countrymen, which shows that they have no sense of community or civic duty. Italian people should really be afraid since they are capable of bombing other Irish people.

If you're Italian, you should get no pleasure of listening to U2. Because as we all know...Being loyaly to your party...er...country is the defining factor in life.

------------------
This post brought to you by: MTV "It's only cool if it's profitable."

AIM: JuanSwallow

[This message has been edited by Johnny Swallow (edited 11-13-2001).]

indifferent.gif

I'm Italian...but also Irish, English, Welsh, and German. I AM Heinz 57.

Damn, I could go for some gnocchi right now...

------------------
Tonight this city belongs to me...

Just a warning:

Think twice before making another thread like this. My sources tell me that it's not a good idea.

------------------
Schabow

You know I will actually have to say here that really the biggest craziest over the top, I have a U2 tatoo over my entiure back people, actually are Irish. And the towns with larger Irish populations actually have more of a U2 fan base. It's cuz they are crazy micks.
Oh and lighten the hell up guys. Jeez.

------------------
Please repeat the message, it's the music that we choose.
http://www.sit.wisc.edu/~kljense3/MrTvs.html

Originally posted by mikal:
Just a warning:

Think twice before making another thread like this. My sources tell me that it's not a good idea.

The wise Schabow hath spoken.

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

I'm French, Swedish, and German.

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

I'm German, Irish, Catholic and a journalist so I just drink beer. If anyone needs me, you can find me passed out in the gutter.

I am 100% italian.. live in Brazil, yeah, but still..... My whole family has the italian traditions. And why do we like U2? is the same thing of asking;

Why do we need food?

Simple: cos its essential, and thats it.

And, btw, italian U2 Fans are prolly one of the most numerous in the world
mad.gif

------------------
- Laura -
Mrs.rougerum
( definitely the
better half )

I bet the cover of U2's next album will have them in Green robes with pointy hoods standing around a flaming pint of Guiness.

Johnny...how do you know about the Rituals and Rites of Passage of The Ancient and Mystical Brotherhood of The Black Stuff?

I thought we weren't supposed to speak of it outside The Walls.......

U2s biggest concert ever: POPMART September 1997 Reggio Emilia Italy, 150,000 fans! SOLD OUT Over 5 million GROSS made in one show! Its really down to the Irish and Italians in deciding who are the most supportive U2 fans. Canada might be a close 3rd. But there is strong arguement that the Italians might even top the Irish in being the biggest craziest U2 fans in the world. Just look at the graffiti on the walls of Wind Mill Lane and the wall around BONO's house and ask what nationality most of the writers come from!

Um, sure....whatever you say.
rolleyes.gif

Italian and Hungarian, with a teensy bit of English, French and German thrown in for good measure.
biggrin.gif

------------------
Fan named Matt (as a fellow fan prepares to take a picture of him with Larry): "You know Larry, I'm a drummer in a band too."

Larry (looks at fan and shrugs, smiling pleasantly toward the camera): "Well, Matt, we all have our problems."

~*April*~

YO PopAngel, if you have a problem with what I said, don't just role your eyes, SPEAK UP!

Originally posted by STING2:
YO PopAngel, if you have a problem with what I said, don't just role your eyes, SPEAK UP!

I've never had a problem with anything you've said, STING2, but I always have one with what Mr. Swallow says. Just me misleading the masses yet again.
wink.gif

PS-*whistles @ UL*

------------------
Fan named Matt (as a fellow fan prepares to take a picture of him with Larry): "You know Larry, I'm a drummer in a band too."

Larry (looks at fan and shrugs, smiling pleasantly toward the camera): "Well, Matt, we all have our problems."

~*April*~

Back
Top Bottom