Hotpress - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-05-2002, 03:11 PM   #21
Refugee

Local Time: 09:56 AM
I almost forgot to thank CatDubh for transcribing the article. Thanks!

Yeah, Giant Lemon, it was really cool to see that the answer to my question got lifted by other news sources. Hee hee!

And, my shameless begging for a copy of the issue still stands. CatDubh? Maddie? Anyone in Ireland?

Old 07-05-2002, 03:57 PM   #22
Den Mother

Location: Well my heart is where it's always been, my head is somewhere in between.
Local Time: 06:56 AM
Thank You-Thank You Cat!!!!
And congrats to Mirrorball Girl!!!I like your question, it developed a very nice answer by Bono.
I think most of the questions are good, but we can't never get enough.

Old 07-05-2002, 03:59 PM   #23
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 10:56 AM

once again, thanks for printing the questionaire........very cool.
Old 07-05-2002, 06:44 PM   #24
War Child

Local Time: 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by lazyboy
Thanks for posting the article CatDubh! Saw it in the shop today, looks like a decent issue alright, besides the U2 thing! Why are all you people freaking out?! It's not a U2 magazine! The questions weren't as good as say a Q readers' interview, but chill out ya'll!

Might get it for the preview of Witnness alone, is that any good?!

CANT
WAIT
FOR
WITNNESS
Oh no lazyboy, I really enjoyed the issue, I am going to witnness too so I totally appreciate the guide (geez I never sounded so californian...anyways). I'm just saying that I know a lot of people here were about to go through a lot of trouble to get this issue just because of the interview, so I'm just saying save your money, it ain't worth it.

In any case Gina if you still need a issue let me know...in fact I'll pm you in a little bit, congrats on being a VERY select few.
Old 07-05-2002, 07:01 PM   #25
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by JessicaAnn

That was the most brilliant question anyone could have asked!!!

Why did Bono avoid the issue ...

He would still look good in gold lame and horns.
Well, yeah, but he went through that role, and he obviously thinks he "finished" it. Personally, I'd rather he did the Africa thing than put on a gold suit.......that's history to him. If it weren't he'd still be doing it. It's a bit complex for an interview format.
Old 07-05-2002, 11:44 PM   #26
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mirrorball Girl
OH MY DAD! THEY ASKED MY QUESTION!!!!!

This is mine! Mine!!!:

A question for Bono: if you had to choose one of these terms to define yourself right now, would it be A) political activist, or B) musician?

Bono: Nothing comes close to the feeling of waking up with a melody in your head and having a band like U2 to help you capture it. As I said at the HOTPress Awards, I don't think of myself as a great singer but I sing from a great place. That place is U2. Politicians don't turn me on, politics doesn't turn me on, the way msic does. I have a lot more respcet for them than I used to. They work a lot harder thatn I thought... but I don't want to be one.

BONO ANSWERED MY QUESTION!!!! I almost didn't even write in, either!

Yesterday I saw that Reuters and NME were running articles like "Bono Rules Out Political Career" and it said he told it to Hot Press. So I thought, "Maybe that was an answer to my question!" And then I was like, "No, that's silly, I'm sure there were thousands of questions to choose from." But they chose mine! YAY!

I'm begging anyone in Ireland ... can I please please please have a copy of this magazine? I'll pay you whatever it costs. Please? PLEASE?
Major, major, major congrats!!

Thanks CatDubh for taking the time to post all the questions as well.

I know that 16 questions isn't nearly enough to satisfy all of us so do you think if maybe we asked really, really nicely that HotPress would try to do another Mixed Grill with U2 (maybe all four members or just Adam and Edge to be different), maybe when the Greatest Hits comes out? Just a thought.
Old 07-06-2002, 01:46 AM   #27
War Child

Local Time: 06:56 AM
Mad props to CatDabh for the transcription. I wish they would have asked more interestin questions, also. Yeah, and where exactly was Edge the Cool and Adam, King of Posh? Excuse me? Amazes me that Larry spoke so much, though. I'm sad, no Edge...
Old 07-07-2002, 01:18 AM   #28
War Child

Local Time: 08:56 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by CatDubh
[B]Awww sorry, guys! A bit long, but here it comes:

Larry, so you're the one whose responsible for all this. Are there mornings you wake up and regret posting that notice so many years ago?

Larry: Not realy, because I would have had to fill the time with something else. I still love being in U2 but those mornings of regret are usually when there's not enough of being in a band in the work I have to do.

WHOA!!! THAT'S MY QUESTION!!!!!!! YAHOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Unbelievable!!! Can't believe that out of thousands, mine was picked...

Thanks Larry!!!

:Larry: rocks my world.
Old 07-07-2002, 01:23 PM   #29
Refugee

Local Time: 09:56 AM
Yay, Bona! Congrats! Two of us interferencers (at least)represented out of 16 questions. Not too shabby!
Old 07-08-2002, 11:12 AM   #30
The Fly

Quote:
Originally posted by CatDubh

See, I'm not saying it's a bad article, coz it's outstanding... it's just not enough!! [/B]
Good things always leave you wanting more!