How brilliant is mercy?!!!!!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
StlElevation said:

Feelings change over time. A few months ago, I thought U2 were the best band on earth. Now look. :happy: So yeah, I admit, at one point I liked the song. But that was around the time it was first leaked to the Internet and it was just OMG NEW U2 I HAVE NEVER HEARD BEFORE! You let something like Mercy sit with you for a little while, let the initial excitement die down a little, then see what a disappointment it actually is.

I've noticed that 90% of arguments end with the blatantly obvious conclusion that 'everybody is entitled to their own opinion.' It really should just be said at the start.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
what's ironic is that most people's reasoning for liking the song are the same reasons why i dislike it... i think bono's voice sounds week, and i think the lyrics are cheesey

I agree on the bit about the lyrics and vocals
59.gif

i think the lyrics are cheesey

What are you talking about?

"If you're hunger, baby let me feed it
If your heart is full, baby let me bleed it"

Those lyrics are gold! Gold! Bono in top lyrical form. :happy:

what's ironic is that most people's reasoning for liking the song are the same reasons why i dislike it... i think bono's voice sounds week, and i think the lyrics are cheesey

to each his own, i've heard the same arguements for pop and atylcb and htdaab.

but you know what, I like basically everything U2 has ever done, there must be something wrong with me.

oh and I love your avatar :love:

One thing u can't deny is , Edges guitar is just fucking great , specially the end , would love it to see in a record , with a little bit more production and would shut a lot of people......

dizzy said:
And I still haven't heard the damn song. :scream:

:reject:

You're not missing a whole lot. (In my opinion. People around here go after you with pitchforks if you don't mention those three words.)

GibsonGirl said:

What are you talking about?

"If you're hunger, baby let me feed it
If your heart is full, baby let me bleed it"

Those lyrics are gold! Gold! Bono in top lyrical form. :happy:

do you even like U2? all I ever see you post are sarcastic remarks. maybe I'm just reading the wrong posts or maybe you're not being sarcastic. but whatever.

I think Mercy is great as is, but I do think it could be improved.

Zootlesque said:

How the hell did you get it all of a sudden? :ohmy:

I know... Atomic Bono must've sent it to you. :wink:

No, I just googled "mercy mp3 + u2" :wink:

Hmmm...I think it's okay. For now, at least. It's seems like one of those songs that grow on you.

AtomicBono said:

do you even like U2? all I ever see you post are sarcastic remarks. maybe I'm just reading the wrong posts or maybe you're not being sarcastic. but whatever.

There are aspects of U2 that I like and there are aspects of U2 that I hate with a passion. Mercy is one of the latter.

I don't knwo if I've responded to this thread or not. there are so many damn Mercy threads I can't keep up so.... I'll just post my thoughts:

Mercy to me is one of U2's most emotional sounding songs. I love it. I'm confident the song will show up on the next album. At least I hope it will. I don't think it would fit on HTDAAB so I'm not bothered about it not being there. Now if the song never sees the light of day on an official relase then I'll be very dissapointed but in my opinion the song will come out. Imagine how great it will be live!

GibsonGirl said:

Feelings change over time. A few months ago, I thought U2 were the best band on earth. Now look. :happy:

Boy, I betcha you're thinking, "how the fuck was I ever into this overrated, crappy-ass, no-talent excuse of a rock band. They suck. They can't even hold a candle to Linkin Park, Green Day, Chili Peppers, Simple Plan, Good Charlotte or Sum 41. The Edge is the most overrated guitar player ever. He is so average at best, if even that. Bono can't sing for shit. Larry and Adam are so boring and plain with their styles of playing. WHY THE FUCK DOES ANYBODY LIKE THIS GOD-AWFUL SHITTY FUCKING BAND."

I have had to deal with this attitude from everybody I know for all my life, since I was 12 years old in 1985. Now you're another one. Thanks.

:|

joerags said:

Boy, I betcha you're thinking, "how the fuck was I ever into this overrated, crappy-ass, no-talent excuse of a rock band. They suck. They can't even hold a candle to Linkin Park, Green Day, Chili Peppers, Simple Plan, Good Charlotte or Sum 41. The Edge is the most overrated guitar player ever. He is so average at best, if even that. Bono can't sing for shit. Larry and Adam are so boring and plain with their styles of playing. WHY THE FUCK DOES ANYBODY LIKE THIS GOD-AWFUL SHITTY FUCKING BAND."

I have had to deal with this attitude from everybody I know for all my life, since I was 12 years old in 1985. Now you're another one. Thanks.

:lol:

You deserve a round of applause! Thank you so much for that thrilling moment. I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. Really, that was great. Really great. If there was an award for Generalisation Of The Year, you'd be a no-brainer for the win!

GibsonGirl said:

:lol:

You deserve a round of applause! Thank you so much for that thrilling moment. I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. Really, that was great. Really great. If there was an award for Generalisation Of The Year, you'd be a no-brainer for the win!

You're welcome..

Now go listen to a real band:

GREEN DAY

:rockon:

That guitar part at the 5:15 mark is one of the greatest things I've ever heard in a U2 song!

Love is justice, a charity
Love brings with it a clarity
Love has come again
I'm alive again

The song is bursting at it's seams with a feel-good energy that I haven't seen since Beautiful Day! It's like they've been born again!

joerags said:

You're welcome..

Now go listen to a real band:

GREEN DAY

:rockon:

Yes, because I'm the world's biggest Green Day fan. Boulevard Of Broken Dreams is really thought-provoking music! Really! What a killer riff, man!

:rolleyes:

You have no idea what kind of music I enjoy. Just stop, for goodness' sake. I really hate it when U2 fans get into a tizz because someone says something negative about the band.

joerags said:

That's really too harsh...seriously. Assuming what someone else may or may not be thinking is equally uncalled for. A person's tastes fluctuate from time to to time, no big deal.

Zootlesque said:
That guitar part at the 5:15 mark is one of the greatest things I've ever heard in a U2 song!

Love is justice, a charity
Love brings with it a clarity
Love has come again
I'm alive again

The song is bursting at it's seams with a feel-good energy that I haven't seen since Beautiful Day! It's like they've been born again!

that I agree with, this songs has a lot of energy

GibsonGirl said:

Yes, because I'm the world's biggest Green Day fan. Boulevard Of Broken Dreams is really thought-provoking music! Really! What a killer riff, man!

:rolleyes:

You have no idea what kind of music I enjoy. Just stop, for goodness' sake. I really hate it when U2 fans get into a tizz because someone says something negative about the band.

BOBD is better than any U2 song. Green Day is more popular, has more hits and is played a lot more on radio and TRL

Dookie is one of the best albums of all-time, way better than any U2 album.

Face it, U2 are the most overrated band in the history of rock. The only reason they are successful is because of their manager, Paul McGuinness, who is the most powerful man in the music industry. How the fuck does U2 win all of those Grammy awards? Because of Paul McGuinness' clout. You fucking mean to tell me U2 deserve to win all those awards, when their album does so poorly and they have no hit songs at all (No, Vertigo and Beautiful Day are not hits because they never even sniffed the top 10 on the Billboard chart).

Everybody in the music business, i.e. the pop, hip hop artists, knows that U2 aren't that great, have never been popular and have no talent whatsoever. I mean, Bono is the worst singer ever. His voice cracks all the time and it's irritating. Even Bono knows he can't sing, but he's got soul, the goal is elevation, a mole, diggin in a hole, digging up my soul, now, going down, excavaction.

WHAT THE FUCK.

God, even Bono's lyrics are so fucking shitty.

Have you ever listened to the Unforgettable Fire album. It is perhaps the most terrible album in the history of recording. Elvis Presley and America is by far the worst ever song. What the hell does that song mean. What about Staring at the Sun? Waves that leave me outta reach, breaking on your back like a beach.

WHAT THE FUCK.

Does a U2 song make any sense at all?

catlhere said:
Good song, I enjoy it. The little beginning part is annoying though. Like the Wanderer siren.

Overrated? I think so.
Still a great song? of course. but I really don't see it being one of U2's top 10 songs. maybe 20 at best.

And how do so many people say OST and AMAAW are great and call ABOY crap. :( It's just a fun rock song, grr! :rockon:

I think the beginning could use some work. It's as if it does not belong with the rest of the song. It's a very nice song altogether.

joerags said:

BOBD is better than any U2 song. Green Day is more popular, has more hits and is played a lot more on radio and TRL

Dookie is one of the best albums of all-time, way better than any U2 album.

Face it, U2 are the most overrated band in the history of rock. The only reason they are successful is because of their manager, Paul McGuinness, who is the most powerful man in the music industry. How the fuck does U2 win all of those Grammy awards? Because of Paul McGuinness' clout. You fucking mean to tell me U2 deserve to win all those awards, when their album does so poorly and they have no hit songs at all (No, Vertigo and Beautiful Day are not hits because they never even sniffed the top 10 on the Billboard chart).

Everybody in the music business, i.e. the pop, hip hop artists, knows that U2 aren't that great, have never been popular and have no talent whatsoever. I mean, Bono is the worst singer ever. His voice cracks all the time and it's irritating. Even Bono knows he can't sing, but he's got soul, the goal is elevation, a mole, diggin in a hole, digging up my soul, now, going down, excavaction.

WHAT THE FUCK.

God, even Bono's lyrics are so fucking shitty.

Have you ever listened to the Unforgettable Fire album. It is perhaps the most terrible album in the history of recording. Elvis Presley and America is by far the worst ever song. What the hell does that song mean. What about Staring at the Sun? Waves that leave me outta reach, breaking on your back like a beach.

WHAT THE FUCK.

Does a U2 song make any sense at all?

applause_crowd.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom